Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 6.0)

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 6.0)

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:38 am

Here is the official information, feedback, and discussion thread for the official patches for NBA 2K24 Current Gen (PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One). The latest patch for NBA 2K24 Current Gen is Patch 6.0. If you're looking for the Next Gen patch notes, they can be found here.

NBA 2K24 Patch 6.0

Release Dates

PC: April 5th, 2024
PlayStation 4: April 1st, 2024
Xbox One: April 1st, 2024

Patch Notes

• Prepares the game for Season 6 in MyTEAM and MyCAREER.

NBA 2K24 Patch 5.0

Release Dates

PC: February 23rd, 2024
PlayStation 4: February 13th, 2024
Xbox One: February 13th, 2024

Patch Notes

• Prepares the game for Season 5 in MyTEAM and MyCAREER.

NBA 2K24 Patch 4.0

Release Dates

PC: January 12th, 2024
PlayStation 4: January 10th, 2024
Xbox One: January 10th, 2024

Patch Notes

• Prepares the game for Season 4 in MyTEAM and MyCAREER.

NBA 2K24 Patch 3.0

Release Dates

PC: December 1st, 2023
PlayStation 4: November 27th, 2023
Xbox One: November 27th, 2023

Patch Notes

GENERAL

• Preparations for NBA 2K24 Season 3, launching on Friday, December 1st, at 8AM PT/11AM ET/4PM BST.
GAMEPLAY

• Better shot coverage detection for OPEN vs. WIDE OPEN
  • Fixed an issue where there was sometimes unexpectedly high defensive coverage with dunks and layups
MyCAREER

• Fixed an issue where the save sometimes shows the OVR as 98 instead of 99
  • Fixed a rare crash when entering the ball trail menu
  • Fixed an issue when equipping headphones while wearing specific clothing combinations would cause the player to turn invisible
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to rotate their player when trying on clothing in shops
  • Fixed multiple clothing and shoe related issues
  • Fixed an issue where face paint would not display properly on players using face scan data
MyTEAM

• Various improvements and updates have been made to menus throughout MyTEAM
  • Substituted players will now properly receive active Coach Boosts
  • Addressed an issue preventing certain Coach Boosts from triggering in a valid situation
  • Fixed rare situations where the in-game Agenda Tracker would not accurately report current progress
  • In Clutch Time, fixed an issue that would cause the next game played to not count
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur during Triple Threat Challenge gameplay
  • Ensured the correct shoe is applied to a Player Card when multiple of the same Shoe Card is owned
OTHER

• Numerous other minor fixes and improvements to enhance the overall NBA 2K24 experience.

NBA 2K24 Patch 2.0

Release Dates

PC: October 20th, 2023
PlayStation 4: October 10th, 2023
Xbox One: October 10th, 2023

Patch Notes

• Prepares the game for Season 2 in MyTEAM and MyCAREER.

NBA 2K24 Patch 1.2

Release Dates

PC: September 18th, 2023
PlayStation 4: September 14th, 2023
Xbox One: September 14th, 2023

Patch Notes

MyCAREER/QUESTS/RIVALS

• On Court accessories should now properly display in Away games in MyCAREER.
  • Fixed an issue where players would receive an error code when attempting to complete quests in the "Tour De Force" quest line. Players should now be able to receive the rewards correctly.
  • The Celtics Hardwood banner rewarded from the '64-'65 Boston Celtics Rivals match will now display correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where quest bars would incorrectly show the same progress when scrolling through the quest menu.
MyTEAM

• Fixed a crash that could occur when transitioning from the Compare Player screen to flipping the coach card.
  • Player images should now be seen on the Clutch Time and the Clutch Time Online home screens after winning a Clutch Time Online game.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD

• Adjusted the Season XP post-game reward to properly adjust with Teammate Grade.
  • Fixed a rare issue where a player could become stuck in 1v1 Ante-Up games.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when exiting the MyTEAM theater in the Galleria.
  • Several improvements in players' appearances in the Neighborhood when viewed at a distance.
CLOTHING

• Blazers should now appear when equipped.
  • Resolved an issue where multiple NBA and WNBA jerseys would appear as brown shirts when viewed/equipped.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a player's torso to appear invisible when equipping a short-sleeved compression shirt with a jacket.
  • Fixed an issue where undershirts could appear as brown shirts to other players.
  • The waist and neck submenus now display correctly in the clothing menu.
MAMBA MOMENTS

• Resolved an issue where the introduction overlay would not disappear if the user paused the game during the introduction.

NBA 2K24 Patch 1.1

Release Dates

PC: September 8th, 2023
PlayStation 4: September 8th, 2023
Xbox One: September 8th, 2023

Patch Notes

• Day 1 patch, no detailed notes
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.2)

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Details on the latest patch.

NBA 2K24 Patch 1.2

Release Dates

PC: September 18th, 2023
PlayStation 4: September 14th, 2023
Xbox One: September 14th, 2023

Patch Notes

MyCAREER/QUESTS/RIVALS

• On Court accessories should now properly display in Away games in MyCAREER.
  • Fixed an issue where players would receive an error code when attempting to complete quests in the "Tour De Force" quest line. Players should now be able to receive the rewards correctly.
  • The Celtics Hardwood banner rewarded from the '64-'65 Boston Celtics Rivals match will now display correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where quest bars would incorrectly show the same progress when scrolling through the quest menu.
MyTEAM

• Fixed a crash that could occur when transitioning from the Compare Player screen to flipping the coach card.
  • Player images should now be seen on the Clutch Time and the Clutch Time Online home screens after winning a Clutch Time Online game.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD

• Adjusted the Season XP post-game reward to properly adjust with Teammate Grade.
  • Fixed a rare issue where a player could become stuck in 1v1 Ante-Up games.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when exiting the MyTEAM theater in the Galleria.
  • Several improvements in players' appearances in the Neighborhood when viewed at a distance.
CLOTHING

• Blazers should now appear when equipped.
  • Resolved an issue where multiple NBA and WNBA jerseys would appear as brown shirts when viewed/equipped.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a player's torso to appear invisible when equipping a short-sleeved compression shirt with a jacket.
  • Fixed an issue where undershirts could appear as brown shirts to other players.
  • The waist and neck submenus now display correctly in the clothing menu.
MAMBA MOMENTS

• Resolved an issue where the introduction overlay would not disappear if the user paused the game during the introduction.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 3.0)

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:06 pm

The Season 3 is patch is out now for PS4 and X1. With Season 3 tipping off this Friday, the PC patch should be out by then as well.

NBA 2K24 Patch 3.0

Release Dates

PC: TBA, 2023
PlayStation 4: November 27th, 2023
Xbox One: November 27th, 2023

Patch Notes

GENERAL

• Preparations for NBA 2K24 Season 3, launching on Friday, December 1st, at 8AM PT/11AM ET/4PM BST.
GAMEPLAY

• Better shot coverage detection for OPEN vs. WIDE OPEN
  • Fixed an issue where there was sometimes unexpectedly high defensive coverage with dunks and layups
MyCAREER

• Fixed an issue where the save sometimes shows the OVR as 98 instead of 99
  • Fixed a rare crash when entering the ball trail menu
  • Fixed an issue when equipping headphones while wearing specific clothing combinations would cause the player to turn invisible
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to rotate their player when trying on clothing in shops
  • Fixed multiple clothing and shoe related issues
  • Fixed an issue where face paint would not display properly on players using face scan data
MyTEAM

• Various improvements and updates have been made to menus throughout MyTEAM
  • Substituted players will now properly receive active Coach Boosts
  • Addressed an issue preventing certain Coach Boosts from triggering in a valid situation
  • Fixed rare situations where the in-game Agenda Tracker would not accurately report current progress
  • In Clutch Time, fixed an issue that would cause the next game played to not count
  • Fixed a rare hang that could occur during Triple Threat Challenge gameplay
  • Ensured the correct shoe is applied to a Player Card when multiple of the same Shoe Card is owned
OTHER

• Numerous other minor fixes and improvements to enhance the overall NBA 2K24 experience.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:06 am

The Season 3 patch is also out now on PC.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby IlCapitano on Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:28 pm

does Start Today work for anyone?

When I press Start Today it just gives me a window that says "Unavailable" and that's it. Doesn't say anything else, I can use all other online features, I removed the NBA Hook completely, updated the game to date, but it doesn't allow me to use Start Today
IlCapitano

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:42 pm

Season 4 patch is out now for PC, PS4, and X1. No detailed notes again, unfortunately.

IlCapitano wrote:does Start Today work for anyone?

When I press Start Today it just gives me a window that says "Unavailable" and that's it. Doesn't say anything else, I can use all other online features, I removed the NBA Hook completely, updated the game to date, but it doesn't allow me to use Start Today

I need to check (I haven't fired up the game since the latest patch), but it's possibly buggy/broken from 2K's end. I know it works fine in the PS5/XSX version, but it's one of the things that's been neglected in prior gen. Same goes for the uninjured version of the official roster the last few years, actually. It's painfully obvious that it's an afterthought at this point, sadly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby User_Name on Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:13 pm

Andrew wrote:
I need to check (I haven't fired up the game since the latest patch), but it's possibly buggy/broken from 2K's end. I know it works fine in the PS5/XSX version, but it's one of the things that's been neglected in prior gen. Same goes for the uninjured version of the official roster the last few years, actually. It's painfully obvious that it's an afterthought at this point, sadly.

It's most likely broken due to the In-Season tourney: since there is no support for it in the PC version (and hence, the game can't account for the Lakers and Pacers playing their 83rd game i.e. the final), Start Today becomes unusable.
User_Name

Re: Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 4.0)

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:00 am

Ah, good thinking! That's probably what's happened; most unfortunate.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 5.0)

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:52 am

As you've probably seen, the Season 5 patch is out now for PC, PS4, and X1. 2K are still being unclear with the patch notes for the prior gen consoles and PC port (i.e. they may or may not be the same as the Season 5 Patch Notes for PS5 and XSX), but if nothing else, we know that it prepared the game for Season 5 in MyTEAM and MyCAREER, which tipped off last Friday.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 6.0)

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:25 pm

The Season 6 patch has now come through on PC, PS4, and X1. Once again, no confirmed notes for this version, but if nothing else it updates the game for Season 6 in MyCAREER and MyTEAM.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Current Gen Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 6.0)

Postby aguifs on Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:40 pm

I had an annoying stuttering. Now it's gone.
aguifs

Return to NBA 2K24