A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - PLAYOFF PREVIEWS, PREDICTIONS

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 am

Chapter 10

Seattle had widened the gap between themselves and the Kings and Hornets by the start of April. There were only two weeks before the playoffs would begin and the Stealth were in high spirits. The buzzer sounded and the Blazers home crowd were silent. Durant, Bogut, Iverson, Kidd, Ariza, Lee met at half court and gave each other high fives. Meanwhile, Ty was already walking towards the visiting team’s locker room. Carlos Boozer and Greg Oden looked over at midcourt and gave the Stealth a dirty stare.
“Good game,” Coach Sit shook hands with Nate McMillan in front of the scorer’s table, “Good luck with the playoff chase.”
McMillan returned the courtesy, “Good game coach.”
The two men didn’t say another word to each other as they returned to their teams in the locker rooms. Durant was being interviewed on one of the baselines by Cheryl Miller as the stadium was quickly emptying.
“Kevin, you played a great game tonight. What are your feelings on the game?”
“This is a sweet sweet victory,” Durant stated, “This is my team baby. I love it when we take down some haters. They’ve been onto us for a while but now that the tables have turned, I’m feeling great.”
Miller continued, “What’s your secret for your success Kevin? You’re still leading the league in scoring after all of these seasons?”
“You know Cheryl, I’m just one of those special players,” Durant answered, “This is my team baby and when you want to be a leader, you have to be the best. I’m one of the best in the NBA.”
Durant shoved Miller out of the way and put his index finger up in front of his face as he looked into the camera lens, “Number one baby! This is my team!”
Durant then jumped up and down on the spot and yelled at the top of his lungs. He looked around as Miller and the cameraman had both left him. Durant was being called by Sheed to return with him to the locker room.

Bogut had the ball in his hands in the low post. The starters were playing against the bench in a scrimmage to end training. Ty cut cross court and was suddenly on the ground.
“Uhh,” he groaned.
Ty had ran into Bogut’s elbows. Rocky was confronting Bogut.
“You dipshit,” Rocky was enraged, “What the fuck was that for?”
Ty’s nose was bleeding but he had already jumped up and got in between Rocky and Bogut, “Calm down. Wasn’t his fault.”
“Stand up for yourself damn it Ty!”
Ty pushed Rocky back a bit harder, “Come on man. I’m cool.”
Durant and Iverson were snickering and high fived each other. Coach Sit returned to the practice court.
“What happened here?” Sit asked.
“Someone’s blind,” Bogut laughed.
Sit looked over at Ty, “You ok mate?”
“Just a bloody nose,” Ty said.
“Get him some ice,” Sit shouted at Sheed.
Sheed pretended to be Sit and mouthed what Sit had shouted then walked out to look for a trainer. Ty and Rocky walked off to the sideline as Iverson joined the starters. Sit called Jao Wu to play with the bench team.
“Man, what’s wrong with you?” Rocky asked Ty.
Ty took a sip of water and then put a towel over his nose, “I told you man. Don’t step up for me. I’m sick and tired of this shit.”
Rocky shook his head, “I can’t see you be beat around like that man.”
“I’m just saying man, I don’t care about all this bullshit with Durant,” Ty frankly stated, “I don’t care anymore.”

“This is how you play basketball man!” Iverson yelled as he ran back down the court.
He was yelling at one of the benches, “Hey! Look at me boy! Who the man?”
Durant was laughing as he watched Iverson’s antics.
“I should be starting damn it!” Iverson was shouting at the Stealth bench.
Ty was glaring at him and shouted back, “Get fucked!”
Sit looked over at Ty and then at Iverson and shook his head. Ricky Rubio dribbled the ball up the court at full speed. Jason Kidd was struggling to keep up with him. Rubio whipped the ball to Albano Spagnoletti. Spagnoletti wasn’t watching and tripped face first onto the hardwood. Rubio yelled out in Spanish at the rookie.
Sit called a timeout.
“Why the hell were you yelling that shit before?” Sit demanded an answer from Iverson.
Iverson pushed Sit out of the way to get to the bench for a drink.
“Hey!” Sit reached out for Iverson’s shoulder, “I’m talking to you.”
Everyone watched on as Iverson quickly turned around and stepped threateningly forward into Sit’s personal space.
He grabbed Sit’s collar and said under his breath, “Don’t try that shit on me you midget.”
Kidd and Ariza separated the two of them.
“Ty, get on the court for Allen,” Sit ordered Ty.
Iverson refused to get subbed off, “God damn it. I’m on 37. Why are you taking me off?”
Sit yelled back, “That’s how I roll.”
Iverson was pointing and shouting as Coach Karl and Sheed were pulling him back to sit down on the bench. Ty returned to the floor and dunked over Spagnoletti. Sit was clapping and cheering as Iverson moped on the bench. The Stealth edged the Pacers by just a handful of points.

