::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: NLSCers

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Keep the predictions coming! Result to be released soon! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:44 pm

1. Knicks
2. 4-2
3. Thunder
4. 4-3
5. Thunder
6. Kevin Durant
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:23 pm

CHAPTER 9

The rest of the season was tough for the Pistons. The team wasn’t good enough to make the playoffs but they weren’t exactly as bad as Joe Dumars had thought they would be. Dumars was really banking on the team sliding down deep into the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings. Bobby looked back on the season as he look at the league standings. Another handful of games and a few losses for the Bucks and the Pistons could have been an eight seed.
“We were close,” Bobby said in the end of season interview with Royce White.
“Fuck you,” White cursed at him as he leaned back in his seat.
The Pistons looked confused at the end of the season as they could not figure out whether to play to win or play to lose in last 10 games. Coach Lawrence Frank was pissed off that Joe Dumars would ask him to rest all of his starters so that they could secure a better spot in the Draft lottery. Coach Frank refused to do this with Tayshaun Prince supported him strongly. That wasn’t the only strange behaviour from Dumars, who would go to each of the players and tell them to relax and play for fun. Lucky for Dumars, no one within the immediate Pistons front office were going to dob him into the team’s ownership group. Regardless, it was strange behaviour indeed.
At the end of the season, Jones got a funny call from Dumars, “Hey Bobby, can you run all the exit interviews. I’m going on a holiday. I’m too stressed. We’re getting a shit pick in the Draft.”
With that, Dumars had just disappeared and heaped the entire end of season responsibilities with Bobby. Bobby remembered back to the last time that he had got him to do his dirty work when he had to give Rodney Stuckey the bad news about him being traded away to the Golden State Warriors.
“Sorry Rodney,” Bobby had stated, “We had to let you go. You’re going to be playing for Golden State now.”
Stuckey had blasted Bobby for half an hour, ripping the organisation for their lack of loyalty, and then wishing bad luck on the franchise and Greg Oden’s knees for years to come. Stuckey let the office in a storm and didn’t even clear out his locker. One of the staffers said bye to him and he told them to fuck off. That was how bad the situation was.
“The worst part is that Joe wasn’t here to break the news,” Bobby told the same staffer who had been told off by Stuckey, “I think it would have gone down better.”
Now, Bobby was in a repeat situation with the stubborn Royce White sitting in his office. Since joining the team at the midway point of the season, White hadn’t really been too productive as a team member. He got minutes and played well but he was a disruptive member coming to trainings late and often giving the coaching staff the cold shoulder. His teammates respected him but didn’t exactly make friends with him.
“We need you back next season engaged with the team,” Bobby addressed White.
White laughed, “Get real.”
Bobby later terminated the interview and was thankful he didn’t have to deal with White for the rest of the Summer.

Dumars eventually came back from his mystery holiday and all was revealed where he had been. He was in a better mood as it was time to evaluate NBA Draft prospects for the team. He had an obsession with Vladimir Toroman – a 6’10” forward from Serbia.
“I’ve just been over there to meet Vladimir,” Joe was gushing over the international prospect, “He’s a great player. I think we’ve got to get him.”
Bobby and Joe were joined by their scouting team. They sat down to look at files they had compiled for all of their prospects. They had all agreed that it would be the best move for the team to draft the best player available on the board. They would look at all positions except for centre because Dumars felt that they had a strong nucleus in the post with Greg Monroe, Greg Oden, and Andre Drummond. They had now sat down to rank all of the prospects that they had shortlisted as candidates to be Detroit Pistons. The shortlist was short with JJ Theus, Malcolm Cole, Mel Barry, Toroman, Jay Connor and Vince Bellamy.
“JJ Theus is the most NBA ready player in this Draft,” said Bobby.
“I think he doesn’t have Toroman’s upside,” Joe noted, “We won’t be trading that high but if you pick Toroman with a fourth or fifth pick then I think you have a steal. He’s going to be an All-Star in the League.”
“Malcolm Cole would be a good pick for us. He would be a much better shooter to put next to Knight,” one of the scouts argued.
“I like Cole too but I don’t think he can help us in other areas of the game,” Bobby replied, “Jay Connor would be great. He is from the area. He’d be a good sixth man.”
Jay Connor was a Michigan Wolverine and was very popular after a stunning season. Connor had all the scoring ability to make for top billing for Detroit. Bobby also liked Mel Barry and Vince Bellamy. They were both swingmen with a lot of potential. Bellamy had a great all-around game and court vision. Barry was young and fearless with a bucket load of athleticism. None of the players impressed Dumars more than Toroman though and much to the dismay of his colleagues.
Dumars kept spruiking the idea to them, “Vladimir is going to be great in this league. I have no doubt about it. We really should consider him.”
One of the scouts tried to set the record straight, “I’m really not that impressed with him Joe. He plays well in the team environment but if we’re going to be using a high pick or trading up for him, then I really don’t think he is worth it.”
Dumars shook his head, “You guys haven’t seen how good he was working out. He’s got great strong moves to get to the hoop. He is just a very smooth player. He has too much experience for us to just pass up on him if we had a chance to get him.”
After three hours of looking over tape, the group settled on an order of priority and this was subject to where they would be picking. Theus was the top prospect, Cole was second, Barry was third before either one out of Bellamy and Connor.
“Where does Toroman fit in?” Bobby was a little confused Joe hadn’t put his name in the field.
“All of you obviously don’t want him here,” he replied, “But I think we should reconsider it.”
Jones, who had discovered Toroman at the age of 16 in Europe, pat Joe on the back and said to him, “Look Joe, I know that he looks great but put him in a game situation and he struggles. You don’t want to pick another Darko.”
The room was silent as everyone didn’t know how to react to what he had just said.

The noise throughout the stadium was booming as the last minute of the game seemed to be taking longer than usual. This was his team’s third chance to take the lead. It would give them the game. Michael Smith looked around at his teammates and his captain. He nodded at them with a sure confidence that he would make the game winning play. No words were needed as he made eye contact with them. They knew what the next play would entail.
“This is what we play for,” Smith yelled above the noise of the crowd to his teammate next to him.
Smith gave him a fist bump as the refs called play to resume. The ball was then put into play and the crowd was on their feet. This was going to be the biggest play of his life if he could complete the play with a score.
“Come on!” Smith shouted as he made his run.
The game had a toll on him as he could feel the lactic acid building up in his thighs as he pushed off with every stride as hard as he could. He had his right arm in the air as he continued to run. He turned back to make sure the ball was coming. It sure was. With no one around him, he caught the ball…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 9

Postby Like A Boss on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:44 pm

1. Guess the winner of the ECF (1 point) - Knicks
2. Length of series (1 point) - 5
3. Guess the winner of the WCF (1 point) - Thunder
4. Length of series (1 point) - 6
5. Guess the NBA champion (2 points) - Thunder
6. Guess the Finals MVP (3 points) - Kevin Durant
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Flower Chick on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:31 pm

2. Length of series (1 point) - 6
Flower Chick

Postby Khanwarrior on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:00 am

2. Length of series (1 point) - 6
5. Guess the NBA champion (2 points) Thunder
6. Guess the Finals MVP (3 points) Kevin Durant a.k.a. KD a.k.a. Durantula :D
Khanwarrior

Postby Mark. on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 am

Nice chapter. Haha as soon as I read about Toroman I was thinking Darko 2.0

Will not be surprised if you draft him, even just for the story's sake!!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 am

No hes gonna be better than darko :D
Solaris Phase Two

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 am

"Iight Royce, now Imma put them hands on you, no. No. I've been nice this whole time, now you likes to get backhanded round here."

That is what i would reply to if Royce kept treating me like that.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Durant35 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:46 pm

2. Length of series (1 point) - 5
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Valor on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

1. Guess the winner of the ECF (1 point) Knicks
2. Length of series (1 point) 6 games
3. Guess the winner of the WCF (1 point) Lakers
4. Length of series (1 point) 7 games
5. Guess the NBA champion (2 points) Lakers
6. Guess the Finals MVP (3 points) Kobe

What's wrong with Dumars drafting Darko? That's easily the best player ever to play for the Pistons! :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Brooklyn Continues Dream Run
1 June 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Image Image

Hip Hop mogul did not think that his investment would reach the NBA Finals in its first season in Brooklyn.

They will be there though to the surprise of everyone including Jay Z.

Jay Z was on hand as the Nets closed the series in Game 5 at home against the New York Knicks. “What a great story. It’s great that Brooklyn’s team beat the Knicks in the Conference Finals,” Jay Z told reporters shortly after congratulating Coach Avery Johnson and his side.

Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks were quick to leave the arena as the Nets had beat them by double digits in Game 5. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson hugged at midcourt before being mobbed by their teammates. All-Star Brook Lopez addressed the home crowd and told them that the NBA title would be coming to Brooklyn.

Thunder-Lakers Goes The Distance
10 June 2013

Image Image

The Lakers fell to the Oklahoma City by 7 points in the deciding game of the Western Conference NBA Finals. The see-sawing series, which saw the Lakers leading 2-1 at one stage, ended with the Thunder advancing and now allowed a chance to win an NBA title after missing out last year.

Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook did not miss James Harden as they powered their side through the 7-game series. The Thunder looked sloppy in the opening four games before winning Game 5 emphatically. They literally fumbled a chance to close the series in Game 6 as both players contributed to a costly turnover in a botched pick and roll that could have led to a game winning basket.

The duo did not waste any time though in Game 7 as they led from start to finish. Kevin Martin was also instrumental in the win as the Lakers were held at bay.

Kobe Bryant was understandably upset as the Lakers were ousted by the Thunder for a second straight year. His consolation was that Dwight Howard played a terrific first season as a Laker and looked all but certain to resign with the team over the Summer.

Brooklyn Shocks World With NBA Title
27 June 2013

Image Image

Deron Williams lifted the Finals MVP trophy and announced, “This is for you Brooklyn!”

The Nets’ faith in the point guard paid off as Williams led his side with 22 PPG, 8 SPG to the 2013 NBA championship. Williams who was criticised for being out-of-shape and who was snubbed as an Eastern Conference All-Star had the last laugh as he scored 34 points and added 7 rebounds, 9 assists in the championship-clinching Game 6 against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

It was a heartbreaking loss for the Thunder in front of their home crowd. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook did not get off the bench in the final 8 minutes of the blow out game. They both had sullen looks as Kevin Martin joined them with 4 minutes to go in the match.

Brook Lopez was strong with 18 points, 14 rebounds as Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries each scored in double figures also.

“Their team deserved it,” Serge Ibaka said afterwards, “They have a helluva team.”
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Mark. wrote:Nice chapter. Haha as soon as I read about Toroman I was thinking Darko 2.0

Will not be surprised if you draft him, even just for the story's sake!!

Would be pretty funny. Jay Connor is ranked mid lottery so he'd be the only player we'd definitely be able to have a shot of picking when it comes our turn to draft!

Dmastawwe wrote:No hes gonna be better than darko :D

Valor wrote:What's wrong with Dumars drafting Darko? That's easily the best player ever to play for the Pistons! :lol:

Yep - noone is better than Darko.

SuperHueyNewton wrote:"Iight Royce, now Imma put them hands on you, no. No. I've been nice this whole time, now you likes to get backhanded round here."

That is what i would reply to if Royce kept treating me like that.

Maybe Bobby will do it next season. :lol:
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 9, Finals

Postby Flower Chick on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Never thought Brooklyn would win the title; I thought the Thunder had a better chance of winning, but they blew it.
The Nets deserve it though, will all their hard work and determination. But I doubt they'll be able defend their title.
Flower Chick

Postby Like A Boss on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Damn, only got 2 points LOL. Anyways was shocked that Brooklyn was able to complete an upset. Good luck with your 2nd season. (Y)
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:18 am

Didn't even see the Nets beating the Knicks, let alone winning the NBA championship
SuperHueyNewton

Postby hova- on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 am

Damn, I pick everything wrong all the time :D Dumars running into that Darko shit again - you gotta stop him.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:32 am

Yuck. I thought about putting Brooklyn to win, just because it seemed like the upset that may happen but decided that they wouldn't even make the finals. Regardless, one of the least deserving champions? Yuck, yuck, yuck :P
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 am

Flower Chick wrote:Never thought Brooklyn would win the title; I thought the Thunder had a better chance of winning, but they blew it.
The Nets deserve it though, will all their hard work and determination. But I doubt they'll be able defend their title.

I doubt it very much as well.

Mattan wrote:Damn, only got 2 points LOL. Anyways was shocked that Brooklyn was able to complete an upset. Good luck with your 2nd season. (Y)

Was a shock to me as well!

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Didn't even see the Nets beating the Knicks, let alone winning the NBA championship

Well - Knicks were the 7 seed. Nets were the 4 seed. It's not that shocking that they beat the Knicks. But to beat the Thunder is a different story!

hova- wrote:Damn, I pick everything wrong all the time :D Dumars running into that Darko shit again - you gotta stop him.

Bobby to the rescue. :)

Mark. wrote:Yuck. I thought about putting Brooklyn to win, just because it seemed like the upset that may happen but decided that they wouldn't even make the finals. Regardless, one of the least deserving champions? Yuck, yuck, yuck :P

A 4 seed is more deserving than a 7 seed am I not right? Nets were a top 4 team all season and Knicks barely made playoffs in the end! :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 am

NLSC PLAYERS

It’s your chance to participate in MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART as an NLSC Player!

I have a new rewards and points system for this story. You will be able to spend your points that you earn from tipping contests, competitions, and other methods.

REWARDS AND POINTS SYSTEM

ENTER THE DRAFT

Deadline to declare for upcoming NBA Draft: Conclusion of first round of NBA Playoffs

Declare your intention to join an upcoming draft class: 1
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected undrafted prospect: 2
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected second round pick: 5
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected first round pick: 8

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a skill based attribute: 3
    To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a physical based attribute: 5

PLAYER DEMANDS

Complain about the coach: 1
    Complain about a teammate: 2
    Demand a trade: 3
    Demand a trade and provide a shortlist of destinations: 4
    Demand a trade and choose your next destination: 5

DECLARING FOR THE DRAFT

WHEN?

You may declare any time before the conclusion of the first round of the Playoffs. You may also withdraw any time before then as well.

I will also allow you to report your intention to declare at any time. This means that I will start writing articles about your player.

HOW?

Post in this thread that you:

- intend to declare, and/or
    - will declare

Declaring your intention to join an upcoming Draft class will cost you 1 point.

It will then cost you 2-8 points to enter the draft.

If you withdraw your intention to declare for the Draft, you do not get your 1 point back.

A CHANCE TO EARN POINTS

Every article written by you and PM’ed to me that gets posted will earn points. Give your draftee a backstory and a chance to improve his stock as well.

WHY DECLARE SOONER OR LATER

If you declare sooner, it means your player will make it into the L earlier. However, you may not be as good as a prospect as if you wait and accumulate points. If you declare later, you can have control over whether your player is a first or second round prospect.

Do not be disheartened about being drafted in the second round. The pros are that you can have some choice over your free agency destination/s after just one season! It also makes for a more interesting story.

:new: UPCOMING DRAFT CLASSE

These are the NLSCers who have declared for the upcoming drafts – I will have a limit of six (6) per Draft.

Current 2013 Draft (LOCKED IN)

Dmastawwe
    Martti
    Dare
    Lamrock
    mrmoves20

Next: 2014 Draft (CLOSED)

Mark
    Valor
    Mattan
    Mpac
    Khanwarrior
    Hova

Next: 2015 Draft (OPEN)

Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant
    Vacant

POINTS LEADERBOARD

These points have been calculated as at 23 March 2013:

mpac – 13.5
Martti – 12.5
Valor – 11.5
newc – 10.5
Justine. – 10
dare – 9
Mark – 9.5
Axel. – 7.5
hova – 7.5
mrmoves20 – 7.5
Khanwarrior – 6.5
Mattan – 6
Durant35 – 5.5
Superhueynewton – 4.5
Thierry – 4
Woogie98 – 4
Andrew_wiggins – 3.5
Houndy – 3
Sasaki17 – 2.5
Agent420 – 2
Skith – 2
Phil89 – 2
The X -2
Lamrock – 1.5
Flower Chick – 1
King Mellow – 1
badreligionau – 1
megarover – 1
Kurotsugi – 1
Dmastawwe –0

WHO GOT MORE POINTS? Well - check out the past challenge and how everyone fared!

PAST CHALLENGE

Check out the chart!

NEW CHALLENGE

Who is Michael Smith? (This is a tricky one… points for the best responses)

BONUS QUESTION

Inspired by Khanwarrior – What is Woody Hannes’ nickname for Kevin Durant? (2 points for the first correct answer)
Fresh8

Postby dare on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:39 am

BONUS QUESTION - Smooth Operator
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Mark. on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 am

NEW CHALLENGE

Who is Michael Smith? (This is a tricky one… points for the best responses) - New Coach of the Pistons (Young coach to run the young guys)
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Khanwarrior on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:41 am

Who is Michael Smith?- a ex-college player. On the fast break he was going to dunk the ball to win the game but he choked and got injured which led him to retirement. Now the PIstons are searching for a young, players coach and they think they found one in Michael Smith.

Bonus question: Smooth Operator
Khanwarrior

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:06 am

dare wrote:BONUS QUESTION - Smooth Operator

BOOM. Dare wins. (Y)

Keep the responses for Michael Smith coming in. Everyone gets points and points depend on the answers. :)
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:48 am

Nice chapter. Can't wait to see you make a run for the playoffs next season.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood