NBA 2K24 WILL BE OLD-GEN ON PC ONCE AGAIN!

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

NBA 2K24 WILL BE OLD-GEN ON PC ONCE AGAIN!

Postby Mahmood on Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:20 pm

For the third year in a row, NBA2K left PC users in the dust. I genuinely do not know what to say at this point and any excitement I had for the game is gone. Just a massive shame and a total loss of potential for all involved. Let's see if the FAQ tomorrow gives us any news as to when the PC port is coming or if it's the same copy/paste paragraph.

Source: [2KINTEL | Twitter]
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Re: NBA 2K24 WILL BE OLD-GEN ON PC ONCE AGAIN!

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:25 pm

I guess the silver lining - as it has been the past few years - is that there will at least be a PC version, and that existing modding tools and techniques will likely be more easily and readily adaptable. Still, one can't help but wonder if/when the PC will be getting a PS5/XSX port.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby vetmin on Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:16 pm

Andrew wrote:I guess the silver lining - as it has been the past few years - is that there will at least be a PC version, and that existing modding tools and techniques will likely be more easily and readily adaptable. Still, one can't help but wonder if/when the PC will be getting a PS5/XSX port.

I was planning to stay on 2K23 regardless so it’ll indeed be a big silver lining for me if 2K24 cyberfaces work on 2K23, but the reason I planned to stay on 2K23 is because I’d rather play fully modded old-gen than lightly (if at all) modded new-gen, assuming that’ll be the case for year 1 of new-gen on PC. I’d rather skip the year 1 growing pains, so I guess I’ll be on 2K23 until 2K26 at the earliest now…
vetmin

Postby goma76 on Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:25 pm

We should have a next gen version when the old consolle will be totally out of the market. At that point they don't call next/old gen anymore if inly one NBA2K version will planned.

This year (again) I'm guessing what we are going to lose in term of new gameplay feature, IA, etc. IMHO is not only graphics comparison.

That ProPlay feature was mentioned only for PS5/SeriesX and if its confirmed this could be the major lack to complain.
goma76

Postby blackthorne2001 on Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:02 pm

i don't know what to say about this FIFA,Madden, even WWE is current gen on PC but this f***ng NBA2k is still old gen.
blackthorne2001

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:11 pm

this is a fucking disgrace
sticky-fingers

Postby trekfan1013 on Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:34 pm

At this point, the lack of Next-Gen on PC is a deliberate choice. It's not because of capabilities -- PC gamers are getting Starfield, the revamped Cyberpunk (via the Phantom Liberty expansion), next-gen Madden, next-gen FIFA, all the Call of Duties, Baldur's Gate 3, and more.

Yet 2K refuses to put NBA 2K on PC. I'm wondering if we're headed for an extinction event for PC NBA2Ks -- once they kill off the PS4 and Xbone versions of the game, will PC be dead too?

Regardless, the modding community will continue to make 2K greater than anything the console guys can do.
trekfan1013

Postby Dmayne on Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:22 pm

I actually thought they would give PC current gen this year since they had 3-4 years to port it over...

I just don't understand why 2k is doing this to their PC customers? Do they not realize every year they pull this crap they lose a handful of pc players? Does the current gen console exclusive checks they get from ms and ps really make up the difference?

PC players seem to be stuck with last gen version as long as last gen copies are made and released... I just can't come up with a reason other than greed. Does 2k, microsoft, and playstation really think that we'll forget about our $1200 pcs and instead buy $600 consoles just to play this game?

I will never buy another console, I don't play nba 2k online, I don't play myteam, I will never purchase vc... Can I just have current gen pc offline version that can be freely modded?

I miss the time when I was a dumb kid and would get the game for free, while having a keylogger in the exe.. The good ol' days.
Dmayne

Postby jmmontoro on Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:24 am

Accidental double post.
Last edited by jmmontoro on Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmmontoro

Postby jmmontoro on Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:30 am

I expected nothing yet they managed to disappoint.
They also make it confusing on purpose, the pre order page suggests all platforms are equal with only crossplay explained to be new gen. The text from OP is not present anywhere yet. Anniversary edition is for Steam, PS5 and XSX apparently. SteamDB here
jmmontoro

Postby trekfan1013 on Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:51 am

jmmontoro wrote:I expected nothing yet they managed to disappoint.
They also make it confusing on purpose, the pre order page suggests all platforms are equal with only crossplay explained to be new gen. The text from OP is not present anywhere yet. Anniversary edition is for Steam, PS5 and XSX apparently. SteamDB here

Yeah, that's something I noticed. The FAQ page is very light on details, the various pre-order pages aren't clear on what version has what, and all of it seems very deliberate. Even more reason not to buy 24 -- the scummy practices of purposefully confusing customers seems to be in full bloom.
trekfan1013

Postby adamcoolawesome on Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:03 am

This game will probably be around 200+GB in size which is almost as big as RDR2 and GTA V combined for a basketball sports game, and about 150 GB of this game will be for WNBA which is shoved in the players face when 99% only want the NBA video game. If the WNBA is so important why not release it as a separate game? Then to simply enjoy MyCareer you'll have to empty your wallet just to be a decent overall, as grinding MyCareer will take real life weeks or months to get anywhere as you get like 750 VC a game if your lucky. And even if you spend the bare minimum on VC, your players looks + attributes will be very barebones as in game costs have skyrocketed since 2K17, a game from 2016 unless you want to pay $100+ for VC. And then if the build you make isn't good you are out of luck as you won't get a refund and you'll have to spend another $100 dollars for a build that's actually good. And when you actually get to play MyCareer you'll be required to follow a cringe storyline, run around a boring empty city that's full of ads, and do TikTok dances with drag queens everywhere as quests instead of making a storyline about being an NBA player. And to top it all off if you don't own a current gen console but you have a PC that is more powerful than current gen consoles, your out of luck as 2K isn't putting current gen versions on PC but instead the last gen version which is a copy and paste from 2K20 a game from 2019. And then to market cross play like its some new concept is even more hilarious as other games have had crossplay for years, like Fortnite, a game from 2017 when 2K should of had this in 2K19 or 20 heck even 18.
adamcoolawesome

Postby User_Name on Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:20 am

So, a few thoughts about this whole thing which was sadly really, really likely to happen, once again:

There are a few reasons why 2K hasn't managed to give PC users the next-gen edition for the fourth (?) year running:

- The online PC community is full of cheaters: anyone who has spent even 10 mins on the boat or whatever the hell 2K feels like giving us knows very well what I'm talking about: 10 foot giants with spaghetti arms roam the streets together with 100+ OVR players that just dunk on you in every play. This is also the reason why many console users ridicule the PC modding community (and because obviously they can't tell the difference between hacking and modding lol) and together with cost concerns, why crossplay was likely never an option for last gen.

- The game is easily pirated: I won't get into the specifics for obvious reasons, but NBA2K is one of the few AAA sports titles that can be easily found in "the high seas" hours after its yearly release. A mere look at various mod sites, where people are constantly asking for "SYNC.BIN" and "offline versions", can show that a lot of people are pirating the game each year, further alienating 2K. Every other "next gen" sports game, from FIFA to F1 to Madden, boasts the Denuvo DRM software, which makes said games really, really difficult to pirate - 2K doesn't.

- The user base is lagging behind when it comes to hardware: as far as I can tell, a relatively substantial amount of players have been playing 2K14 for years now, not only because of its insane moddability but also because they lack the hardware to run later titles - ditto for 2K20, which was the last game playable on non-AVX supporting CPU's. With CPU and GPU prices climbing along the past few years, there is a real chance that the available player base might be quite smaller than the existing ones when (or if?) 2K decides to make the jump.

I also have seen a lot of people saying that the user base on next-gen consoles is many times higher than the one on PC, but I couldn't find any stats to support this opinion. Nonetheless, unless the player count explodes on PC (and with an unchanged 60€ price tag on what will essentially be the same game, that seems unlikely) the only way that will make the transition to next-gen come true is via 2K's good will, and nothing more.
User_Name

Postby jmmontoro on Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:36 am

User_Name wrote:The online PC community is full of cheaters

Anti cheat.

User_Name wrote:The game is easily pirated

DRM.

User_Name wrote:The user base is lagging behind when it comes to hardware

See other new gen sports games on PC.

