Using Different Hair and Facial Hair Textures on a Cyberface?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Using Different Hair and Facial Hair Textures on a Cyberface?

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am

I've seen this topic be discussed in passing on the forums, but I haven't see a specific example of how to do it. It's one of the last things I feel I haven't been able to do when modding NBA 2k20.

Basically I want to be able to mix a hair style from one player with a beard style from another. By default, NBA 2k20 combines the facial hair and regular hair texture with the hair_color dds file. I have to either choose the file associated with the head hair OR the facial hair, leaving one of them glitched-looking.

I know it's possible to do this, but like I said, I haven't seen a tutorial that made total sense exactly what I needed to do so the game reads a hair_color file for head and another for the facial hair.

For example, I'm way overdue for updating Jaylen Brown's likeness to include the braids. I'd want to keep the beard texture as is, but add the hair of someone like Dave East (6466)

Can anyone help me with this and ideally provide me screenshots/specific steps I need to take? Thank you!
Thunder Shaq

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding