Help with Jersey modding for 2K22

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Help with Jersey modding for 2K22

Postby ChrisW112 on Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:10 pm

Hello all,

I've recently gotten back into the spirit of modding, and although I am quite proficient with courts, logos, and other things, jerseys are still not my expertise.

I have gotten the jist down as far as the "jersey_color.011652d5ed97bf.dds" (that's just a random strand of numbers on the end as an example) is the main file you want to modify in photoshop for the top jersey and then save as a DDS using NVIDIA texture tools as a BC1 file format (if I'm wrong with the type of DDS format to save it as, then please by all means correct me here).

The same can be said for "shorts_color.011652d5ed97bf.dds" (that's again, just a random strand of numbers on the end as an example) is the main file you want to modify in photoshop for the shorts and then save as a DDS using NVIDIA texture tools, again, I assume, as a BC1 file format.

The two main files from what I can tell, that you want to edit for jersey number, and jersey name respectively, are in the "clothing_resource_u(team #)(teamname)_current_home_font.iff" folder within the "clothing" folder to that jersey, and then the files themselves are "font_lett_color.fd415edwq.dds" (that's again, just a random strand of numbers on the end as an example) and then "font_number_color.811dersd8wkdw.dds" (that's again, just a random strand of numbers on the end as an example).

I save both of these files as BC3 interpolant alpha in NVIDIA texture tools, as they are the equivalent to a DXT5 texture, which from what I've researched, is what a jersey number needs to be saved as.

Below is an example of one of the jerseys I tried to make, as it presents in the play now screen. All of the features to the jersey are blurry, however, when you actually play a game, while they still appear blurry, if you use instant replay, this is the only time when the specific logos and parts to the jersey like the "CHA" and the bobcats logos on the shorts for example appear correct. Also, notice that jersey numbers do not load in at all. For this particular jersey mod, jersey numbers are the only file out of both jersey numbers and jersey letters that I edited, because I wanted the numbers to be orange.

If someone can give input as to what I did wrong for this jersey, I'd appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisW112

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding