A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - TIPPING & BDL ARTICLE :)

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Martti. wrote:Any publicity is good publicity. :P

This is true.

Any indication of where you want to see yourself land next Summer? I have done 3 sims and only one time you did end up with Memphis. :lol:
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 pm

LeBron is better. Nuff said
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:51 pm

Bron > Moses :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby |)e8* on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Lebron is better than Chara, and less cocky too(maybe even not cocky at all)
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 am

Chara is much better than lebron. his assist stats tell all!
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Martti. on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 am

I hate to say this, but Chara's better.

And basically I'd like a chance to compete for a championship. Maybe like a border-line Playoff team which is young and could need an All-NBA Defender/1st team to out them over the edge. (Sort oF like Chicago did this summer by adding Boozer)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby mp3 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:37 am

Sit wrote:
mp3 wrote:
Houndy wrote:Cavs in 6
Stealth in 6

+1

Do you want a virtual player in this story as well mp3?

Yeah why not man why not lol
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby newc on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:45 am

Chara is definitely better than James, and he is better than Durant too :P
newc

Postby megarover on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:46 am

Lebron is the best of the 3. Kidd is better than Stockton as well. Imo Stockton is overrated.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Cartar on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:25 am

Stealth in 7
Bucks in 6
Cartar

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 am

Martti. wrote:And basically I'd like a chance to compete for a championship. Maybe like a border-line Playoff team which is young and could need an All-NBA Defender/1st team to out them over the edge. (Sort oF like Chicago did this summer by adding Boozer)

That's good. We're gonna have an interesting offseason then. From memory, most guys stay with their old teams except for you, Mark and Byron Brock (oskar).

mp3 wrote:
Sit wrote:
mp3 wrote:
Houndy wrote:Cavs in 6
Stealth in 6

+1

Do you want a virtual player in this story as well mp3?

Yeah why not man why not lol

Happy to have you on-board. If you're still keen just PM me your details. The template is in the first few pages of this thread. Alternatively can be found in first few pages of ALIB II. (Y)

Only 14 hours left until Game 1 is posted! Anyone who makes predictions after it is posted will score 0 points for Seattle-Sacramento series
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Playoff Predictions: 14 hours lef

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:39 am

Westbrook Vows To Shut Down Stealth

SACRAMENTO, May 13 (AP) – Former Seattle Stealth PG Russell Westbrook has vowed to continue to seek revenge against the franchise that passed up on him after just one season. Westbrook was traded to the Charlotte Bobcats despite a solid rookie season. Westbrook was left to languish on the Bobcats’ bench before getting a lifeline from the Sacramento Kings.

Since then, the playmaker has flourished as the team’s starting point guard and helped lead the team to last year’s NBA finals; and of course beating the Stealth on the way. In just days, Westbrook will line up against his former GM, Head Coach, and All-Star team mate. Westbrook stated that he is looking forward to it.

“Everytime we play Seattle, I always play my hardest. I usually play at 110% but for Seattle I play at 200%,” Westbrook said after the Kings’ practice session, “I know that it’s been a long time but I will always remember how they traded me away.” Westbrook has promised that Game 1 will be a statement game to the Stealth franchise and their fans, “I’m going to show them what they are missing.”

Read More…

Pacers Sixth Man Thinking Soccer

NEW YORK, May 14 (AP) – It seems that Indiana Pacers guard Albano Spagnoletti’s latest training run with the New York Red Bulls might not be a once off. The Argentine told sources that he was getting bored after his rookie NBA season and would not mind having a shot with soccer in the MLS.

Spagnoletti, on the wrong side of star teammate Ricky Rubio, was praised by Red Bulls Head Coach Thierry Henry for his athleticism and ball skills. “He’s got a good touch,” Henry stated, “Must be an Argentine thing.” Spagnoletti is said to be disgruntled with the Pacers Head Office after they refused to punish Rubio for the pair’s scuffle at an end-of-season function last month. Many rumours have been swirling around regarding Spagnoletti’s future. Some are that he is seeking a trade to another team, happy to stay in Indiana, and, now, this rumour about wanting to try his hand in a different sport. Another outrageous rumour was that he was even going to quit sport altogether for a career in computing.

Spanish PG Rubio has not backed down from his very public challenge to his teammate as he made a statement from his native Spain recently, “I hope that they trade him (Spagnoletti). He is a quitter and I don’t play with people who quit.”

Read More…

L-Train Confident In Finals Hopes

MILWAUKEE, May 15 (AP) – Liam Washburn, known as the ‘L-Train’ by Bucks fans, is confident that the Bucks will advance to the NBA Finals. The Bucks will face the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Finals in an anticipated showdown between NBA All-Stars Lebron James and Jay Gray.

With the Cavs recently making it publicly known that James will have a shot at guarding Gray, Washburn has come out to say that he is ready to open up the floor for his leader. “We’ve all got to come out and shoot the rock well,” Washburn outlines, “If we can do that, Jay can do his thing against Lebron. I think that a lot of people will be surprised when they see how Gray is going to play. He’s more than just a post-up guy.”

Bucks teammate Mike Conley Jr is also excited about what he terms as the ‘Jay Gray Coming Out Party’. “Jay and the Bucks are finally on the national stage,” Conley said, “You’re all going to see how amazing of a player he is. We see it every day in practice and I am sure that once you see how versatile he really is, his popularity is going to soar through the roof.” Mid-season acquisition and long time Cavs enemy Deshawn Stevenson added, “After this series, win or lose, everyone is going to be saying Martti Who.”

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Playoff Predictions: 14 hours lef

Postby Houndy on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:42 am

Soccer is Theirrys thing. Westbrook is Moses' hoe, you can say that Willie Lewis said that too bitches
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Conference Finals Hype!

Postby Lamrock on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 am

Indeed I do like out chances. I do more than just spread the floor though. I averaged like 20+ PPG in the last series!
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:50 am

Lol, can't stop laughing :lol: A feud with Rubio? Hope we can end the fights and lead the Pacers to the playoffs once again...
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby |)e8* on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Haha Thierry playing soccer
|)e8*

Postby dare on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Alabano is going to Thierry the Pacers :P Westbrook knows that the Stealth's old PG's can't stop him, maybe more playing for Wu?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Thierry • wrote: Pacers to the playoffs once again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Bucks in 7 (I hope)
Stealth in 6
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Houndy wrote:Soccer is Theirrys thing. Westbrook is Moses' hoe, you can say that Willie Lewis said that too bitches

Willie Lewis sucks.

Lamrock wrote:Indeed I do like out chances. I do more than just spread the floor though. I averaged like 20+ PPG in the last series!

20 points but 0 assists. You are a chucker like your idol Fatoine Walker. :)

Thierry • wrote:Lol, can't stop laughing :lol: A feud with Rubio? Hope we can end the fights and lead the Pacers to the playoffs once again...

Well, you wanted it and now you got it. There's a second article coming soon! (Y)

De8 wrote:Haha Thierry playing soccer

As Hondo said, thats his thing (i.e. NBA --> PES --> NBA --> NBA --> giving up)... jokes Thierry - hope I don't hurt your feelings too bad. :lol:

dare wrote:Alabano is going to Thierry the Pacers :P Westbrook knows that the Stealth's old PG's can't stop him, maybe more playing for Wu?

Aaron Karl is the better defender so more playing time for him maybe. But atm, it's looking like Kidd and Iverson will get shot at defending him. And if that fails, Ty cause Michael Redd won't be too dangerous.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 in 1 hours!

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:45 pm

A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 in 1 hours!

Fail.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 in 1 hours!

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:49 pm

shadowGrinch wrote:
A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 in 1 hours!

Fail.

I do fail at English. :lol:
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 in 40 minutes!

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Chapter 14

Flashing lights. Noise of footsteps. Mixed voices yelling random questions. Waving arms from those being held back by security personnel. Squeals and screams from young fans.
“Kevin, Kevin, how are you feeling today?”
“Are you confident heading into Game 1?”
“Kevin, have you been practising your shot?”
Kevin Durant waved off all of the questions, his eyes hidden behind his shades. He was wearing a custom made pinstripe suit. You could see the gold cufflinks as he raised his hands in front of him to make space. His entourage surrounded him as his agent was yapping away on the mobile phone. The questions continued to be asked.
“Have you got any more messages for the Kings?”
“Do you still remember last year’s series? Is it on your mind right now?”
“How do you motivate yourself?”
And as he reached a door that would lead him away from the crowd and journalists, one of the team trainers was there waiting for him. Durant reached out and high fived him.
“It’s game time baby.”

“How do you feel about playing in Seattle again?”
Russell Westbrook was icing his knees in front of his locker, “This ain’t the first time I’ve been back. I like to play good every time I’m there. Being traded by a team after just one season really hurt but I use it as motivation.”
“How do you think you will perform?”
“I promise you that I am going to go out there and make a statement. I want to help lead this team,” Westbrook was confident, “I need to show that I can step up when I am needed. I’m the point guard, this is what I’ve got to do.”
Chara was at the other end of the room, “I already told you guys that those guys in Seattle are a bunch of cunts. No one can touch me man. That guy who scores a lot, he can’t contain me.”
He laughed and continued, “Seriously, if Dela Cruz can’t stop me and if Stoudemire can’t stop me, how the hell is anyone on Seattle going to stop me? I’m the best player in the NBA. Period.”
Chara paused for a moment for dramatic effect and one of the beat writers was about to say something when Chara held his hand up, “Don’t talk while I’m talking.”
There was an awkward silence before Chara once again went on a diatribe, “You guys think I’m cocky and all that but I’m just saying the truth. Someone’s got to be real around here. I am the MVP and I am going to win this series with my guys. We’re going to get that championship.”

Coach Sit faced the media before Game 1. He could feel the buzz surrounding the game and just could not wait for tip off. He was led to the podium by his assistant and sat down in front of the open mic. He drew a bit of laughter from the front row with his opening line.
“I got a haircut. I hope you guys like it. It’s a bit more appropriate than a few months ago.”
“Coach, this is Cindy Langdon from the Inquisitor. Tipoff is only moments away, how have your team prepared for this game physically and mentally?”
“We train.”
There was some more laughter as Sit continued, “And we also play a game where Sheed has to run laps every time we hit a free throw. To be more serious, we have prepared very well in training. The guys are focussed and ready to take on this task of knocking off the reigning Western Conference champs. We respect them because they are the team to beat. We’ve reflected on last year and we are going to be trying very very hard not to have a repeat of last year.”
“Will Ferrel from the Times. Coach, how important do you think home court advantage will be for you?”
“Look, home court is huge but when you get to this stage of the competition, the better team will win no matter where you are playing. Sacramento is a hell of a place to play because it’s just deafening to play in that arena but if we want to win the title, we can’t rely on winning at home to make it through. With that said, I am glad we do have home court as it’s always an honour to play in front of our fans.”
“Woody Hannes, ESPN.com. Coach Sit, Kevin Durant needs to play a lot better than the Warriors series if your team is to have a shot at beating the Kings. Do you agree with that and if so, do you think he will play better?”
Sit was thinking ’oh boy!’ when Hannes had finished his question and tried to be diplomatic, “Kevin is an important part of our team. He is our number one scorer and we do like to rely on him a lot. However, I don’t think we are a one man team and we surely do not need one guy to be on the ball all the time. We want the whole team to be on the ball and on the same page. He’s a competitor and if you are asking if he will play well, let me assure you that he will try his best to help us win.”
“Jennifer Corona from Press. Who is your team’s leader on the floor Coach?”
“Jason Kidd for sure. That guys is an amazing player and a terrific leader.”
Coach Sit waited for a little longer and decided it was time to close the podium interview, “Well, since there’s no more questions I guess it’s time to get back to my guys.”
He smiled and waved as everyone stood up to get leaving. Woody Hannes stopped him at the exit to the hallway.
“Coach Sit.”
Sit obliged and shook his hand, “Woody, how you doing?”
Hannes shook his head side to side and pouted his lips, “Pretty good. Look, I’m doing an article about Russell Westbrook. He says he is feeling very confident whenever he plays the Stealth. I have a feeling it’s because you are the coach who traded him away. What are your thoughts?”
Sit laughed, “Sorry mate. I don’t have time to get involved in this bullcrap.”
Sit pushed Hannes out of the way and walked towards his team.

The Kings were in the hallway and gathered in a huddle. Michael Redd, Al Jefferson, Shaquille O’Neal were the guys standing furthest out. Moses Chara was pretty much in the middle.
“We didn’t come all this way to be pushovers. Let’s show these guys that we can win on their home court and let’s go for that sweep,” Chara stated, “We know that we are the best team in the league.”
Everyone put their hands in the middle of the huddle.
“What time is it?”
“Game time!”
Everyone threw their arms in the air then began to give each other high fives before Shaq and Jefferson turned around and ran towards the tunnel that would lead to the court. The rest of the Kings followed their gregarious big men onto the floor. The Kings formed two lines to warm up with lay ups. Shaq was stretching on the sideline as Chara sided him.
“You ready big fella?”
Shaq gave him his trademark grin and said in his low voice, “This is why I became a Queen. Shaq’s going to win another ring.”
Chara pat him on the back and got into line to join the team warm up as the half empty stadium began to boo the Kings. Meanwhile, the Stealth were in the locker room with Sit giving them a final pep talk.
“Ok guys, we know the players who we can’t let have the ball. Do not let Redd shoot. Do not let Westbrook drive. And sure as hell do not give Chara any space. Let’s get the ball in Jefferson’s hands and double him. Put some pressure inside!” Sit yelled.
Kidd walked around the room at the same time and encouraged his teammates. He reached Iverson who was sitting on a giant gym ball.
“Old mate, ever been this far?”
“You must forget with age man,” Iverson rolled his eyes, “I been to the finals already.”
“Well, that was a long time ago. Enjoy it while you can.”
“For sure,” Iverson high fived Kidd.
Sit wrapped up his talk, “Ok guys, bring it in. Game 1 is here and we’re not going to let down. Let’s go out, play hard, play well. Let’s win this game! If we win, Sheed is treating us to dinner.”
Sheed jumped into the air and threw his arms up as if he was called for a foul, “Aw Coach! I’m broke!”
“Then it’s coming out of your next pay,” Sit laughed.
Everyone thanked Sheed for his generosity before converging in the middle of the room.
“Hands in everyone. Rings on three. One, two, three.”
“RINGS!”

The mood was as cold as ice in the Stealth locker room after the game. Sheed walked in with a huge grin on his face. Durant threw an empty bottle at him. Sheed ducked.
“What the hell are you smiling about?” Durant demanded to know.
Sheed was still grinning, “I don’t have to pay for dinner.”
Everyone sighed when Sheed asked the obvious, “Am I supposed to be sad here? Come on guys, cheer up. We will get them in the next game!”
The Stealth had been booed off the floor by their own fans. What made things worse was that they had just been schooled by Russell Westbrook. And now they were in a 0-1 ditch.
Coach Sit stormed into the room; he had just finished a humiliating press conference. Sit began to bellow at his team.
“We need to play a heck of a lot better if we want to win this freaking series!”
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 14: Drawing First Blood

Postby |)e8* on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Damn! Good luck winning the next few games!
|)e8*

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 14: Drawing First Blood

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Oh boy ... you actually lost. Can't believe, looking forward to the recap.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame