NBA 2K11 Demo Released: Impressions

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Re: NBA 2K11 Demo Released: Impressions

Postby J@3 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm never having any of these issues in 2K10 you guys speak of. Not sure why.
J@3

Postby Jackal on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:52 pm

Me neither.

Oh wait, I still play 2k9. I still like it though.
Jackal

Postby buzzy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:09 am

Don't know whether or not to create a new thread for impressions of the full game, but here it is. I downloaded the game today, psshh I'm gonna buy it once it's released anyway, I just couldn't resist.

Played some games on Pro and Sim sliders.

First Thunder (me) against the Warriors, which was a fairly easy win. I dominated with Durant and the Dubs played some shitty basketball. Curry and Monta chucked up threes all night, only hitting a few of them.
I almost turned it up to All-Star, but I decided to play a game with a worse team against a better opponent, which I just finished. It was the Bucks (me) @ the Bulls.
Was a completely different story, it was a close affair all game, I ended up winning 89-83 thanks to a good team effort. Jennings was doing it all, had 16/7/5, Bogut had made some tough shots in the paint, he had 17 and 8. Rose was killer, he dropped 27 on me.

Overall, I loved it. I struggled in the beginning, since none of the easy shit you know from the past games works anymore. You might be able to still get some easy dunks off a P&R, but the passes through the lane got ALOT harder. I even had some turnovers on outlet passes because I was used from 2k10 to just throw it up the court to the guy farthest away, no matter how 'well' he was guarded.
I really feel that my teammates finally play some good defense.
Also I love the new play calling, even though I had a few instances where I confused it with direct passing which led to some turnovers, but I'd think that's only a matter of getting used to it.
Still gotta learn some Isomotion and post play.

Oh and the POTG presentation is pretty badass, I might add.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 am

I love this game.

Just came off a tough loss playing as the Blazers @ the Lakers. Final score was 89-96. Kobe dropped some unbelievable shots, he killed me with 43 points.

As always, I love the little things in the 2k games. They have players on the floor talking to each other on defense. At one time I had to inbound the ball on the Lakers' baseline, and for some reason Roy was completely unguarded. While I passed you could hear someone quickly shouting "RoyRoyRoyRoy" and a defender came fyling. Was too late though, BRoy swished it. :cool:

Also, while at the stripe I could hear someone offering "Fresh popcorn!" in the first row. Don't know how realistic that is, it was still cool to hear.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:37 am

Kind of against the rules to talk about pirated copies of the game. It doesn't set a very good example.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 am

Andrew wrote:Kind of against the rules to talk about pirated copies of the game. It doesn't set a very good example.

Was thinking the exact same thing :shake:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Ha, I also was thinking "why does he even mention that he Dled it?" Definitely no need for that.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Yo1 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:11 am

Does they import chasedown block ala LBJ into game :?: :?: :?:
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Previous

Return to NBA 2K11