The Friday Five: 5 Hopes for NBA Live 14’s Rising Star Mode

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

The Friday Five: 5 Hopes for NBA Live 14’s Rising Star Mode

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:56 am

Since I previously talked about the things I want to see in Dynasty Mode, this week I'm taking a look at my hopes for the new Rising Star mode:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... star-mode/
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Hopes for NBA Live 14’s Rising Star M

Postby benji on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:58 pm

I know it's probably a niche view but the multiple players thing is huge for me because I get bored playing the same position as you grind your way up to more and more capabilities. You play some games as a big, then swap over and run the point for a while and you're refreshed to go back to the big or maybe take on your spot-up two guard or whatever.

I haven't understood many of the limitations they add onto these types of modes especially when they didn't exist in prior games. Add multiple advanced options at the start! Let you grind from a non draftee, or start as LeBron meets Jordan meets Kareem if you want. Just don't have the Jordan brand contacting the two minute a game guy who can barely dribble until he reaches some threshold. The game shouldn't really care if I'm cheesing my way with 99s in everything averaging 60ppg and 85 shots or if I'm simulating until I get on the court immediately foul and turn it over at the same time and then a cutscene shows a news article "COACH WONDERS WHY [PLAYER] IS STILL ON THE ROSTER" while all the other players on the bench laugh at me, and so on.
benji

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard