Can we put 15+ to 20 Players in the roster without crash?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Can we put 15+ to 20 Players in the roster without crash?

Postby Arch123 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pm

Hello everyone I have updated 2023-2024 Roster here and all players are updated, might want to know if can we possibly make the roster 15+ players up without crashing into My Player and Association.

-Updated 2023-2024 Roster with 15+ up player roster
-Updated G League Teams
-Updated Summer League

its about 80% done someone knew how to fix the crash?

Let's bring back this Legend Game everyone, if anyone of you guys interested just comment down, I've tried every possible fix, I've tried the 15 players roster but still crash, Any Idea?

Roster Link (For Test): https://www.mediafire.com/file/h3b1xwog ... 3.rar/file
This topic was moved from NBA 2K11 by Andrew on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 pm.
Arch123

Re: Can we put 15+ to 20 Players in the roster without crash?

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 pm

The game doesn't support rosters bigger than 15 players as far as I know. The only workaround is to leave the two-way players in the Free Agents. It's not ideal, but we can only work with how the game is coded to handle rosters.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Arch123 on Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

Andrew wrote:The game doesn't support rosters bigger than 15 players as far as I know. The only workaround is to leave the two-way players in the Free Agents. It's not ideal, but we can only work with how the game is coded to handle rosters.

Sir do you have idea why 15 player roster still crash in my player and association? I tried everything in reditor but still crashed :(
Arch123

Postby Arch123 on Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:20 am

Is there a way we can hex edit it? Need your feedback :)
Arch123

Postby Arch123 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:57 am

Up
Arch123

Postby Arch123 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:57 am

Up Up Up
Arch123

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 pm

There's no need to quadruple post like that to bump the most recently active topic that's right at the top of the page already. It's just spamming, which is against the rules.

I've already answered the question and explained the situation above, but I'll try to lay it out again as clearly as I can.

NBA 2K11 does not and cannot support rosters bigger than 15 players, the maximum roster size at the time it was developed. What you want to do is impossible. It will always crash if you add more than 15 players to a team's roster, because the game was not coded to work with a non-standard roster size. It's not programmed to handle those extra players when managing the rosters in Association and My Player, so when it encounters them, it'll crash.

There is no solution to this in REDitor II, or anything to hex edit that will make it work. You can't increase the roster size anywhere. This is a limitation imposed by the game's coding and design to handle roster management, as per how NBA team rosters worked in 2010-2011. The only solution is to find an alternative that works within the limitations of the game's programming.

The most logical workaround is to leave two-way players and anyone else who isn't active/vital in the Free Agents pool, because if you try to have more than 15 players on a roster, it will crash. It will crash because the game is coded for a maximum of 15 players per team, and there's no way to change that. What you're trying to do is impossible, and will only lead to crashing, so you need to find the next best solution to handle modern roster sizes.

The only viable solution - since we can't change the roster size - is the one I've mentioned above. It's not perfect, but it's the only one that won't crash the game, since we can't make the rosters bigger than what they're coded to be. When you're modding a game that's over a decade old and there's been changes like this in the NBA, you need to work with what the game will allow. Trying to do otherwise won't lead to the creation of a viable roster.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding