Using AI for myleague

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Using AI for myleague

Postby gregotin on Sun May 21, 2023 12:39 am

Hello everyone,

I have been trying for some time to use an AI to generate content such as press articles, fictional tweets, match reviews, and even create a narrative background based on what happens in my MyLeague game. The general idea is to have realistic content based on the data generated in the progress of my game.

To achieve this, I would like to know if it's possible to compile and use the data from my game to import it into a spreadsheet like Excel, for example. Is there any software or script that would allow me to easily retrieve this type of data? I'm referring to match results, player performances, player awards, transfer or coach movements, injuries, and so on.

I would also like to create a system that generates non-sports-related elements explaining possible poor performances of teams or players. This would take into account the morale of the players in the game, for instance. The idea is to include events similar to what can happen in real life, like the scandal involving Ja Morant and his weapon.

Thank you in advance, and if this project interests you as well, please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas to improve it.
gregotin

Re: Using AI for myleague

Postby gregotin on Mon May 22, 2023 3:27 am

I'm now trying to open MyLEAGUE000X files as I believe stats and data are in this file. If anyone know how i can open this file, it would be helpful to let me know.
gregotin

Postby vetmin on Mon May 22, 2023 3:45 am

You can import/export player and team stats with 2K Tools. It’s in the bottom right menu when you open a player or team.
vetmin

Postby gregotin on Mon May 22, 2023 5:12 am

Thanks ! Silly me i never saw that... Now i Have to find a way to import those data in a google sheet.
gregotin

Postby studbucket on Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:43 am

Hey - I love this idea and have used AI a bit for some things as well. How did this go for you? Do you have examples of what worked well and what went poorly?
studbucket

Postby gregotin on Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:51 am

Hey,

Well I stopped trying because AI seems to forget previous infos from my league. I'm sure there is a good use of those AI tools though. For exemple using ChatGPT to generate basketball medias reacting to your league. The hard part is to give the data to the AI. It seems to need a LOT.

Anyways it's funny you crash into this topic because I recently wanted to go back into this idea.
gregotin

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:08 am

Are you trying to use this to create a story thread, or maybe video series?
What is your purpose for attempting to generate the AI content ?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby gregotin on Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:17 am

Hi, my goal was to provide a realistic background to my MyLeague game. Ideally, I inputted player/match data and stats after each day in the game, and the AI was supposed to generate press articles, fan tweets, or even from players/coaches/insiders, creating a narrative around my game that I hadn't thought of myself. For example, automatically imagining transfer rumors or, based on the data, generating a player transfer request. I didn't aim for content creation ; I just wanted a "New Gen feeling" background for my game, purely personal.

It turned out to be much more challenging than anticipated. Even just entering the data, I couldn't find an effective method to generate content. I tried several methods, but nothing conclusive. I also looked into the best way to use chatGPT, for instance, but it wasn't very fruitful.

I truly believe it's possible to do something amazing with these AIs, but it requires practice and methodology.
gregotin

Postby studbucket on Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:55 am

This guy on OperationSports is using ChatGPT to help write recaps of his games. Maybe an example of what can be done. It's not as amibitious as your project.
studbucket

Postby gregotin on Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:03 am

studbucket wrote:This guy on OperationSports is using ChatGPT to help write recaps of his games. Maybe an example of what can be done. It's not as amibitious as your project.

This is interesting !

I found this : https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4-npfNmv9m ... 2v43NG31SN

Imagine creating your own top 10 plays of the nught in nba 2k. AI can generate commentary !
gregotin

Postby studbucket on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:16 pm

That's a cool idea. Would be fun to do that.
studbucket

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding