Were any of you aware...

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

Were any of you aware...

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:57 am

That you could change your in-game resolution via hwconfig in your documents/cscripts folder? I decided I would try and see what would happen when I changed values in the feconfig too. I have some screenshots which support my claim, I am pleased to have seen little to no stretching in my chosen resolution: 1280 x 768 :D

I just thought I'd show this, in case anyone's bored of playing in 1024x768 or something. The pause menu has some distortions, I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt(K)

Re: Were any of you aware...

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:23 am

Well, I decided to lower the resolution to 1280 x 720. I personally prefer this resolution over the former, I see less rough edges or I'm just used to Live 08 in 720p. I have provided some screenshots (720p) to provide further preview for the effects in-game. The in-game pause screen is still distorted badly, though you should be able to access buttons on the screen. :| The original quality of these images have been reduced, probably by changing the format so I could upload it.

Without the ENB Series and Effect.

With the ENB Series and Effect.

1024x768 The resolution I was using earlier, I also had a rather funny encounter when performing the free-style moves. #12 got mixed up, lol.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 am

I have a feeling we messed around with a few things like that back in the day, but it's knowledge that's been lost over time so good looking out. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:28 am

Ah thanks, I'm looking around for a fix for the pause menu screen. Like the other live games the true (in-game) resolution isn't used I don't think until you're actually in the game. So it doesn't distort when you first start it up, if I or someone can edit the size or layout of the pause menu it would look better.

PS: I've also been trying to fix a problem with a player in the screenshots. #7 Sherman Lange, the guy on the left (white & blue) in the practice court with #21 Peter Stanton; for some reason whenever I try to edit his accessories in edit-player they do not show up. He is supposed to have a sleeve and a knee pad on, but they appear to be invisible. All of the other players are okay, but oddly he is not.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Perhaps an issue with his skin textures?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:54 am

I'm not entirely certain, I've looked into the render folder for anything that may have modified him. "SHLANGE" should be what it's called, but my search for it has not been successful. He's a computer generated player, who I drafted in 2003 in franchise mode (I have a copy that I converted to a regular roster). I had actually thought about releasing a set of my franchise rosters too, they are legitimate with no modding other than editing player's accessories to my likening.

I have some more screenshots, I'm comparing the enb with saturated colors and the one without. Both look pretty good to me, I think I'll release the non-saturated version as well - with the saturated I already have.

Without color saturation and the absence of bloom being enabled via enbseries.ini configuration (effect.txt might override this).

With color saturation and bloom enabled (default).
I had to do it again, managed to trigger misdirection with the Cavs star point guard (My Franchise Rosters). This last one is the same as the first.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 am

If he's generated then he shouldn't have a custom skin texture, so that wouldn't be it then. Weird.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am

Hmm, I believe I had the tru11 mod installed which may have included some skin textures in the xplrcmn folder (skin05, skin15, skin25). I'm not sure what gives, because if they have that effect on him then it should on everyone else. I also have a plrcmn.fsh in that folder as well, I'll remove those 3 files and run the game without and see.

EDIT: I have removed the 3 skin textures and his accessories have mysteriously reappeared. I'm not sure why this was the problem, I'm not sure if all 3 of them were causing it or just and individual one. I'll have to test further to find out, oh I digged through my downloads and the skin textures came from the TRU11 mod. It's a pity, I think those textures looked pretty nice compared to the vanilla EA ones.

EDIT2: I have determined it must have been the skin05.fsh that was causing the problem. I have removed only it, and kept the other two in place. His accessories still appear, and I don't notice any defects to other players. Perhaps this is solved, though I'm still baffled as to why a skin texture which I assume goes to all players only affected him.

Screenshots:

The only thing that remains to bug me is the astounding difficulty to perform the "killer" crossover with the right analog stick, I've had no success when attempting it.
Killer Crossover Quickly Tap RIGHT, LEFT - Right Handed
Killer Crossover Quickly Tap LEFT, RIGHT - Left Handed
I must not be tap'n quick enough, I can never get that animation to occur.
Cpt(K)

Return to NBA Live 2003