NBA 2k9 WILL be on PC

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:41 am

Atleast i got an AMD athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5200+ and 4 gigs of ram. Fuck...i don't know about you guys but I got a knot in my stomach thinking about adding legends and graphics to this game. Thank god i kept my folders with hi-res pics of legends and current players I've collected over the years. Example you say?..how bout micheal jordan in hi-res...

I plan on making the definitive jordan patch using that pic providing the game is moddable ofcourse. This is just a lo-res sample pic but was ripped-off years ago by someone to make an mj patch...but hey...anyone would be welcomed to try it on 360 port. I'm sure it will look...good. :lol:

I just decided to open up photoshop..haven't touched it in years..it feels weird. Let's all hope and pray that the modding capability is on par with nba live 03/04. Now i gotta think about spending money to upgrade my power supply in my pc..then the graphics card.
:cry:
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby JWL3 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:23 am

Erchamion wrote:I hope that the fact that 2K Sports is releasing a pcversion means that
EA Sports will revolutionize their series for the pc next year because they did almost nothing the last five years.

EA lost me as a permanent customer by releasing garbage for the past 2 years and canceling 09. Guaranteed, if they had taken over 2k successfully, they would've canceled the PC version of NBA 2k9.
JWL3

Postby cocobee on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:02 am

BIG GREEN wrote:Atleast i got an AMD athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5200+ and 4 gigs of ram. Fuck...i don't know about you guys but I got a knot in my stomach thinking about adding legends and graphics to this game. Thank god i kept my folders with hi-res pics of legends and current players I've collected over the years. Example you say?..how bout micheal jordan in hi-res...

I plan on making the definitive jordan patch using that pic providing the game is moddable ofcourse. This is just a lo-res sample pic but was ripped-off years ago by someone to make an mj patch...but hey...anyone would be welcomed to try it on 360 port. I'm sure it will look...good. :lol:

I just decided to open up photoshop..haven't touched it in years..it feels weird. Let's all hope and pray that the modding capability is on par with nba live 03/04. Now i gotta think about spending money to upgrade my power supply in my pc..then the graphics card.

Man, that week after the 21rst is going to be hectic with people trying to look at graphics etc. I feel like I felt when I first discovered live 2000 pc. Good time and this forum will explode since all the best patchers go here first.

Good to see you Yohance.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby benji on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:07 am

cocobee wrote:this forum will explode since all the best patchers go here first.

Where else would they go?
benji

Postby bee-boy on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:21 am

benji wrote:
cocobee wrote:this forum will explode since all the best patchers go here first.

Where else would they go?

nbavg.org 56nba.com, bbs.cnnbalive.com. netshow forums, should i go on lol
ImageWhether you Love him or Hate him you gotta Respect him.
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby benji on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:24 am

What if they don't read Chinese?
netshow forums

A what?
nbavg.org

lol wut, gtfo with that crap.
benji

Postby joejam999 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:47 pm

I hope we can add objects to the arena's and stuff. I guess we will have to wait see what all the file types are.
joejam999

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 pm

I have a tough time figuring out what a bunch of question marks mean, myself.

As for the filetypes, I remember looking at the files from a ps2 disc of nba2k and it basically had 2-3 1GB files and just a couple smaller files that were probably system files. I'm not sure what the folder structure would look like on the 360.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby RayZLAL on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Considering it's a next game, it'll be prolly between 6GB-16GB on your HDD ;)
All the rest tryin to be best in this west but only we got the man with numba #24 on the chest!

RayZLAL

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Coyroy wrote:
Diddy wrote:but i forgot that ea bought 2k, so we can think that it's almost EA NBA live 2K9

This's a false statement.On 2008-02-24, competitor Electronic Arts launched a hostile takeover bid for Take-Two Interactive, worth around US$2 billion.The bid was extended on 2008-05-15, but expired for good on June 16. With NBA 2K8 being the best game in the history of 2K8, says Evan Conrad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2k_sports

And so much the better. No competition and no choice would have done gamers no favours.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:37 pm

cocobee wrote:
BIG GREEN wrote:Atleast i got an AMD athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5200+ and 4 gigs of ram. Fuck...i don't know about you guys but I got a knot in my stomach thinking about adding legends and graphics to this game. Thank god i kept my folders with hi-res pics of legends and current players I've collected over the years. Example you say?..how bout micheal jordan in hi-res...

Man, that week after the 21rst is going to be hectic with people trying to look at graphics etc. I feel like I felt when I first discovered live 2000 pc. Good time and this forum will explode since all the best patchers go here first.

Good to see you Yohance.

Glad to see you around in the coochie my friend... :D
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby deihatein on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:16 pm

Nice to see that 2k8 will be really going to the PC. Hope that it will be patchable and will be fun to play an association on the PC.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Nick on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:29 pm

If i can run this game on low settings, i'll be a happy man. Though i get the feeling it won't.

Man, i'm excited about playing association mode on my cpu. Updated rosters etc, man it could be fucking SWEET.

I won't see the light of day ever again.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Angelo on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:06 pm

dei. wrote:Nice to see that 2k8 will be really going to the PC. Hope that it will be patchable and will be fun to play an association on the PC.

your wrong bro it is 2k9 not 2k8 :wink:
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:43 pm

PC wrote:
dei. wrote:Nice to see that 2k8 will be really going to the PC. Hope that it will be patchable and will be fun to play an association on the PC.

your wrong bro it is 2k9 not 2k8 :wink:

O yes. Sorry about that.

Like Nick said I also like this to be in minimun settings. I wonder if this will be a DVD release?

shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby benji on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:29 pm

dei. wrote:I wonder if this will be a DVD release?

Yes, of course it will.
benji

Postby bee-boy on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:15 pm

i wonder are any pc vids promos coming out?
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby diddy on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:24 pm

not yet! keep waiting! amy be it would be 100% identical to 360 version, who knows?!
only god can judge me
My graphic thread My Recent Blog Entry
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby cj_miranda23 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:21 am

GAMEPLAY FEATURES:XBOX360

Shot Stick Advanced - The revolutionary Shot Stick control system takes it one step further, allowing you to change your shots in mid-air.

Adaptive AI - Adaptive AI will read, react, and adjust in real time to your strategies. Your teammates will initiate cuts, picks, and post-ups based on how you handle the ball, while your opponent modifies strategy to fit the pace of the game.

The Association 2.0 - The BEST just got even better. With NBA.com, you'll have access to all the latest rumors, trades, scores news stories and more, plus new features like Player Personalities, Ambitions, and Player Roles, a plethora of customizable options, and NEW mini-game drills make this is the deepest and most robust Franchise mode on the market.

PRESENTATION FEATURES

2K-HD - Drastically improved facial and skin textures, better uniforms, improved eye movement and more realistic crowd reactions bring the game alive like never before.

All-New Broadcast Team - Analyst Clark Kellogg and sideline reporter Cheryl Miller join color commentator Kevin Harlan to create one of the most knowledgeable broadcast teams in the game.

Better Replays & Cut Scenes - End each quarter with enhanced, multiple angle replay highlights, and be rewarded like never before with all-new, true-to-life celebration sequences after you capture the NBA championship.

ONLINE FEATURES

NBA 2K Online Features - 2K Sports' industry leading online service gets all-new features like 5-on-5 Multiplayer mode with Total Team Control and a new ranking system--from Bench Warmer to Rookie to Pro to Superstar--that shows you how to match up against your opponents.

2K Share - Create, upload, and share rosters, sliders, and even players created with the all-new Player DNA feature. This also includes the newly revamped Reelmaker, where you can now direct your own digital video highlight reels and post them on 2KSports.com or your personal web page for all the world to watch and admire.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES: PC
2K HD – Breathtaking action in full HD resolution brings you
radically improved facial textures and eye movement, true-to-life crowd
reactions and celebration sequences, and much more.

Styles Upon Styles – New Signature Defensive Styles and
more Signature Shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE
distinctive player styles.

Adaptive AI – Now your teammates and your opponents read,
react, and adjust in real time to match your gameplay strategies.

The Association 2.0 - All-new NBA.com interface, Player
Ambitions, Player Scouting, and more options for the casual player make
this the most robust Franchise mode ever.

even though both have almost the same feature but there description is different, why is it??

ur thoughts about this :!: :idea:
cj_miranda23

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:55 am

even though both have almost the same feature but there description is different, why is it??

Take Two's marketing department, heh.

Well, it isn't any worse than EA advertising Own the Paint and Quick Strike ball handling in 08's PC version last year. They were only on the 360/ps3 versions.

I'm pretty sure the online features like 2k share and possibly 5-on-5 multiplayer won't be on the pc version. Ofcourse we don't really need 2kshare with the PC. I would expect the shot stick advanced to be in it, though.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cj_miranda23 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:27 am

Pdub wrote: I'm pretty sure the online features like 2k share and possibly 5-on-5 multiplayer won't be on the pc version. Ofcourse we don't really need 2kshare with the PC. I would expect the shot stick advanced to be in it, though.

DAMNNNN... ONLINE 5-on-5 will not be included :cry:

about shot-stick, this would be possible if yur ussing any kind of gamepad right?

and also about ISOMOTION CONTROLS, is this possible to keyboard :lol:
cj_miranda23

Postby JWL3 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:58 am

I can't believe that 2k is releasing the Next Gen version for only $19.99! That's amazing. I'd happily have paid the standard $39.99. Not only are they outdoing EA on the Next Gen thing, they're charging HALF!

Thanks 2K!
JWL3

Postby kusogaki on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:59 am

well then

i'll need a PC joystick with analog more than ever now =))
kusogaki

Postby el badman on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:01 am

I've never played any NBA 2K games, so I hope it won't just be eye candy, but will be pleasant to play as well. That isomotion thingy sounds like a lot of getting used to...
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby bee-boy on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:02 am

my xbox 360 controller should work wonders with it
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older