“We weren’t impressed with how you handled things yesterday.”
Sit was speaking to a representative of the front office, “I’m sorry.”
“You seem to have lost control of your team.”
Sit argued, “We’re playing well. These things happen when you have a lot of egos on the same team. At the end of the day, they respect and play for me.”
The rep did not look too convinced, “I know that everyone upstairs ain’t too happy with all of this. It’s bad publicity for the team. You need to pull your socks up.”
Sit wasn’t happy with the lecture, “Don’t tell me how to do my job.”
“Then you better show us you can do it.”
“You can’t get rid of me, I’m probably going to win Coach of the Year.”
“That’s why we’re giving you instructions and to keep you out of trouble.”
“You don’t need to remind me to get out of trouble,” Sit changed his tone and joked.
“Just one thing – if you can’t keep your team from their shenanigans and you don’t get back to the Western Conference Finals, you will be on thin ice.”
The rep left Sit’s office. Sit picked up the phone.
“George, can you send Allen an Reshawn in here.”
The pair walked into the office five minutes later. Both of them were wearing training singlets after being pulled from the team’s morning run. They each took a seat.
“I need you guys to cooperate. I need you guys to be on the same page as me,” Sit sighed.
Ty was nodding. Iverson folded his arms and looked the other way.
“Allen, I know you want to start,” Sit tried to reason, “But you need to understand that when you join a team and the role isn’t there for you, then you need to deal with it. You’re important to our team and I will give you minutes as you earn them.”
Iverson still ignored Sit.
Sit looked over at Ty, “Keep up the good work.”
Ty nodded and the pair of them left. Durant slipped in as the pair had gone.
“Coach, I need to talk to you.”
Sit nodded at him, “Go ahead.”
“I think we got to switch up our offence Coach.”
Sit saw straight through the suggestion, “You mean get you more shots so that you can win the scoring title?”
Durant conceded, “Yes.”
“We’ve been through this before buddy,” Sit laughed, “No can do.”

Aaron Karl darted from one of the court to the other and Rajon Rondo fell over backwards. Karl caught the ball off a pass from Trevor Ariza. In one motion, Karl turned and face the hoop and let a three point shot fly. He landed with his shooting arm extended and watched the ball drop. He looked down at Rondo who was sitting upright and shaking his head. Never one to boast, Karl felt it was the right time for an exception.
“How you feeling down there?”
Rondo glared right back.
“Got to get up!” Karl reached out to Rondo.
The Celtics got the ball back and dribbled out the clock in the embarrassing loss to the Stealth in the final regular season game of the season. The end of the game saw the Stealth players celebrating at midcourt. Win number 59. It was sweet indeed. And only a handful of days before they would face their rivals, Portland, in the first round of the playoffs.
“Good luck with the playoffs,” one of the Celtics assistants said to Sit as they shook hands.
Another congratulated Sit, “A heck of a season Coach!”
Sit smiled and thanked them for their praise. He then joined his team at midcourt. David Lee and Andrew Bogut picked him up on their shoulders as the team did a lap of honour around the court. The Stealth fans were going berserk. The crowd was waiting around to be addressed by their team. The front office wanted to cause a frenzy. As the confetti started to rain from the ceiling, one of the PR guys had brought a microphone out to midcourt. The players gathered there and by this time, Sit was on his feet again. Jason Kidd and Kevin Durant would go first before Sit would get a chance to put a wrap on the end of the regular season.
“Thank you Seattle!” Kidd announced and waved as the fans gave him their applause and enthusiastic cheers, “It’s been a wonderful season. Thank you for having us and supporting us. I’m looking forward to the playoffs. Let’s kick some ass!”
Everyone was cheering as Kidd relinquished the microphone to Durant.
“Kevin’s team! Kevin’s team! Kevin’s team!” the crowd chanted.
Durant appeared on the jumbotron and he nodded and cupped his hand up to his ear to signal the crowd to chant louder.
“What’s up everybody!”
Durant wasn’t happy with the response so he tried again, “I said... WHAT’S UP EVERYBODY?”
The fans were blowing whistles and banging drums. The chants of ‘Kevin’s team’ became boisterously loud.
“Are you ready for the playoffs?”
Everyone responded with a resounding yes. Durant paused for a moment and it became silent. He didn’t know what to say.
“I’m ready to lead my team baby!”
Durant gave the microphone to Sit and returned to the playing group behind them. He high fived Bogut, Iverson and Ariza. Sit was waiting for the crowd to quieten down after they started to go psycho as a result of Durant’s favorite line. Adrenalin pumped through his veins and he started to feel goosebumps all over. Sit was excited for the playoffs and he knew that the fans were pumped. Could this be our year? Sit thought to himself.
“We could not have had this season without you,” Sit addressed the fans, “Thank you Seattle Stealth fans. You are the best in the World!”
Sit waited for the applause and then waited for it to die down, “We have a talented talented team here in Seattle. I am privileged to be able to coach this playing group. Together, I believe we can achieve something special. I promise all of you that I will do my best to bring a title back to this city.”
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III - PREDICTIONS, Chapter 10

Postby Houndy on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:26 am

The management shit people are dumbfucks... They didn't see AI push you. Allen is an ass anyway
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby megarover on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Atlanta in 5 ( I hope we can at least win one game
Cleveland in 6 ( Any team with Lebron on it has a chance to win)
New Jersey in 7 ( I gotta believe in Melo and Barnes
Miami in 6 (Wade will probably lead them to victory)

Stealth in 4 (Do em dirty!)
New Orleans in 6( Dirk-Nash are kinda old)
Sacramento in 4(Chara is cocky but he knows how to ball)
Utah in 7(I don't know anybody on GS and any team with D-Will, JJ has a chance.)
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Clutch on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 pm

East
ATL 4-0, CLE 4-3, PHI 4-2, MIA 4-2

West
SEA 4-1, DAL 4-2, SAC 4-1, GS 4-2
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Valor on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Awesome, I hit the nail on the Iverson situation :cool:
I should get paid as an insider for the Seattle Stealth :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 pm

EAST
Atlanta in 5
Cleveland in 7
Philly in 6
Miami in 5

WEST
Seattle in 6
New Orleans in 7
Sacramento in 4
Utah in 5
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:10 pm

shadowgrin wrote:David Lee can suck Bogut's nuts. I don't want an emo attention whore like Tyson in the starting lineup if I were the coach.

Fair enough. :P Each to their own! :)

Valor wrote::lol: so does that article warrant the points? :wink: I want to add them before playoffs get underway man

The points will be added accordingly.

Houndy wrote:The management shit people are dumbfucks... They didn't see AI push you. Allen is an ass anyway

They did see it. That's why they say I've lost control of my team.

Valor wrote:Awesome, I hit the nail on the Iverson situation :cool:
I should get paid as an insider for the Seattle Stealth :lol:

Well. it is a fairly predictable storyline and Chapter 9 had aspects of it too.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Sit wrote:Well. it is a fairly predictable storyline and Chapter 9 had aspects of it too.

:wink: Yup, I had taken your story's background info into account when writing the article (Y)

PMed you with regards to how i'm gonna spend the points, minus the -10 from the last prediction game..... :-x :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Sorry, points can only be cashed in after the postseason!
Fresh8

Postby Cartar on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:03 am

East

Atlanta in 5
Cleveland in 6
Philadelphia in 6
Miami in 7

West

Seattle in 5
Dallas in 7
Sacramento in 7
Utah in 6
Cartar

Postby Alpha_ on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:45 pm

EAST
Atlanta in 5
Cleveland in 5
Philadelphia in 7
Miami in 6

WEST
Seattle in 5
New Orleans in 7
Sacramento in 5
Utah in 7
Alpha_
Night Knight

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSC FOCUS

Postby dare on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Western Conference
Seattle in 4
Sacramento in 5
Dallas in 7
Golden State in 6

Eastern Conference
Atlanta in 4
Cleveland in 6
New Jersey in 6
Milwaukee in 6
Last edited by dare on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:45 pm

If you win a title, you ride off into the sunset. If the Blazers, finally healthy, stun you in the first round, then you just get fired. Here's hoping the former happens. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Lamrock wrote:If you win a title, you ride off into the sunset. If the Blazers, finally healthy, stun you in the first round, then you just get fired. Here's hoping the former happens. (Y)

Thanks Lamrock. Judging by how Game 1 went, Blazers might indeed stun me. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Better start playing the CPU. 2K9 isn't as bad as 2K10, but I still think the core idea is to take it in every single time. ;)
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Lamrock wrote:Better start playing the CPU. 2K9 isn't as bad as 2K10, but I still think the core idea is to take it in every single time. ;)

Let's see what happens. :P

Also, it's becoming ridiculously hard for me to write KD into the story as a douchebag. But I will keep trying!

I will wait another day before posting first round because some guys have not predicted yet.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Quick question: Do you guys actually click on the 'box scores'? If not, I'm not gonna bother with them anymore.
Fresh8

Postby dare on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 pm

Sit wrote:Quick question: Do you guys actually click on the 'box scores'? If not, I'm not gonna bother with them anymore.

yes
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:58 pm

dare wrote:
Sit wrote:Quick question: Do you guys actually click on the 'box scores'? If not, I'm not gonna bother with them anymore.

yes

But do you think I could make do without them?
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Yes, but I don't bother to view them completely because of your ugly Excel formatting.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby dare on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Sit wrote:
dare wrote:

yes

But do you think I could make do without them?

Well you always put in the recap how the players do, so it's also good without them.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Aight. I won't be putting in stats anymore. :)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Sit wrote:Aight. I won't be putting in stats anymore. :)

I'm gonna miss those lovely looking Excel boxscores with colors that makes the Stealth jersey designer proud :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Nobody looks at box scores :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 pm

They take too much time. :lol:

So it's good to get rid of them.