NBA 2K24 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

NBA 2K24 Bug Reports

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:20 pm

NBA 2K24 Bug Reports

This is our official bug report topic for NBA 2K24. Post any technical issues you're having with the game, and we'll do our best to shoot the feedback along to the development team. Please keep all posts constructive, civil, and on-topic. It's also best to be as detailed as possible. Here's a template to help you add all of the relevant information:

Code: Select all
[b]Platform (PC/PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X):[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]The bug/problem:[/b]

[b]Any other details that might help:[/b]

Details such as error messages, what you were doing when the bug occurred (in case there are specific steps or scenarios to recreating it), and any other information will better help the developers track down and resolve issues.

Also, a few things to keep in mind...

What IS a bug

A mode or feature that isn't working as intended. This includes issues such as game crashes, data not saving (or being suddenly erased), non-functioning menus, weird behaviour and glitches during gameplay, and the like.

What ISN'T a bug

Anything that's working as intended, but you simply don't like or agree with. This includes player ratings that you disagree with, a feature you don't care for, an outdated face/hairstyle, and so forth. That's all valid feedback, but they aren't bugs, so they don't belong in this topic. Feel free to post them in other topics discussing feedback about NBA 2K24.

No Mod-Related Bug Reports

This is for bugs that are related to the game itself, not any community-made mods. If you need help with a mod, ask the person who made it. If you're experiencing crashes or glitches after installing mods, then troubleshoot the mod itself. Don't report it as a bug here.

No Help with Pirated Copies

We don't supported pirated games here, and if you're having problems with a pirated game...well, you get what you paid for! If you ask for help with a pirated copy, or post a bug report that reveals you pirated the game, it's grounds for an immediate ban. That rule's been in effect for well over a decade here at the NLSC, so don't say you weren't forewarned.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K24 Bug Reports

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:25 pm

The latest patch for PlayStation 5 is causing me some headaches. A quick glance elsewhere suggests I'm not alone, and it might be affecting Xbox Series X as well. Here's the issue...

Platform (PC/PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X): PlayStation 5

Game Mode: Any traditional 5v5 gameplay with four quarters

The bug/problem: As of Patch 1.2, early in the fourth quarter, the game completely crashes my PlayStation 5, switching it off. This is happening consistently, but doesn't seem to affect modes without quarters (e.g. Triple Threat Offline in MyTEAM).

Any other details that might help: I'm using the disc version of the game, with a launch PS5. I've ensured that it isn't dusty or overheating. To that end, I've tried out other games and played them for hours without issues. Only NBA 2K24 (and only post-Patch 1.2) is completely crashing my console.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dyopopoy on Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:56 am

Playing PC/Steam, after the Season 2 patch update, when navigating through the Menus using the keyboard, 'double pressing' is happening.
Like when pressing 3 to go back, it will go back to previous menu and select right away where the pointer is at.
In gameplay, just pressing number 3 to go back will cause the game to quit.
Huge bug after the update. Happens when using the keyboard primarily.
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby dante24 on Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:59 am

[b]Platform (PC Steam)

[b]Game Mode: N/A

[b]The bug/problem: Game doesn't launch (link opens up to 2k support website nothing works there)

[b]Any other details that might help:

AMD FX(tm)-8350
16GB RAM
RX 580 8GB
Directx 12 (I wonder if this is the issue?)
dante24

Postby Centre on Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:10 am

Platform: PC (Steam)

Game Mode: MyTeam

The bug/problem: XP and MT progress not displayed in game when player position is locked

Yesterday I bought NBA 2K24. And there is a huge bug in the game. In every match in MyTeam where I lock the position, XP and MT points not count property.
In the upper right corner it usually shows how many MT points you received after each action: scoring, rebounding, passing, stealing, etc. But when i played whith locked position MT points progress not displayed.
Also, the MT points progress is not displayed at the end of the game when calculating the total MT points for the game. When calculating the results, only MT points for the opponent’s difficulty and the score difference are counts. The total number of MT points earned per match is displayed as 0-20 points instead of the required 300-800.
XP progress is also much lower, about three times.
This happens in all MyTeam events: Clutch Time, Triple Threat, Domination, Challenges.

P. S. I hope for help, because with such a bug the game loses all sense.
Centre

Postby MChamma16 on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:13 pm

Can’t Upgrade Attributes in my career
It’ll let me move them and the cost will be 0 VC but it says failed to upgrade when I try to do it

PS4
MChamma16

Postby haltingband on Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:13 pm

MChamma16 wrote:Can’t Upgrade Attributes in my career
Itmario games’ll let me move them and the cost will be 0 VC but it says failed to upgrade when I try to do it

PS4

Exactly. I thought my version was corrupted so I was the only one with this error. I tried to upgrade last week but couldn't upgrade successfully so I got frustrated and stopped playing. :roll:
haltingband

Postby A_Jm93 on Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:15 am

Platform: PS5

Game Mode: MyNBA/MyLeague

The bug/problem: Some player's career stats from past season(s) are false. Some player's ages also freeze after so many seasons.

These issues have been ongoing since at least 2K22, I thought it might've just been a PC issue because I'd switched to PC from 2K20 but I have 2K24 on the PS5 and the issue remains. Basically, if you pick a player, fictional or otherwise and look back on their career, at least ONE season's information will be false, e.g. looking at a player who played his entire career for the Lakers, who I've been controlling the whole time, and it's now the 2040s, looking at his stats through the past seasons, I hit the 33-34 season and it randomly says he played for the Timberwolves that season and his stats are significantly lower in all categories. I know that's not the actual case. I don't know whether it effects the career stats overall or not but it's definitely irritating. It happens with a fair few players, especially if they're fictional and have had lengthy careers.

Also an issue for just as long, random created players' ages will randomly freeze at some point. Like, I'll find a player who's played for 16 seasons but it says he's 24 and I know he was between 18 and 21 when drafted. So I have to manually edit the age.

Nothing game breaking but for immersion and possibly effecting the stats, annoying and frustrating.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A_Jm93

Return to NBA 2K24