2K is just lazy and doesn't care about anything that means investing.
jmmontoro

Postby Hadley88 on Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:40 am

User_Name wrote:So, a few thoughts about this whole thing which was sadly really, really likely to happen, once again:

There are a few reasons why 2K hasn't managed to give PC users the next-gen edition for the fourth (?) year running:

- The online PC community is full of cheaters: anyone who has spent even 10 mins on the boat or whatever the hell 2K feels like giving us knows very well what I'm talking about: 10 foot giants with spaghetti arms roam the streets together with 100+ OVR players that just dunk on you in every play. This is also the reason why many console users ridicule the PC modding community (and because obviously they can't tell the difference between hacking and modding lol) and together with cost concerns, why crossplay was likely never an option for last gen.

- The game is easily pirated: I won't get into the specifics for obvious reasons, but NBA2K is one of the few AAA sports titles that can be easily found in "the high seas" hours after its yearly release. A mere look at various mod sites, where people are constantly asking for "SYNC.BIN" and "offline versions", can show that a lot of people are pirating the game each year, further alienating 2K. Every other "next gen" sports game, from FIFA to F1 to Madden, boasts the Denuvo DRM software, which makes said games really, really difficult to pirate - 2K doesn't.

- The user base is lagging behind when it comes to hardware: as far as I can tell, a relatively substantial amount of players have been playing 2K14 for years now, not only because of its insane moddability but also because they lack the hardware to run later titles - ditto for 2K20, which was the last game playable on non-AVX supporting CPU's. With CPU and GPU prices climbing along the past few years, there is a real chance that the available player base might be quite smaller than the existing ones when (or if?) 2K decides to make the jump.

I also have seen a lot of people saying that the user base on next-gen consoles is many times higher than the one on PC, but I couldn't find any stats to support this opinion. Nonetheless, unless the player count explodes on PC (and with an unchanged 60€ price tag on what will essentially be the same game, that seems unlikely) the only way that will make the transition to next-gen come true is via 2K's good will, and nothing more.

How much does TakeTwo pay you to spew out bullshit like that?

But that retarded logic no Game would ever release on PC.

Cyberpunk has fucking Path-Tracing, that basically requires at least a 4080 to run well... so since most people dont have that, that means you can't release it on PC, huh?

If there were just a System where people can change how the Game looks depending on their Hardware...

And the reason why people pirate this Game is mostly because its TRASH! I dont fucking pay 60€ for a shitty Database update every Year. I bought NBA2K every Year from 2K9 to 2K18, since then never again.
Hadley88

Postby User_Name on Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:44 am

Hadley88 wrote:But that retarded logic no Game would ever release on PC.

Cyberpunk has fucking Path-Tracing, that basically requires at least a 4080 to run well... so since most people dont have that, that means you can't release it on PC, huh?

Cyberpunk is a game which from Day 1 has been optimized for PC first, consoles later. Next-gen 2Kxx when (if) it gets released on PC will need to be ported from the console version, with all that entails for the myriad combinations of hardware and so on. It's much, much easier to go from a complex situation (PC gaming) to a more simple one (every Xbox and PS console has the same architecture), rather than the other way around. So, your argument is largely irrelevant. Plus, sports titles are in part catering to a casual audience, and are bought by people who might not have high-end or even mid-range PC's and just want to play every other weekend with their friends.
(Also, Cyberpunk needs a 780 to run at minimum specs. You judge a game's playability from its minimum requirements, not its high-end features.)

On topic tho, I personally was locked out of newer 2K's until last year because I didn't have an AVX-supporting CPU - I know at least three people that still play 2K14 because they have much older PC's that they can't really begin to upgrade. Where I live (and in many, many more places around the globe) the cost of a mid-range machine is way too heavy compared to the average salary. You'd really think that a large multinational corp. like 2K wouldn't take that into consideration? Even at its inflated price tag, 60€ is a much lower amount than the 550-700€ needed in order to substantially upgrade your machine.

Hadley88 wrote:And the reason why people pirate this Game is mostly because its TRASH! I dont fucking pay 60€ for a shitty Database update every Year. I bought NBA2K every Year from 2K9 to 2K18, since then never again.

Colorful language aside, I agree that the price is way too high for what is relatively minimum effort spent between releases.

However, you seem to be missing a quite large point...

Hadley88 wrote:How much does TakeTwo pay you to spew out bullshit like that?

...that I speak from what I believe is the POV of 2K, not on behalf of 2K or in favor of 2K. Yes, I would absolutely love it if the people responsible for this had your point of view as well and we would then have an amazing, ultra modded Eras mode on PC with all the other goodies that exist on the next-gen version, but unfortunately the head honchos @ 2K don't care about anything other than pure, cold profitability, and the amount of money and resources a new-gen PC version entails clearly does not tick any boxes they might have in order to do so.
User_Name

Postby jmmontoro on Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:44 am

2K is not looking in expanding the brand, they're specifically focusing on the american market, anywhere else is just a consequence of releasing the game. They mixed AAA, P2W and F2P and convinced people that it's bad to miss out. They created a whole culture based on hating brown shirts so you would spend real money on swagger, now everything on the game costs extra money. But it's still the only basketball game on the market.
jmmontoro

Postby BlazerGun1 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:32 am

User_Name wrote:So, a few thoughts about this whole thing which was sadly really, really likely to happen, once again:

A. damn, why is that? I wonder what companies do to PREVENT hackers from taking over their game? sheesh if there was only a way. also, idk where u see console players ridiculing the modding community - it's pretty much the one and only advantage the PC version has over console and they will admit it.

B. Again, game is easily pirated because 2k allow it to be that way (not to mention I can't blame people who pirate a game which after 2 years basically not worth playing anymore ) and even those games who pride themselves with their way to prevent it - still get pirated eventually in a few months (most of them ) - that's something every gaming company takes into account and 2k could've decided fuck it I will make it harder or just won't release it - not to mention if someone goes into the length of pirating a game like nba2k which the online features of it affects pretty much every mode in this game means that they never had the intention to not pirate it. 2k games offline are garbage.

C. THE most ridiculous point - user base is lagging behind when it comes to hardware? are u being serious right now? did u check ACTUAL steam player base stats or just decided because u have some buddies that u know who play 2k14 ( I wonder why they released 2k15 next gen to PC when ur buddies decided to play 2k14 with their shitty rigs ) that this is the truth for everyone? most popular GPU on steam is between GTX 1650 and RTX 3060 ( and those who come behind it are still fairly strong ), 16GB ram ( and there are currently even more people with 32gb ram than 8gb ) and fairly ok CPUs (doesn't really mention which and it only takes into account Intel CPUs ) and if we use anecdotes already then I suggest u to take a look around the forum or subreddits and see how many people upgraded their PC just so they could run next gen when it will come out to PC. so overall I would say that the average steam user can run next gen games and if they can't it's mostly because of bad optimization from companies who don't give a fuck. I just wonder what even made u think that when 2k already made the decision to give next gen versions to the PC back when 2k15 was released and u could've made the same arguments that u do now for that. also, I love how u just ignore the fact EA already released next gen features to PC and Madden gonna join them as well.

personally for me, I don't give a fuck about all the graphics or how sweaty the players look when they play ( and lets be honest - the game on next gen doesn't even look that much better - if u wanna see a big change look at the transition from 2K13 to 2k14 ) all I actually care about are the modes and features that come with the next gen version like MyEra which there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to not release it to old gen versions other than to not expose how mediocre the supposidly 'next gen' version is and to just shit on older generation players. They even have the audacity to release it on full $60 price.

also just notice how most of your reasons are just ones that fall in the responsibility of 2k to take care of.

P.S : just wanted to add that right now there are 43k players on steam right now playing NBA2K23 - now even if you'll try to attribute it to the summer sale ( which is very likely one of the reasons ) I still don't remember that while playing it the number count gone under 30,000 - it's literally one of the most popular games on steam despite the bad reviews, old gen features and etc'.
BlazerGun1

Postby User_Name on Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:40 am

BlazerGun1 wrote:
A. damn, why is that? I wonder what companies do to PREVENT hackers from taking over their game? sheesh if there was only a way. also, idk where u see console players ridiculing the modding community - it's pretty much the one and only advantage the PC version has over console and they will admit it.

I literally said that every other sports game on the market has a pretty effective DRM (for example, the last cracked FIFA game was 19), and 2K simply does not want to pay for it when it comes to PC. Also, just check out the twitter threads of several pages/people who announced their displeasure on PC being old-gen once again: in just a few mins of scrolling, I've seen near to a dozen messages of people saying, among other things, how modders are d*** riding 2K (no, really) and are basically a front for hacking (which doesn't make sense obv.)

BlazerGun1 wrote:also just notice how most of your reasons are just ones that fall in the responsibility of 2k to take care of.

