NBA 2K24 First Impressions + Legacy Issues that can be easily resolved.

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

NBA 2K24 First Impressions + Legacy Issues that can be easily resolved.

Postby bigE819 on Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:43 am

Coming to you from New Zealand, I've been both impressed and slightly disappointed so far in NBA 2K24 for Current Gen (Xbox Series X).

The LeBron Era Roster
This roster seems to have a decent amount of work gone into it, shoes on almost every player, mostly correct attributes, etc.

Issues: LeBron wearing wrong shoes, Chris Bosh listed as Center not Power Forward, Phil Jackson not running the Triangle AND having a 14 Triangle Rating, Boston Celtics have incorrect court, Sixers also have incorrect court.

Appreciated Fixes
2016 Cavs Black Sleeve Uniform was added (as well as some 2015 era alternates-many with sleeves), PlayNow Eras allows for Custom Roster, new 1973 Knicks Floor

Legacy Issues
Incorrect shoes on a ton of historic players, and more 2K generics than last year. NO 2010 era Lakers in base roster!! Current Lakers Home defaults to White and road defaults to Gold (When it should be Gold, Purple), no carry over of older Nike Uniforms (Can we please get the whole catalog of Nike uniforms, they're all scanned in!). Playoff Mode doesn't allow Custom Roster (IT DID in 2K17!). No new Blacktop court (players still in shirts) however the fans courtside are a great addition!.

Missing Court:
2014 Pacers, 2013 Grizzlies, 2012 Thunder, 2006 Grizzlies, 1987 Lakers floor doesn't say Forum in the middle, while 71 and 91 do.

Missing Uniforms:
2019 Raptors 'North' Alternate that they won the title in, 2016 Cavs Blue 'Cavs' uniform that were their Road Playoff Uniforms from 2015-2017, 2013 Heat have incorrect Away Uniform it should be Black AND say ‘Miami’, 2011 Mavericks Away Uniform defaults to the Alternate.

Misc.
Tiago Splitter for the 2014 Spurs is wearing 42 instead of 22, Joel Anthony for the 2013 Heat is missing despite his appearance in the LeBron Era roster. JJ Barea for the 2011 Mavericks should be wearing 11 not 5. Some players lost hairstyle: LeBron lost his shorter beard. Create a court seems to be broken when removing color from FT arc, doesn’t show the floor texture.
Last edited by bigE819 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigE819

Re: NBA 2K24 First Impressions + Legacy Issues that can be easily resolved.

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:12 pm

Those oversights definitely detract from the quality of MyNBA Eras. As someone who made unofficial roster updates for years, I can appreciate that mistakes happen, especially with so many players to keep track of. However, there are historical players that have been in the game for years that have had plenty of time to be fixed, and accuracy is part of the draw of MyNBA Eras, so it's a shame there's still a lack of attention to detail. Not altogether surprising, though.

I'm also not surprised to hear that the 2010 Lakers are exclusive to Mamba Moments, especially after how they handled some of the extra teams in NBA 2K23's iteration of the Jordan Challenge. Still a shame to have that suspicion confirmed, of course.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dshay7 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:25 am

How does it PLAY? That’s what I’m curious about, especially before I consider purchasing. Does the new pro play enhance the actual gameplay or just the visuals? Are all the player models still rail thin?
dshay7

Postby bigE819 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:34 am

dshay7 wrote:How does it PLAY? That’s what I’m curious about, especially before I consider purchasing. Does the new pro play enhance the actual gameplay or just the visuals? Are all the player models still rail thin?

Shooting is terrible right now. I’ve played 5 games with the 2011 Heat and we’re shooting like 10% from 3, and the opponents shoot like 20% from 3. And I’m a person who stopped playing 2K23 because beyond HOF sliders weren’t working for me (I was hitting every open 3 no matter what and no contested shots).

But it shows potential. Movement is INFINITELY better.
bigE819

Postby Notforkids on Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:58 am

They even don't care about making new scoreboard. And of course net and basket model that is not changing for 10 years...so why should we buy this parody?
Notforkids

Postby nextnba on Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:36 pm

Put in 6 hours and so far not much different from 2k23. Pre-game and half time show are essentially the same. Commentary isn’t noticeably different. Graphic is similar. Other than a roster update, not much change. The game play is slightly better but still not much defense. Even on HOF, ur able to just dribble pass ur defender and score at the rim at will. Not point to even run a play. Just pass it to ur best player and accelerate to the rim and score every time. Speed is still broken. When u load up the game speed is normal but once u get a few games in, the speed breaks and speed goes very fast, allowing u to just accelerate and score at will. Same issues as 2k23.
nextnba

Postby pistonnation on Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:43 pm

Yes, thank you for everyone's input. I am VERY curious to how the game feels as compared to 2K23. Graphics, I don't really care about. I want to know if the gameplay is smoother, better animations, stuff like that. I have played 2K23 alot and have a great feel for the game's mechanics etc. HOW is 2K24's FEEL on court as compared to 2K23?
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:54 pm

nextnba wrote:Put in 6 hours and so far not much different from 2k23. Pre-game and half time show are essentially the same. Commentary isn’t noticeably different. Graphic is similar. Other than a roster update, not much change. The game play is slightly better but still not much defense. Even on HOF, ur able to just dribble pass ur defender and score at the rim at will. Not point to even run a play. Just pass it to ur best player and accelerate to the rim and score every time. Speed is still broken. When u load up the game speed is normal but once u get a few games in, the speed breaks and speed goes very fast, allowing u to just accelerate and score at will. Same issues as 2k23.

Not enough for me to drop $70 bones on it at this time. I'll just rock with 2K23 with updated rosters, and wait until the end of the year when they discount it. Also hear a roster editor won't be developed for it, so the more reason to stick with 2K23.
Uncle Drew

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:56 pm

Okay, I have an unforgivable gripe with this game. :lol:
There are only 7 Kobe challenges. For real though, having one extra challenge would've been much better - 8 games. Rewards at 8 and 24 stars (and 16, but best I could figure out is that he retired in 2016).
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Return to NBA 2K24