NBA Live 08 Stage Demo 1

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Postby Hot_Spitta on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:10 am

PROS:
Quick Strike ball handling looks sick. The spin move he does with Baron Davis looks nasty. Animation looks great.
Collision detection is worlds better.
Rebounding animations and shooting animations look really smooth.
Ball physics look way better than 07.
Personally, I love the player models.
Timeout cutscenes are nicely done.
I love the look of the banging of the big men in the posts.
Floor spacing looks great.

CONS:
When performing a dunk, it looks like sometimes they rise up to fast.
Hope they fix the stop time between gameplay and cut scenes.
Hot spots need to be made more transparent but still a great concept.

Those are really my only gripes about this video. I kind of wished they would of shown some go-to moves but no big deal. I was skeptical at first to be excited but EA IMO has done it and Im actually excited about it this year and things look really promising for the future.
Hot_Spitta

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:41 am

Sauru wrote:then again, without in game saves i dont know if i will get it for a console. maybe someone with a 360 or ps3(opinions for each prefered) can tell me how long you can/should leave a 360 or ps3 on without doing anything. like can i pause the game and leave for 4 hours then come back to it or will the system screw up? infact how long can those consoles be played without interuption without any over heating or crap like that?

As long as the consoles have adequate ventilation there shouldn't be any problem as far as I'm aware. I've never left a game on my 360 paused that long but I did have a marathon session of Street: Homecourt one lazy Sundy afternoon which probably lasted around 4-5 hours.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 pm

my ps3 overheats if you play non-stop for 3-4+ hrs. i've left it paused for a long time for 3+ hrs and it's been ok.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Hot_Spitta on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:56 am

Andrew wrote:
Sauru wrote:then again, without in game saves i dont know if i will get it for a console. maybe someone with a 360 or ps3(opinions for each prefered) can tell me how long you can/should leave a 360 or ps3 on without doing anything. like can i pause the game and leave for 4 hours then come back to it or will the system screw up? infact how long can those consoles be played without interuption without any over heating or crap like that?

As long as the consoles have adequate ventilation there shouldn't be any problem as far as I'm aware. I've never left a game on my 360 paused that long but I did have a marathon session of Street: Homecourt one lazy Sundy afternoon which probably lasted around 4-5 hours.

I did the same thing with some Virtua Tennis 3, but i have one of those nyko intercoolers with 3 extra fans on it. I felt it was need after I had problems with my first 360. But if you have proper ventilation with your 360 there shouldn't be a problem, and i have a feeling ill be taking advantage of it with nba live 08
Hot_Spitta

Postby volsey on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:33 am

I can easily leave my ps3 on for 6 plus hours, I'm not playing for those full 6 hours but as long as its out in the open, and not in a cluttered shelf you could easily leave it on in the middle of a game. My friend leaves his ps3 on for at least 16 hours a day, at night he leaves it on to fold@home (program that helps develop cures for diseases).
volsey

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 am

^ man, that must be quite the electric bill your friend has.

my only question now is where is stage demo 2??
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 am

i take all for the help. now i just gotta make up my mind between a360 or a ps3
Sauru

Menu Design

Postby Meloforchampion on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:12 am

I hope the design will be that great on the pc ( current-gen) version....
But it looks as if it has improved a lot
Melo for Champion...
Meloforchampion

Postby Ruthless Outlaw on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:32 pm

Qballer wrote: my only question now is where is stage demo 2??

Yeah, I don't understand why they called it "Stage Demo '1'" when it appears as if there won't be a "Stage Demo 2".
"If you investigate you'll find out where it's coming from, look through our history, America is the violent one."-2Pac
Ruthless Outlaw

Postby Andy92_man on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:42 pm

Does anybody know if/when there will be a NBA Live 08 Stage Demo 2?
Andy92_man

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:27 pm

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Perhaps they anticipated posting two videos but have decided against it. One would think a second one would have appeared by now, unless of course it covers information that is still under embargo.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 08