I think I have made it extremely clear that for likely financial reasons 2K simply does not want to care about PC - if they did, they would just pay the 25.000$ per month that Denuvo DRM costs (which is absolutely peanuts for a company of this stature), thus solving most if not all of the pirating/cheating problems, and would also move some of their workforce in order to accommodate the transition to new-gen. Instead, they have outsourced the development - more like maintenance - of the current-gen versions to a third party, which speaks volumes really.

With the exception of hardware concerns (which I concur might be a bit overblown on my part), of course every other thing I mentioned falls under 2K's responsibility - that's the whole point - and they just don't want to give the platform any attention. If that continues, they either decide to do so in the next couple of years, or they do exactly what EA did back in 2008 citing "serious business challenges" and just pull the plug. And unfortunately, unlike then (when 2K came to the rescue), we PC gamers might be left with exactly zero current basketball games.
User_Name

Postby vetmin on Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:49 am

User_Name wrote:
BlazerGun1 wrote:

I literally said that every other sports game on the market has a pretty effective DRM (for example, the last cracked FIFA game was 19), and 2K simply does not want to pay for it when it comes to PC. Also, just check out the twitter threads of several pages/people who announced their displeasure on PC being old-gen once again: in just a few mins of scrolling, I've seen near to a dozen messages of people saying, among other things, how modders are d*** riding 2K (no, really) and are basically a front for hacking (which doesn't make sense obv.)

BlazerGun1 wrote:also just notice how most of your reasons are just ones that fall in the responsibility of 2k to take care of.

I think I have made it extremely clear that for likely financial reasons 2K simply does not want to care about PC - if they did, they would just pay the 25.000$ per month that Denuvo DRM costs (which is absolutely peanuts for a company of this stature), thus solving most if not all of the pirating/cheating problems, and would also move some of their workforce in order to accommodate the transition to new-gen. Instead, they have outsourced the development - more like maintenance - of the current-gen versions to a third party, which speaks volumes really.

With the exception of hardware concerns (which I concur might be a bit overblown on my part), of course every other thing I mentioned falls under 2K's responsibility - that's the whole point - and they just don't want to give the platform any attention. If that continues, they either decide to do so in the next couple of years, or they do exactly what EA did back in 2008 citing "serious business challenges" and just pull the plug. And unfortunately, unlike then (when 2K came to the rescue), we PC gamers might be left with exactly zero current basketball games.

To second what you're saying somewhat, I posted this on IG but I think it's relevant here:

From a soulless capitalist perspective, it would be a wise long-term move to discontinue the PC game. They’ll lose $ from sales for a few years as people feel happy just staying on the modded version of the last PC 2K, but eventually even the vanilla console versions of the new games will outpace the old modded game. For instance if 2K14 was the last PC installment, I’d have a PS5 / XSX right now playing 2K23 on console. I’d hate if they did this, but it’s possible they might.
vetmin

Postby BlazerGun1 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:54 am

User_Name wrote:
BlazerGun1 wrote:

I have no idea why they do that - but I can tell that it doesn't make any logical sense - they literally released WWE2K23 with Next Gen and there is no other sport game that is on PC which doesn't have Next Gen. Financial reasons is bullshit since they already done it in the past and they even do that today to lesser popular games on PC. and if it's really about financial reasons - how a greedy company like EA releases Next Gen games (some are less popular than NBA2K like Madden ) and don't worry at all about their profit? we all agree here that 2k doesn't give a fuck about our community - what we trying to say is that all of the reasons they might try to give for why ( hackers,hardware, low count of player ) is just a bunch of bullshit they either make up or they are the ones who cause it.

P.S.: just for comparison - currently WWE2K23 have around 1K players playing it on steam - 20 times less than NBA2K23 right now - yet this game got a Next Gen version on PC but NBA2K doesn't?? you see why it doesn't make any sense at all? there is no way this game is more profitable than NBA2K and that's when I can tell u there are a bunch of guys who quit playing 2k so just imagine how many players would've played if they ACTUALLY gave a fuck.
BlazerGun1

Postby KyotoCarl on Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:44 pm

adamcoolawesome wrote:This game will probably be around 200+GB in size which is almost as big as RDR2 and GTA V combined for a basketball sports game, and about 150 GB of this game will be for WNBA which is shoved in the players face when 99% only want the NBA video game. If the WNBA is so important why not release it as a separate game? Then to simply enjoy MyCareer you'll have to empty your wallet just to be a decent overall, as grinding MyCareer will take real life weeks or months to get anywhere as you get like 750 VC a game if your lucky. And even if you spend the bare minimum on VC, your players looks + attributes will be very barebones as in game costs have skyrocketed since 2K17, a game from 2016 unless you want to pay $100+ for VC. And then if the build you make isn't good you are out of luck as you won't get a refund and you'll have to spend another $100 dollars for a build that's actually good. And when you actually get to play MyCareer you'll be required to follow a cringe storyline, run around a boring empty city that's full of ads, and do TikTok dances with drag queens everywhere as quests instead of making a storyline about being an NBA player. And to top it all off if you don't own a current gen console but you have a PC that is more powerful than current gen consoles, your out of luck as 2K isn't putting current gen versions on PC but instead the last gen version which is a copy and paste from 2K20 a game from 2019. And then to market cross play like its some new concept is even more hilarious as other games have had crossplay for years, like Fortnite, a game from 2017 when 2K should of had this in 2K19 or 20 heck even 18.

Why are you making false claims? What's your source that the game is going to be 200gb plus? 2K23 wasn't that.
Why are you saying the WNBA part takes up 75% of the game size when it clearly doesn't? And why do you care so much? Just don't play it instead.
KyotoCarl

Postby clutchcity1994-1995 on Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:08 am

The only way I buy this is they add the myeras features, which probably won't happen.
clutchcity1994-1995

Postby adamcoolawesome on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:14 am

KyotoCarl wrote:
adamcoolawesome wrote:This game will probably be around 200+GB in size which is almost as big as RDR2 and GTA V combined for a basketball sports game, and about 150 GB of this game will be for WNBA which is shoved in the players face when 99% only want the NBA video game. If the WNBA is so important why not release it as a separate game? Then to simply enjoy MyCareer you'll have to empty your wallet just to be a decent overall, as grinding MyCareer will take real life weeks or months to get anywhere as you get like 750 VC a game if your lucky. And even if you spend the bare minimum on VC, your players looks + attributes will be very barebones as in game costs have skyrocketed since 2K17, a game from 2016 unless you want to pay $100+ for VC. And then if the build you make isn't good you are out of luck as you won't get a refund and you'll have to spend another $100 dollars for a build that's actually good. And when you actually get to play MyCareer you'll be required to follow a cringe storyline, run around a boring empty city that's full of ads, and do TikTok dances with drag queens everywhere as quests instead of making a storyline about being an NBA player. And to top it all off if you don't own a current gen console but you have a PC that is more powerful than current gen consoles, your out of luck as 2K isn't putting current gen versions on PC but instead the last gen version which is a copy and paste from 2K20 a game from 2019. And then to market cross play like its some new concept is even more hilarious as other games have had crossplay for years, like Fortnite, a game from 2017 when 2K should of had this in 2K19 or 20 heck even 18.

Why are you making false claims? What's your source that the game is going to be 200gb plus? 2K23 wasn't that.
Why are you saying the WNBA part takes up 75% of the game size when it clearly doesn't? And why do you care so much? Just don't play it instead.

Well considering 2K23 next gen was 170 gb its safe to assume the games going to be at least that and probably more since they’re adding more stuff to it and its only gone up in file size since 2k14 which was only like 40gb on ps4/xb1. I think its silly that a sports game should be that big, not everyone has good internet so downloading the game could take people days to download. Plus people who have the Series S, wont have much freedom for other games unless they buy a hard drive. Thats why they just need to get rid of the WNBA either by A. Making it a dlc download that you can choose to not install or B. make it there own base game.(WNBA2K24) Idk how much it would save in file size but they get a whole mycareer thing and rosters/jerseys/logos/cyberfaces so anything helps. Also getting rid of the city and bringing back parks would help but I highly doubt they will do that.
adamcoolawesome

Postby gyozalee on Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:26 pm

modded 2K23 in PC looks significantly better than PS5/XB1 2K23, do you agree?

to be honest, I don't even know what is the difference between modded current-gen 2K23 in PC vs 2K23 in next-gen consoles. I am being genuine here. Do you folks know what the difference? any gameplay difference? Graphics (faces) definitely look better in modded current-gen, no?
gyozalee

Next

Return to NBA 2K24