Keeping it Alive[18-11](Celtics Association)| HELL YEAAAAAAH

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Keeping it Alive [6-2] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Kevin on Sat May 31, 2014 7:08 pm

Magic fall to Celtics; 100-115

The Celtics sure wanted to redeem themselves after their lose against Miami. The Orlando Magic never led by as much as one point against the Boston Celtics in tonight’s game while the Celtics lead by as many as 17 points.

The Celtics was led by star point guard, Rajon Rondo who had 20 points, 4 steals and 14 assists. Rondo also had a good shooting night. He shot 4-4 beyond the arc and 8-13 from the field. But it wasn’t all Rondo’s showing but also Jerryd Bayless’ 10 points and 3 blocks that clearly gave them an advantage.

Meanwhile, the Magic had their worst start in this season. They only had 17 points in the 1st quarter and were always turning the ball over.

It was a neck and neck battle going to the fourth quarter where the Magic put on a 12-2 run but was stopped by Rondo who took charge after he was subbed in.

Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics was awarded the Player of the Game Award.

Player of the Game: Rajon Rondo
Leader:
Rebounds: K.O’Quinn (13)
Assists: R.Rondo (14)
Steals: R.Rondo (4)
Blocks: V.Faverani (5)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [6-2] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Kevin on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:08 pm

If any of you guys are wondering why I'm still not posting games, I've been down with the flu and I can't realy do much. Anyways, I think I'll just do a Monthly Recap and abandon the Weekly Recap cause its really frustrating when you forget to take pictures of the standings etc.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [4-0] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Archone on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:30 am

Boogie Smooth wrote:I'n my Association it's usually the other way around and the Clippers sign that greek dude while the Magic sign Mirotic and he just goes crazy for like 19-21 ppg.

It's the players tendencies. You can change the tendencies in "Edit Player". Lower all the score-related values, and Mirotic will not put up as many points!
Archone

Postby Kevin on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 am

Archone wrote:
Boogie Smooth wrote:I'n my Association it's usually the other way around and the Clippers sign that greek dude while the Magic sign Mirotic and he just goes crazy for like 19-21 ppg.

It's the players tendencies. You can change the tendencies in "Edit Player". Lower all the score-related values, and Mirotic will not put up as many points!
I'll keep that in mind too :wink:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [6-2] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| ANOUNCEMENTS

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Simulated Game: Boston Celtics @ Minnesota Timberwolves
Celitcs ride Green's 23-point performance versus Wolves; 107-103

The Celtics win a close one as they only won by 4. Celtics were destroyed by Minnesota's points in the paint (56-36) but Minnesota was outrebounded with a margin of 10 in the boards.

Timberwolves also had a rough time shooting the ball beyond the arc with only 26% shooting while the Celtics had 47%. Boston also managed to hit 24 of their 28 shots in the line, making 86% from it.

Celitcs relied on Jeff Green's 23-point performance who was unstoppable in mid range. The Celtics bench also gave some big productions with a total of 48 bench points.

The Timberwolves' terrible shooting caught up to them. Kevin Love had 26 points and 10 rebounds, a double-double while shooting only 2-7 from the three-point line while Kevin Martin had 20 points in 0-5 shooting beyond the arc.

Jeff Green earned the Player of the Game award with a stat line of 23 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal.

Leader:
Rebounds: K.Love & J.Sullinger (10)
Assists: R.Rubio (9)
Steals: G.Wallace & R.Rondo (3)
Blocks: K.Love (2)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [8-3] (A Celtics Association) BIG TRADE!

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:07 pm

Simulated Game: Charlotte @ Boston

Jefferson carry Bobcats versus Celtics in thriller; 69-66

The Bobcats led by 11 points in the early going but a 28-point 3rd quarter for the Celtics changed the atmosphere of the 4th quarter. By then, it was a tie ball game and it seemed like nobody was hitting their shots for both teams.

After 3 minutes of no scoring, the Bobcats went on a decisive 12-0 run led by their star center Al Jefferson that definitely stunned the Celtics. What's fascinating about the Bobcats' win was that they didn't have a single block in the whole game but still managed to outrebound and outplay them in the paint and post

The Celtics were without their starting center Kelly Olynyk and Joel Anthony.

Boston fought back in the closing minutes but it seemed like there was no stopping Al Jefferson in the paint who had 24 points and 8 rebounds.

Player of the Game: Al Jefferson
Leader:
Rebounds: A.Jefferson (8)
Assists: R.Rondo (8)
Steals: R.Rondo (2)
Blocks: K. Humphries (2)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Bradley comes up big for Celtics; 115-114

Portland was leading by 5 points in the fourth with a missed free-throw from Lillard but Celtics’ Bradley and Rondo combo came up big as they erased the 5-point deficit and cut it to 2 points with only 3.1s remaining.

You can see the desperation from Coach Stevens face when he called for their last timeout. The Celtics were planning on who would advance the ball and take the possible game-winning shot and they picked Avery Bradley.

Bradley at that time shot 2-2 beyond the arc and was the defensive anchor for the Celtics.

With only 3.1s remaining, Faverani inbounded the ball to Bradley who made some dribble moves and finally shot a three-pointer with 1.6s remaining which sealed the game.

The Trailblazers were down the whole 1st half but got on a 10-0 run going in the fourth quarter.

Portland was led by Rookie C.J. McCollum who had 31 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. He was also accompanied by Lamarcus Aldridge who had 22 points and 13 rebounds.

Meanwhile, the Celtics’ Jeff Green had a career night as he posted 30 points and 4 rebounds with 5-9 shooting from the three-point line.

Also one of the top performers tonight is Rajon Rondo who had 23 points and 7 rebounds but only shot 0-6 from downtown.

Final Score: 114-115
Leader:
Rebounds: L. Aldridge (13)
Assists: D. Lillard & R. Rondo (7)
Steals: R. Rondo (5)
Blocks: J. Sullinger (5)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:10 am

Just to give you guys a heads up, the save file got corrupted but good thing was I had a backup. :D just,letting you guys know
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [8-3] (A Celtics Association)| Good bye Joel Anthony!

Postby Kevin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Celtics trade away Joel Anthony and Chris Babb to Mavs; get Vince Carter and Gal Mekel in return

Boston has made their first trade this season, acquiring Vince Carter and 2 1st round picks and Gal Mekel from the Mavericks for Joel Anthony, Chris Babb, and a 1st round pick.

Shortly after getting acquired, Gal Mekel was then placed in the waivers.

When the General Manager of the Celtics was asked with this quick move, he said that it would definitely be better for a young player like Gal Mekel to be in a team that needs him most.

The Celtics was also able to acquire a current and a future draft pick from the Mavs. It would definitely help them with rebuilding their team this off season.

Boston is also giving their trust to veteran player Vince Carter to help them rebuild the team. Carter, who won a championship in Dallas is said to be the starting for the Celtics with Jeff Green sliding to P. Forward position and Sullinger at the 5.

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [8-3] (A Celtics Association)| Good bye Joel Anthony!

Postby Kevin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:20 pm

What do you guys think of the trade? I know I should've traded for Humphries but the Mavs wouldnt really click with me so I tried others.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [9-3] (A Celtics Association)| Good bye Joel Anthony!

Postby Kevin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Green's big shot put Rockets to misery; 159-156

The Boston Celtics were able to pull away in the closing seconds of overtime as they defeat Houston 159-156. Celtics’ all-around defense killed Houston’s offense down the stretch where the Rockets committed a total of 4 turnovers in 3 minutes. But the game was still tied with only 17s remaining, 156-156. The Celtics first went to Rondo to drive to the lane but it seemed too impossible as Dwight was too much of a beast in defense so Rondo passed it to Jeff Green who then shot the ball with only 1.2s remaining and got the ball to go to the ring to get away with the win.

It was a very close game between the two teams as they traded shots the whole game. The game had a total of 28 lead changes and 12 ties.

The Celtics should’ve won the game in the fourth quarter but a questionable play by Wallace sent the ball to the back court and with only 0.9s remaining, was picked up by Dwight Howard who then threw it from half-court and was able to knock it down, sending the game to overtime.

Boston also shot better in the field with 65 percent compared to Houston’s 58%. Houston also struggled beyond the arc as they only shot 36% while Boston shot more than half of their shots with 58%.

Boston’s newly acquired player, Vince Carter is showing the young players how to take the game to the next level. Carter had 23 points and 6 assists while shooting 5-8 from downtown. He was in foul trouble in the 1st quarter, picking up 3 early fouls and needed to be subbed out. Carter fouled out in the 4th quarter with only 5:26 remaining,

The Celtics were pretty much outrebounded, 31-46 and they only had 56 points in the paint while the Rockets had 100.

The Rockets defeat spoiled Howard’s 28-20 (points-rebounds) stat line and he also recorded his first three-point shot this season when he forced the game to overtime. Howard was also unfazed by the Hack-A-Dwight as he converted 5 of his 8 free throws. But we shouldn’t forget about James Harden who had 48 points and 10 assists but had a bad shooting night beyond the arc, he only shot 1-4.

Although the Celtics were propelled by Green’s amazing shot to beat the buzzer, it was Rondo who carried his team for the win. Rondo had 45 points, a career high while still having 14 assists. Bradley came second in scoring as he scored 32 points and 12 assists with 7-10 clip from downtown.

Leader:
Rebounds: D. Howard (20)
Assists: R. Rondo (14)
Steals: J. Lin & A. Bradley (5)
Blocks: J. Sullinger (3)

Photos:
(Photo: Jeff Green shoots the game-winner)
(Photo: Jeff Green and Rajon Rondo celebrate after hitting the game-winning shot)
(Photo: Jeremy Lin was devastated on their loss)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [9-3] (A Celtics Association)| TRADE!

Postby Kevin on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:08 pm

After that game, I've simulated about 10 games to see how my team would compete with bigger teams.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [9-3] (A Celtics Association)| TRADE!

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Simulated Games:
@Spurs L 85-95
Duncan and Leonard propel Spurs past Celtics

The Spurs led by as much as 15 points and completely blew out the Celtics in tonight’s game.

Tim Duncan and Kawhi Leonard both scored 19 points for their team and were seemingly unstoppable pulling down rebounds.

Meanwhile, the Celtics relied on Jeff Green and Vince Carter’s hot shooting night beyond the arc. They made a total of 8 3-pointers with only 11 tries.

Player of the Game: Tim Duncan
Leader:
Rebounds: J.Sullinger (10)
Assists: T.Parker (7)
Steals: R.Rondo (3)
Blocks: T.Duncan (3)

Vs. Pacers W 88-82
Bradley carry Celtics past Pacers

Avery Bradley, who only shot 4-11 from the field, carried the Celtics to a win as they defeat the Pacers tonight.

The Boston led by 8 in the 1st quarter but saw it slowly disappear in the second quarter where the Pacers got on a run that put them up by 16.

Both teams had problems putting the ball to the basket specially shooting it beyond the arc. The Pacers’ shooting percentage from downtown was only 14% with their 2-14 shooting while the Celtics’ percentage was higher, 27% in 6-22 shooting.

They also struggled shooting in mid-range and even in the paint. The Pacers’ percentage was slightly higher than the Celtics, they shot the ball 39% while the Celtics only shot 38%.

Although both teams were shooting badly, it was the free throws that changed the outcome of the game. The Pacers shot a total of 31 free throws while Celtics shot 37.

Indiana’s top performer was Evan Turner who had 18 points but shot 0-5 from downtown. Indiana was without superstar Paul George who had an injury earlier. Notably, Roy Hibbert only had 4 points in 2-13 shooting while Lance Stephenson only had 3, all of his points was from the free throws.

Boston’s Avery Bradley led the team in scoring as he had 18 points and is the only player that played tonight to have more than 50% shooting beyond the arc.

Player of the Game: Avery Bradley
Leader:
Rebounds: E. Turner (12)
Assists: L. Stephenson (7)
Steals: C. J. Watson (3)
Blocks: J. Green (4)

@Atlanta W 106-82
Celtics cruise past Atlanta

Vince Carter started out hot for Boston as he had 24 points and 9 rebounds. He shot the ball extremely well, shooting it 4-5 from downtown and a total of 9-14 in the field. Also, Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo led the whole game in rebounds as he had 13 rebounds and 10 points.

Atlanta seemed to have struggled shooting the ball from outside as they only shot 15% (3-20) while the Celtics shot 53% (8-15).

Atlanta was also outrebounded by the Celtics as they only had 37 rebounds while the Celtics had 53.

Player of the Game: Vince Carter
Leader:
Rebounds: R. Rondo (13)
Assists: L. Williams (6)
Steals: L. Williams (3)
Blocks: V. Faverani (3)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [11-4] (A Celtics Association)| Trade!| Updated 1st post

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:41 pm

I've updated the first post with the recent trades and have added a terribly edited picture of Vince Carter in a Celtics uniform :P :P
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:52 pm

@Charlotte L 75-89
Charlotte crush Celtics; Take 2-0 lead in season series

Player of the Game: Kemba Walker
Leader:
Rebounds: V. Faverani (11)
Assists: R. Rondo (8)
Steals: R. Rondo (3)
Blocks: M. Kidd-Gilchrist

Vs. Memphis W 112-110
Green’s 24 just enough to squeeze through Grizzlies

Player of the Game: Jeff Green
Leader:
Rebounds: Z. Randolph (11)
Assists: M. Conley (13)
Steals: M. Conley (2)
Blocks: J. Green (3)

Vs. Cleveland W 104-95
Celtics hot shooting night destroy Cavs

The Cavaliers didn’t stand a chance against the Celtics.

Cleveland shot a total percentage of 17% from downtown, clearly struggling putting the ball through the basket. Even though they were struggling shooting the ball in the field, they tried to make-do of it in the free throw line where they shot 29 of their 34 attempts.

The Cavaliers also committed a total of 17 turnovers compared to Boston’s 7.

