A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 11: Game One

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 pm

dare wrote:Just noticed you pick my sig over hova :D

I will alternate between both.

Hova and Dare both get points for making the best sig and Lamrock gets participation points. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby C-77 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 pm

I think that it missed :D
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:05 am

Seattle Barely Survives Against Blazers
Game 1, First Round, 2013 NBA playoffs: Portland Trailblazers at Seattle Stealth 111-112 (Seattle leads 1-0)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

APRIL 16, SEATTLE (AP) – Kevin Durant missed the first shot but then redeemed himself after a David Lee rebound and kick back out to his captain. Durant then drove straight to the hoop and scored a tough floater against the outstretched arms of Greg Oden and Brandon Roy. That cut the Blazers lead to 1 point with 2.4 seconds left in the game.

Durant wasn’t done with his heroics but needed the help of the Blazers to get the opportunity to. With no timeouts left, the Blazers had to clear the ball out of the half court. Roy got a little excited and tried to throw a full court pass to Carlos Boozer who had just run past halfway. The ball sailed over Boozer’s head and continued down to the other end of the court.

Durant stepped up and delivered the knockout blow. His turnaround jumper hit the bottom of the net as the buzzer sounded. Strangely enough, his team mates quickly shuffled off the court and didn’t even acknowledge his achievement. Durant fronted the media later on and dismissed that his team did it on purpose, “I think they were all just relieved that we escaped with that win. But I don’t need no encouragement, this is my team baby. They all listen to what I say. I don’t need to listen to any of them.”

Durant finished with 35 points and the two most important buckets of the game but he has rookie Jao Wu to thank. If it had not been for the 2012 first overall pick, Durant would have never got the opportunity to win the game. With Jason Kidd struggling to keep up with the pace, Aaron Karl injured and Allen Iverson shooting the Stealth out of the game, Head Coach Will Sit had no choice but to play Wu.

Sit admitted that he was surprised with Wu who finished with 7 points and 4 assists. More importantly, he helped to change the momentum of the game and really helped Seattle come back in the fourth quarter. “I know that I’ve copped a fair bit of slack for not playing Jao all season. I wasn’t planning on playing him unless we really really needed him tonight,” Sit said, “And I’m glad to say that he really stood up to the plate and rose to the occasion. Jao won the game for us, not Kevin. Jao really got us back into it.”

The game was close for the entire first half and it was only in the third period when Portland really opened up the game with a 14-4 run. The Stealth trailed by double digits at third quarter time and Wu came back to start the fourth quarter alongside Durant and Reshawn Tyson. Wu used his pace to help Durant and Tyson score easy buckets. Wu then scored the most important bucket at that stage of the game with an acrobatic layup that somehow dropped. Wu was also fouled and completed the three point play. His 3 points cut the Blazers lead to 10 with half the quarter to go. And at that stage, Wu would sit down as Sit called it a night for his rookie.

Iverson, punished for some errant attempts earlier in the game, returned to the match with Kidd, Tyson, Durant and Andrew Bogut. The Stealth finally played defence and shut down the Blazers on the other end. Three consecutive Iverson fast break buckets would cut the Blazers lead to just 4 points with less than a minute remaining in the game.

With the game on the line and a chance to extend the lead to 5, Blazers’ leading scorer Ben Gordon missed 2 free throws with 12.3 seconds left, allowing Durant the chance to perform his heroics on the other end. “Ben’s missed free throws really hurt us,” Blazers’ Coach Nate McMillan said, “We’re going to be practicing those tomorrow.”

Notes: Jao Wu seemed nervous in his playoff debut as he had consecutive turnovers from two failed behind the back passes. However, once he scored his first bucket and then followed it up with a pretty assist to Tyson, he seemed at ease… The highly favored Stealth take a 1-0 lead in this first round series…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth

SF Kevin Durant: 35 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
SG Reshawn Tyson: 27 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists
C Andrew Bogut: 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists
SG Allen Iverson: 11 points, 5-13 FG

Portland Trailblazers

C Derrick Caldwell: 19 points, 14 rebounds
G/F Brandon Roy: 19 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals
C Greg Oden: 17 points, 12 rebounds
SG Ben Gordon: 16 points
PF Carlos Boozer : 13 points
PG Ramon Sessions : 10 points

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 1

Western Conference

Mavs 115 @ Hornets 100 (Mavs lead 1-0)
Jazz 85 @ Warriors 114 (Warriors lead 1-0)
Clippers 124 @ Kings 123 (Clippers lead 1-0)

Eastern Conference

Knicks 83 @ Hawks 131 (Hawks lead 1-0)
Nets 118 @ Sixers 124 (Sixers lead 1-0)
Heat 118 @ Bucks 120 (Bucks lead 1-0)
Magic 124 @ Cavs 114 (Magic lead 1-0)
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 Recap

Postby dare on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:39 am

Missed my prediction badly, nice win though. :)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:51 am

Congrats on the win. KD saved your ass. Who is this Caldwell fellow?
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:52 am

Lamrock wrote:Who is this Caldwell fellow?

Rookie from a while back. I think in 09 draft class... I shall do a search now :)

2009 NBA Draft, 16 Pick to Minnesota

There you go!
Fresh8

Postby megarover on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:05 am

I didn't realize Cadwell was dominating you like that. Does he start
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:10 am

LOOKING BACK AT 2009 DRAFT

As we head towards free agency, all of these guys are going off contract. Let's look back at the 2009 Draft and see how they have gone through the first few years of their careers.

1. Sacramento selects SF Moses Chara (Duke) - Finally MVP this season?
2. Utah selects PF Donnell Lawrence (Northwestern) - Generally a flop. Struggles to score more than 10 ppg, but is an All-World defender. Sort of the Darko of this draft if you count Moses as the Lebron of this draft.
3. Seattle selects SG Reshawn Tyson (North Carolina) - finally an All-Star player. Had the potential as The X and Mark were both better players than him.
4. New York selects C Byron Brock (Georgetown) - Traded out of New York after 1 season... has stuck in Philly and finally got a starting berth. Solid starter but nothing special.
5. Menphis selects PF Martti Must (North Carolina) - Surprise of the draft... developed into an All-Star. Big crybaby.
6. Chicago selects PF Harvey Morrison (Georgetown) - Started most of rookie season but has since been relegated to bench and stuck there.
7. Milwaukee selects PF Sammy Carney (Boston College) - On the injured reserves list. :lol:
8. New Jersey selects PG Barney Steele (Baylor) - The Nets' saviour and reason for Melo joining. The 'Black Kidd' isn't spectacular but is a triple double machine and All-Star talent.
9. Charlotte selects SG Mark Moore (Arizona) - Double digit scoring team player. Versatility is a plus. Not a lead player but would fit in well next to 1 or 2 All-Stars.
10. Denver selects SG Andrew Watson (West Virginia) - Got robbed for Rookie of the Year. Solid career but entered NBA at prime and after 4 seasons, stats starting to decline. Perhaps a new team could reignite him.
11. Toronto selects SG Terrell Hicks (Oklahoma) - Has developed over time and is now a viable option to start in Toronto. However, he is the sixth man behind the Raptors' draft pick from the 2011 Draft... They drafted a SG I think with a top 3 pick.
12. Phoenix selects PF Junior Cardinal (Tulsa) - Pretty much glued to bench as well.
13. Philadelphia selects PG Zoilo Resurreccion (Princeton) - One of the leading assists man in the NBA. His short stature hinders him but has been a big piece in the Sixers' rebuilding program.
14. Dallas selects PG Stanley Mayo (Boston College) - Was a top 3 talent but slid all the way to 14. Could have been steal of draft but Dallas didn't give him a chance. He's in Atlanta now as starting PG.
15. Portland selects SF Quinn Person (Massachusetts) - Great shooter... often lights up the Stealth. :lol: Good role player who could be like The X on a shittier team. He's stuck playing behind Travis Outlaw and Roy and now Roy and Ben Gordon.
16. Minnesota selects C Derrick Caldwell (Texas A&M) - Traded to Portland. Another reserve. Plays behind Oden and Boozer and of course Darko!
17. Philadelphia selects SF Jess Mercer (New Mexico) - Don't know what happened to him!
18. Atlanta selects SG Shane Park (Utep) - Little known reserve but is an NBA champion! That's better than Chara, Ty, Must and the others.
19. Washington selects PG K Pirc (Slovenia) - Solid starter in Washington. Was the real steal of this draft. Washington is going into rebuilding phase... Pirc could be a star if he stays.
The rest of the first round are irrelevant by now. :lol:

All-Stars: Chara, Tyson, Must, Lawrence, Steele
Fringe All-Stars: Moore, Watson
Draft Class Grade: A+

Hope you guys enjoyed that round-up.

Now it's your turn! Post a re-draft of the 2009 draft. Click on the link I gave Lamrock to check back on what teams needs were. You should find some useful articles there. You can base your redraft on team needs or just talent or both. Just justify your choices!

Have fun and the best list gets 20 points.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:14 am

megarover wrote:I didn't realize Cadwell was dominating you like that. Does he start

he's a benchwarmer.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:14 am

Great 09 draft class review.

You lucky dog, you're lucky Durant didn't miss.

This series is turning into Dallas vs Warriors all over again :cry:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:14 am

Houndy wrote:Great 09 draft class review.

You lucky dog, you're lucky Durant didn't miss.

This series is turning into Dallas vs Warriors all over again :cry:

It's only Game 1. :P
Fresh8

Postby megarover on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:35 am

Sit wrote:
megarover wrote:I didn't realize Cadwell was dominating you like that. Does he start

he's a benchwarmer.

Well that was certainly a pretty big performance for him.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 Recap and Earn Points Now!

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Good job on the win, but you better step it up if you don't want to get beat in the first round :wink:

Nice to see my Mavs win game 1 as well (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:06 pm

1. Sacramento - Moses Chara (Duh!)
2. Utah - Martti Must (They were wise to pick a PF with Boozer on the move - they just selected the wrong one!)
3. Seattle - Reshawn Tyson (Can't fault this pick. Ty's a superstar)
4. New York - Barney Steele (They get the BPA and shore up the PG position for years to come)
5. Memphis - Donnell Lawrence (With Must off the board, they get the other (dubious) all-star in Lawrence)
6. Chicago - Andrew Watson (His NBA readiness and 3pt ability spaces the floor and makes him the perfect SG opposite Rose)
7. Milwaukee - Mark Moore (would be a great complement to stars Jay Gray and Liam Washburn)
8. New Jersey - Zoilo Resurreccion (very solid consolation prize for Steele)
9. Charlotte - Terrell Hicks (They don't get Moore, but they get a good SG in Hicks)
10. Denver - Stanley Mayo (Billups' successor)
11. Toronto - Quinn Person (rich man's Kapono, helps them out on the perennially poor wings)
12. Phoenix - Klemen Pirc (maybe then they don't trade for Baron...)
13. Philadelphia - Byron Brock (can't go wrong with starting center)
14. Dallas - Harvey Morrison (BPA I guess...)
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:43 pm

megarover wrote:
Sit wrote:

he's a benchwarmer.

Well that was certainly a pretty big performance for him.

Yeah it was. It was like a career high. :lol:

Valor wrote:Good job on the win, but you better step it up if you don't want to get beat in the first round :wink:

Nice to see my Mavs win game 1 as well (Y)

Do you really think I'm going to lose against Portland? :lol:

Everyone is panicking because of this one game. Just like the Lakers IRL.

Lamrock wrote:1. Sacramento - Moses Chara (Duh!)
2. Utah - Martti Must (They were wise to pick a PF with Boozer on the move - they just selected the wrong one!)
3. Seattle - Reshawn Tyson (Can't fault this pick. Ty's a superstar)
4. New York - Barney Steele (They get the BPA and shore up the PG position for years to come)
5. Memphis - Donnell Lawrence (With Must off the board, they get the other (dubious) all-star in Lawrence)
6. Chicago - Andrew Watson (His NBA readiness and 3pt ability spaces the floor and makes him the perfect SG opposite Rose)
7. Milwaukee - Mark Moore (would be a great complement to stars Jay Gray and Liam Washburn)
8. New Jersey - Zoilo Resurreccion (very solid consolation prize for Steele)
9. Charlotte - Terrell Hicks (They don't get Moore, but they get a good SG in Hicks)
10. Denver - Stanley Mayo (Billups' successor)
11. Toronto - Quinn Person (rich man's Kapono, helps them out on the perennially poor wings)
12. Phoenix - Klemen Pirc (maybe then they don't trade for Baron...)
13. Philadelphia - Byron Brock (can't go wrong with starting center)
14. Dallas - Harvey Morrison (BPA I guess...)

Nice list. Let's see if anyone will argue against the selections. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Eek, with everyone praising 2K11... Dunno if I am really going to be able to continue this one. Might make it a sim story for final 2 seasons...
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:33 pm

First test 2K11 for a little bit, then decide. ;)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Martti. wrote:First test 2K11 for a little bit, then decide. ;)

Yeah, I will get the game and see. I've played the entire first round so you will at least get that. :)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Nice 2009 Draft Review. What a deep draft it was :cool:

Nice win. I really thought Blazers had you but Roy choked (N)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 am

Stealth Use Defensive Effort To Stifle Blazers
Game 2, First Round, 2013 NBA playoffs: Portland Trailblazers at Seattle Stealth 65-90 (Seattle leads 2-0)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

APRIL 18, SEATTLE (AP) – Head Coach Will Sit has been preaching defense all season. After a lucky escape against the eighth seeded Blazers in Game 1, Sit gave his team a grilling in the next morning’s practice run and that seemed to have awoken his team. Seattle came out in Game 2 and put on a defensive clinic.

Kevin Durant and Andrew Bogut scored 21 points apiece as they led a determined effort to hold Portland to as little points as possible. Coach Sit had to be happy with the effort as the Blazers managed just 29 points in the first half. “This is what I told my guys,” Sit said after the game, “You hold the other team and even on a low scoring night, you will still be leading and winning.”

The Stealth led at half time 46-29.

Greg Oden scored 18 to lead the Blazers while Ben Gordon and Brandon Roy struggled to get to their points totals of 13 and 12. Blazers coach Nate McMillan stated that he was ready to write this game off at half time, “Being down by 15 and not having scored more than 30 points in the first half is when you know your team is being outplayed on defense. The other team nearly had 50 and that’s when you know you’re getting outplayed on both ends of the floor. As a coach, I can congratulate Coach Sit for how he got his guys to come out like this. Who know Seattle was capable of playing defense like tonight.”

Oden was speechless as he discussed how surprised he was that Bogut and David Lee were so active in the post. “I found it tough to score,” Oden said, “I’m sure it’s not going to be like that in the next game.”

The Stealth got off to an 8-0 run to start the game. All of the baskets were off Jason Kidd passes. Kidd was the big difference as he led Seattle’s charge on both ends of the floor. “Coach asked me to be aggressive,” Kidd explained, “I just came out and did my job.” Kidd made up for a bland Game 1 effort (2 points, 2 assists) with 21 assists in Game 2. Kidd was magnificent as he collected 12 first half assists,

Seattle struggled without their captain in the third quarter and allowed the Blazers to outscore them 20-16 for the period. However, the starters rectified the ship in the final quarter where they outscored Portland 28-16.

The win gives Seattle a 2-0 lead as the series shifts to nearby Portland. “We’ve just got to go to Seattle now and win in their building,” Coach McMillan said, “I’m confident in my guys.”

Notes: Allen Iverson has been a force off the bench for Seattle but it seems that Sit has refused to play him much these playoffs. Tonight he scored 5 points in limited game time… Aaron Karl has stated that he is not expecting to play any part in this series… Durant commented on the Clippers’ upset win against the Kings, “Moses (Chara) isn’t good enough to win games for his team. He doesn’t deserve MVP”…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth

SF Kevin Durant: 21 points, 4 rebounds, 4 steals
C Andrew Bogut: 21 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks
SG Reshawn Tyson: 17 points
PG Jason Kidd: 21 assists
PF David Lee: 14 points

Portland Trailblazers

C Greg Oden: 18 points, 7 rebounds, 6 blocks
SG Ben Gordon: 13 points, 5-17 FG
G/F Brandon Roy: 12 points, 6-13 FG
PF Carlos Boozer: 6 points, 10 rebounds

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 2

Western Conference

Mavs 97 @ Hornets 98 (Series tied 1-1)
Jazz 84 @ Warriors 108 (Warriors lead 2-0)
Clippers 78 @ Kings 116 (Series tied 1-1)

Eastern Conference

Knicks 85 @ Hawks 109 (Hawks lead 2-0)
Nets 97 @ Sixers 104 (Sixers lead 2-0)
Heat 105 @ Bucks 121 (Bucks lead 2-0)
Magic 112 @ Cavs 117 (Series tied 1-1)
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 2

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:22 am

Big win there. Blazers aren't looking so threatening after all. Kidd's still got it!
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Ehh, Blazers suck
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Good to know that Jao Wu got some playoff burn. Coach Sit might not be stupid after all.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby dare on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:07 pm

29 points in the first half? That is one good defense. What are the chances of this being a sim dynasty?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Lamrock wrote:Big win there. Blazers aren't looking so threatening after all. Kidd's still got it!

Nope, I made sure they couldn't score. :)

Houndy wrote:Ehh, Blazers suck

For sure man.

ZanShadöw wrote:Good to know that Jao Wu got some playoff burn. Coach Sit might not be stupid after all.

Why were you calling me stupid? lol

dare wrote:29 points in the first half? That is one good defense. What are the chances of this being a sim dynasty?

I played that game man. What you on about?
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame