Crashes every hour or so

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

Crashes every hour or so

Postby unorthodox1 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

hopefully someone can help i have been having this issue since 2k22 idk how to fix it but now i have 2k 24 i still have problems with crashing every hour or so ,straight to desktop no error code or anything,
i tried removing modded files and i have deleted and reinstalled game . the only thing ive seen work or give me better results is tickering with the nivida control panel settings and when i force v sync on as well as in game i get more playing time but i still get the crashes everytime sooner or later . ive tried my league play now and mycareer mode but all the same after one hour no matter if im actually in game or just chilling at the home screen .if anyone else has his issue or know what settings i need to run please help thanks !
This topic was moved from NBA 2K24 Modding by Andrew on Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm.
unorthodox1

Re: Crashes every hour or so

Postby bikerjimuk on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:52 am

If it's been happening for years my guess is something is over heating,prob the gfx card
bikerjimuk

Postby Phreezy P on Wed May 01, 2024 3:44 pm

unorthodox1 wrote:hopefully someone can help i have been having this issue since 2k22 idk how to fix it but now i have 2k 24 i still have problems with crashing every hour or so ,straight to desktop no error code or anything,
i tried removing modded files and i have deleted and reinstalled game . the only thing ive seen work or give me better results is tickering with the nivida control panel settings and when i force v sync on as well as in game i get more playing time but i still get the crashes everytime sooner or later . ive tried my league play now and mycareer mode but all the same after one hour no matter if im actually in game or just chilling at the home screen .if anyone else has his issue or know what settings i need to run please help thanks !

I have a similar problem, my card isn't overheating. Some days are better than others. I think it has to do with the hook or some plugin, could even be a mod. It just exits out with no prompt. I also have a crash that happens occasionally in MC games after being subbed out and hitting sim. The visuals don't slow down appropriately and will take 5-45 seconds to go to Simcast. 1 out of ever 6 or so times it hard locks the game. Recently it crashes almost every game it seems.
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby unorthodox1 on Thu May 02, 2024 12:46 pm

Phreezy P wrote:
unorthodox1 wrote:hopefully someone can help i have been having this issue since 2k22 idk how to fix it but now i have 2k 24 i still have problems with crashing every hour or so ,straight to desktop no error code or anything,

I have a similar problem, my card isn't overheating. Some days are better than others. I think it has to do with the hook or some plugin, could even be a mod. It just exits out with no prompt. I also have a crash that happens occasionally in MC games after being subbed out and hitting sim. The visuals don't slow down appropriately and will take 5-45 seconds to go to Simcast. 1 out of ever 6 or so times it hard locks the game. Recently it crashes almost every game it seems.

good to know im not the only one cause its been years of this and only with this game no other game crashes its def something with 2k
unorthodox1

Postby Kronen on Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 pm

That's why I started playing on console. However, as a solution, you could try reinstalling your OS if it's been a while. Sometimes it may help.
Kronen

Return to NBA 2K24