The Comeback Code?

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

The Comeback Code?

Postby Lamrock on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:57 pm

So I've been playing my Association quite a bit lately, and I've noticed that all of the games have been extremely close. I can never seem to hang on to a lead. I turn the Clutch factor sliders on both sides to 0 and check it off, but nevertheless I miss open layups when I'm ahead.

Anyone want to shed some light on this?
Lamrock

Re: The Comeback Code?

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:03 am

i thought of this too, but then realized my players were fatigued...

I havent experienced any comeback code in 2k9 or 2k10, just remember that the 2k series has always had an issue with missed layups
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:23 am

The cpu is more aggressive in the later quarters, but I believe it's the adaptive AI. Are you changing your strategy at all? Changed your coach sliders under the D-pad menu? I always messed with those, and when I found a good one, I would stick with it and could hold them off.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:07 am

Same, what Pdub said about adaptive AI.

You could find the suitable balance between your plays and coaching sliders to prevent them from making a run or you could keep the AI guessing.

Tried an experiment where I would switch to a zone defense whenever the ball goes inside the 3-point line. The CPU took 4 consecutive bad outside shots, since it passed the ball outside when I go zone. The CPU eventually adjusted to what I did. The announcers were amusing, making it sound like the team I was playing is crazy or something for trying such a tactic.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older