The Celtics rode Green’s 22-point performance and also had some production from Vince Carter who had 15 and Rondo who had 14 and 6 assists.

Meanwhile, the Cavs’ Kyrie Irving had 21 points but shot 0-5 from downtown and a total of 9-22 in the field.

The only 2 players that made a shot beyond the arc are Luol Deng and Anthony Bennett.

Player of the Game: Jeff Green
Leader:
Rebounds: A. Varejao & B. Bass (9)
Assists: K. Irving (7)
Steals: J. Green (3)
Blocks: T. Thompson (2)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:53 pm

I'm really sorry if the other games dont have informations/reports. :oops:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [4-0] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Archone wrote:

Holy mother of god. Mirotic in my association had a season high 52 points :shock: . I was actually surprised because his shot tendency is 99, even higher than Kobe
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Archone on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 am

KevinParker13 wrote:
Archone wrote:

Holy mother of god. Mirotic in my association had a season high 52 points :shock: . I was actually surprised because his shot tendency is 99, even higher than Kobe

Haha, yes. I think Mirotic averages 0.5 assists in 37.5 MPG in my Association. I was a lucky guy signing him in free agency.
Archone

Re: Keeping it Alive [13-5] (A Celtics Association)| Trade!| Updated 1st post

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 pm

So guys, (If any of you are reading this) I just got home from the hospital so I'll be posting the monthly recap after I wake up.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [13-5] (A Celtics Association)| Trade!| Updated 1st post

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:54 pm

EAST STANDINGS

WEST STANDINGS
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [13-5] (A Celtics Association)|MONTHLY RECAAAAP!

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:55 pm

MONTHLY RECORDS RECAP:
In the East, it has been a very good season for the Pacers as they are currently leading the East and the NBA in the team standings with a team record of 18-3. Meanwhile, the biggest story for this season is the Bobcats. Their record right now is 15-5, a very shocking result comparing to last year. They currently sit in the second spot in the NBA while the defending Champions, the Miami Heat are not looking good as they are now 13-8 and have been on a losing skid in the past 4 games.

Our Boston Celtics meanwhile sit at the 3rd spot in the East with a legit record of 14-7, an improvement from last year’s team. The Celtics is spearheaded by their OWN big three, consisting of Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley and the veteran Vince Carter. Vince has been solid in the starting lineup, averaging 13 points per game in 50% shooting in the field and 45% from downtown. He has been consistent shooting the three and helping younger players in the team to know the game better.

Meanwhile in the wild Wild West, it has been the Splash Brothers that’s been wreaking havoc. The Warriors currently sit atop the Western Conference and second in the NBA power rankings. They currently have a 15-6 record. The Rockets has also improved prior to last season as they currently host a 15-7 record, tying the Warriors in wins but sadly had a 1 lose disadvantage. Other notable team mentions are the Clippers who are plagued by injuries and the Mavericks, whom after losing Vince Carter went on a 7-game losing streak which led them to the bottom of the NBA and the West with a gruesome 6-15 record.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Players of the MONTH:
East:
LeBron James
West:
Kevin Durant

REPORT:

Our players of the Month are none other than LeBron James and Kevin Durant.

Both have been fantastic in helping and contributing to their teams to win games.

We all know that this is going to happen soon, two players with almost the same talent, battling for their team’s success and succeeding in the process.

James averages 27 points per game, 6 rpg and 6 apg with a 50% shooting percentage in the field but is only shooting at around 28% beyond the arc.

Meanwhile, Durant has been a beast so far this season. He averages 27 points per game, doing that while shooting at about 51% in the field and 50% beyond the 3-point line. He also averages a total of 7 rebounds and 5 assists per game. He has been that type of leader that wants to contribute to his team in every way, let it be scoring, rebounding or passing.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Injuries:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Trades and Signings UPDATE:

REPORT:

We currently have 5 transactions this month, ranging from signings to trades.

The Orlando Magic made an early move and signed Kostas Papanikolauo who hasn't still contributed to the team. The Clippers however, found a hidden talent among unkown player, Nikola Mirotic. Nikola is currently holding the most points scored record this season with 52 but has been shooting unresponsibely in the field.

Meanwhile, the Mavericks prolonged Dirk Nowitzki's stay in Dallas as they sign offered him a 2year/$15.77M deal in November 14, probably sending a message that Dirk is going to finish his basketball days in Dallas.

Our Boston Celtics meanwhile made a trade which sent Joel Anthony, Chris Babb and a 2nd round to Dallas in exchange for Vince Carter, Gal Mekel and 2 1st round picks, overall a very good exchange.

Also, the Sacramento Kings made a move and sent Reggie Evans packing to go to Charlotte in exchange of Anthony Tolliver, a solid forward.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:16 pm

ALL-STAR VOTES:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood