A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSCer Rewards Explained!

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Oh and my predictions ;)

West:

Seattle in 6
Kings in 4
Hornets in 6
Warriors in 7

East:

Hawks in 5
Sixer in 6
Cavs in 6
Bucks in 7

/edit:

good to see you continuing this one, although I think 2k11 could be a lotta fun. I have to admit, currently I am not really up to date due to my regular offseason, off-2k summer, but with 2k11 arriving you can expect me to catch up and post on a regular basis ;)
Props for the milestone.
Last edited by hova- on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSCer Rewards Explained!

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:40 pm

hova- wrote:Oh and my predictions ;)

West:

Seattle in 6
Kings in 4
Hornets in 6
Warriors in 7

East:

Hawks in 5
Sixer in 6
Cavs in 6
Bucks in 7

Just waiting on Mark. now...
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSCer Rewards p30 + Thank You! p

Postby dare on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 pm

It is good to see that this one will continue. :D
dare
True kings have rings

Postby George7 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Nice to see you continue this!

Is there any way to be drafted in?
Is there any open spot?
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 pm

George7 wrote:Nice to see you continue this!

Is there any way to be drafted in?
Is there any open spot?

Yes.

For all those participating in the competitions and have not got characters, please PM me!
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Yeah!!!! Stealth all the way!

But in 2k11, you can edit the rosters of the Seattle Sonics team, add the Thunder players on it, and you have a Seattle court and logo :)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Houndy wrote:Yeah!!!! Stealth all the way!

But in 2k11, you can edit the rosters of the Seattle Sonics team, add the Thunder players on it, and you have a Seattle court and logo :)

But I lose the league that I have that exists now.

Not worth it after spending so much time on this story.
Fresh8

Postby puttincomputers on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:27 am

Glad to see this continue! (Y)
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby George7 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:31 am

Send you ma infos!
George7

Postby Valor on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:02 am

Awesome, two more seasons of the Seattle Stealth (Y)
here's an idea, if Kidd retires you could continue the story in A Legend is Born IV since that would symbolize the beginning of a new era :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:17 am

Great news. Can't wait for more Martti Must domination and emotional outbursts. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:59 am

Good to know you will continue here, bro! :applaud:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 am

Yep. Get ready for the L-Train's comeuppance.
Lamrock

Postby George7 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:01 am

It's time to Rock Sit's basketball world with my player.... :cheeky: :cheeky:
George7

Postby Houndy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:01 am

Willie Lewis made it to the championship game hoes, don't forget about him
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Chapter 11

Sit sat there and basked in the atmosphere. There were murmurs around the room before someone asked him another question. Sit thought for a moment before responding.
“We need to play defence. That’s the key for us. I have not stressed the point enough because my team does not seem to listen. We’ve got to play defence. We can only win with defence,” Sit pounded the table for emphasis every time he said defence.
“Coach, how important is Allen Iverson going to be for you in the postseason? Are you going to let him do what he’s been doing or are you going to limit his minutes?”
Sit knew he shouldn’t say it but he couldn’t help it, “Allen is a talented player but every shot in the postseason is important. I don’t want someone to be chucking shots for the sake of chucking. Until he proves to me that he can be efficient and help this squad win, I will have to monitor his minutes.”
The room was silent.
It was time for damage control, “What I mean is that it really depends on the situation. I know that whenever I call Allen up to play, he will be ready to give it his all.”
“Coach, What are your thoughts on Moses Chara and Lebron James?”
Sit laughed, “It’s none of my business to get caught up in stuff not relevant to my team’s playoff campaign.”
Kevin Durant was the next person to be interviewed.
“Kevin, you’ve played the Blazers plenty of times before in the past. What’s the difference this year?”
Durant was chewing gum and he spat it out in front of him. All of the front row ducked to avoid it.
“What was the question?”
The reporter started to repeat it, “Uh, you played...”
Durant cut him off, “I already heard you the first time. These guys suck. We got them. I don’t even need to try to beat them. I can do this blindfolded. All of you are embarrassing yourselves by asking me stupid and lame questions.”

Brandon Roy walked off the court after morning shoot around. Some reporters were waiting for him to say something as he wrapped a towel around his neck.
“Oh I see what you’re doing,” he smiled, “I’m not going to say anything nasty. If you want that, go over and talk to Greg.”
The small media pack turned their attention to Oden who was sitting a small distance away. He was undoing his knee braces and looked up at the mob gathered around him.
“My knees hurt,” he joked, “I’m just kidding. I’m ready for the series. I’m really looking forward to it.”
One reporter asked, “Does it feel weird to be outplayed by Kevin Durant. You were drafted ahead of him yet he has led the league in scoring these past few seasons. How do you feel?”
“I feel like my play has justified my draft position. Kevin and I are different players. He needs to score for his team to win,” Oden explained, “I like to do it on the other end.”
He added, “Plus he’s a douche bag.”
Further away, Blazers coach Nate McMillan addressed another small group of reporters, “I’m very excited heading into this series against the Stealth. They have lost a key player to injury and I think it makes a big difference.”
“Are you confident that you can pull off an upset in this series?”
“We have a strong team. Injuries really made us underachieve this season and to come up against Seattle in the first round is tough,” he answered, “But I do think we have what it takes to win a series against these guys. Anything is possible.”
“How much faith do you have in Ramon Sessions? Losing Steve Nash and Jerryd Bayless is a lot of depth that is now gone.”
McMillan looked over at Sessions who was stretching down and he was honest in his reply, “Look, we can’t fool anyone. Ramon isn’t a Steve Nast but let me tell you something, he is a competent player and he will do the job. Our team has always lost talent but kept on top of things. We can win this series.”
“Any thoughts on the Stealth Head Coach?”
“What about him?”
The reporter wanted to get a reaction out of him, “Anything?”
McMillan didn’t take the bait and laughed, “No.”

“Good evening sports fans! My name is Marv Albert and with me are Chris Webber and Reggie Miller. We’re joined on the sideline by Craig Sager and Cheryl Miller. Welcome to Game One of the 2013 NBA playoffs!”
Albert paused before continuing, “The first seeded Seattle Stealth take on the eight seed Portland Trailblazers here in Seattle. And what a lead up to this game it has been with both sides talking the talk. Reggie, will these guys walk the walk tonight?”
Reggie spoke with a tinge of excitement, “Marv, a lot of people have written off Portland but these guys are extremely talented. Boozer and Roy are All-star calibre players and you have Oden who is a top five centre in this league. Ben Gordon is a world-class scorer and these guys should have been the number three or four seed in the Western Conference. You might call me crazy but I think the Blazers could win this series.”
“I’ve just got to say right now,” Webber interrupted, “I agree with what Reg has said but I have to say I don’t think Portland can win. They are underrated but there’s a difference between that and being talented enough to win a seven game series against Seattle.”
Reggie waited to see if anyone else had anything to add before continuing, “Thanks for your thoughts Chris. Ok, let’s get back to what I was saying before. You have the best team in the NBA playing against a long-time rival. Both squads are great and loaded with competitors. This is going to be an exciting series.”
“It sure is,” Albert took over from Reggie, “And there have been some interesting storylines leading up to these playoffs. The biggest one is the future of half of the Stealth roster.”
“I think you’re exaggerating there Marv,” Reggie laughed.
“I sure am Reggie but Jason Kidd and Reshawn Tyson mean so much to this ball team that they are close enough to half of the Stealth,” Marv chuckled, “What are your thoughts on this Chris?”
Webber put down his glass of water and thought for a moment, “I’ve been following and I’ve just got to say that if this is Jason Kidd’s last playoff campaign and last games as an NBA player, I applaud him for a wonderful career. What do you think Reggie?”
Reggie nodded, “Jason Kidd is one of the best point guards of all time and even at his age, he is still playing great basketball.”
Webber joked, “You wish you were like Kidd when you tried to make a comeback.”
Reggie ignored him and continued, “But I think the Stealth have adequate cover if Jason retires. They have Jao Wu and they have Aaron Karl. Those two are great young talents. I think the real guy to follow is Reshawn Tyson. Boy did he blossom this year and he finally made that All-Star game. If Seattle loses that kid after developing him so well, I think it’s going to be a big issue.”
Webber agreed, “Tyson is one of the best swingmen in the game today. I remember when he was playing for North Carolina and he was great but I didn’t think he could cut it with the big boys because he was too skinny. He was raw and he didn’t play defence. But he’s really matured and has turned into a fine all-around player.”
Marv added, “And with more on Tyson, Cheryl joins us from the sideline. What do you have for us Cheryl?”
“Well Marv, I had a chat with Stealth Coach Will Sit who said that he doesn’t want to speculate on Reshawn Tyson’s status with the team. He said that his team is about to head into a tough playoff series against the Blazers and he doesn’t want any distractions.”
Cheryl was speaking up as the crowd began to become louder, “Sit also told me that he knows how tough the Blazers will be and is hoping that his team gets his message. And that is to play defence. Back to you guys in the studio.”
“Thank you Cheryl, it sounds like a packed house down there and the game won’t be starting any time soon. So where do you two think Tyson would go if he does not stay in Seattle?”
Reggie answered first, “I’m going with New York. I think they could really use him and he wants to be home. What do you think Chris?”
Webber nodded and agreed once more, “I think the Knicks. If not, I’m going with New Orleans.”
“I guess that doesn’t concern us right now as the Stealth are concentrating on these playoffs,” Marv stated, “And now let’s tune in for the starting line-ups from both sides.”

It was the same old cliché feeling; Ty felt chills running down his spine as he stood and watched the Portland Trailblazers starters being introduced. The crowd were booing and making a ruckus. They were also chanting out, “We want Kevin, we want Kevin.” Ty looked over at Durant who was loving the attention from the fans. He also looked over at Coach Will Sit who was furiously scribbling down notes and yelling above the noise to George Karl. Ty smiled and shook his head thinking that Karl probably couldn’t hear a word Sit was saying.
“Are you ready?” Rocky yelled over the top of the noise.
Ty nodded, pat him on the back and yelled back, “Ready than I will ever be!”
Then the lights dimmed even more and smoke filled the stadium. Durant’s theme music ‘Run This Town’ played. It was an old song but Durant insisted on it playing. And what Durant insists on happens.
“And now, welcome your Seattle Stealth!”
The fans were on their feet and yelling and screaming by now.
“Stealth fans, get ready for your team. Kevin’s team!”
The chants began and were getting louder and louder.
“At shooting guard, 6’6” from North Carolina, Western Conference All-Star... Reshawn Tyson!”
Ty waved to the crowd and ran to midcourt as the announcer introduced Lee, Bogut, then Kidd. After Kidd was at midcourt, the announcer paused for the crowd to continuing cheering, “Kevin’s team, Kevin’s team!”
“At the other forward, 6’9” from Texas. All-Star and NBA scoring champion. This is his team! This is his time to shine! And this is KEVIN DURANT!”
Durant did his customary fist bump on his chest and then high fived anyone he ran past. He was waving his arms in the air to signal for the crowd to be even louder. He looked like a monkey out there. Durant eventually got to midcourt and joined the other starters. The lights were back on and the players returned to shoot around on the court.
Durant walked up to Ty and said to him, “Don’t fuck up tonight.”
Ty nudged Durant out of the way, “Go screw yourself.”

“Sloppy defence! Terrible!” Sit berated his team halfway through the third quarter, “You’re playing with no effort on the defensive end. You guys are like sieves on defence. I don’t know what to say! Now get back out there and let’s play a hell of a lot better!”
Sit send Durant, Ty, Bogut, Lee and Jao Wu back onto the floor. He had tried out Aaron Karl but Karl’s injury was hindering him too much. Kidd looked tired out on the floor and Iverson had shot the Stealth into the ground during the second quarter. Sit tugged Wu’s jersey as the rookie left the bench area.
“Play smart ok?” Sit asked him.
Wu reassured him, “Yes Coach.”
“Good,” Sit stated and gave him a high five.
The Stealth were down by 20 points but they didn’t put up much of a fight to close the quarter. Sit had his guys in the huddle again and grilled them.
“This is absolutely woeful!” Sit shouted, “I need the same guys back out there. It’s time to make it a game!”
Wu joined the others on the court again and this time he stood up. Wu used his lightning pace to push the ball up the floor and find his teammates with pinpoint passes; more than making up for a handful of terrible turnovers when he entered the game earlier in the night. Wu blitzed past Sessions and Gordon on consecutive plays, resulting in two Seattle buckets and the home crowd back on the side of their own team. The shining moment came when Wu drove to the lane and floated in the air as if time had stopped. He swung the ball around to evade the outstretched arms of Brandon Roy and let the ball go. It somehow bounced off the glass and in. Wu was on the ground and looked up as the crowd were going insane with the replay on the jumbotron. This was NBA playoff basketball at its most intense and although the Stealth still trailed by 11, everyone could feel the momentum shift. Wu went to the line and scored the free throw, making it a three point play. The lead was down to 10.
Sit beckoned for Iverson, “Go back on there for Wu.”
Iverson pulled off his tracksuit as Sit warned him, “No stupid shots or you’re being benched again.”
Iverson ignored him and walked over to the scorer’s table.

“You should have had me out there earlier,” Iverson boasted to Sit.
Iverson had just made three fast break layups in a row and the lead had been cut to 3 points with less than a minute remaining.
Sit stated, “Maybe if you take better shots, I’d keep you on the court.”
He shifted his focus back on the game, “We’re down by 3 now. It’s time to dig in deep. Let’s get out there and get a stop. And let’s get back into this game.”
Bogut, Lee, Durant, Ty, Iverson returned to the court after the timeout.
“Don’t foul the good shooters!” Sit shouted out; he knew that no one could hear him.
Roy strolled past Durant, “So much about a sweep.”
Durant shot back, “Wait till the end of the game to talk to me bitch.”
Play resumed and the Blazers shaved time off the clock. Ben Gordon drove to the bucket and took a hard hit. Sit had his arms on his head as Gordon went to the line.
“I told them not to foul the shooters!” Sit was mumbling to himself.
Everyone was on the edge of their seats as Gordon took the first free throw. It rolled in and out. The second one was even more excruciating as Gordon took a long time to get ready to shoot.
“He better not score,” Sit said to Coach Karl who nodded back.
Sheed covered his eyes with a clipboard. Gordon shot the basketball. The crowd was silent as the ball sailed through the air. A few seconds seemed like an eternity before the crowd erupted. The ball was short and Sit called a timeout.
“No mistakes here. It’s all about execution. I got one timeout left. Let’s get a bucket here and send them to the line. We will take a timeout and hopefully have a shot at winning or tying this ball game,” Sit instructed his players.
Durant returned to the floor and took a long jumper. His shot missed but David Lee grabbed the rebound. The veteran forward instinctively pivoted and connected with Durant on a pass. Durant put the ball to the ground and dribbled hard to the basket. He went up with a floater. It was good. The lead was 1 point with less than 3 seconds left. What happened next seemed surreal as Roy tired to beat the Stealth full court press with a full court pass to Carlos Boozer. The ball sailed over Boozer’s head and out of bounds. Sit called his last timeout.
“You know what to do,” Sit said to Durant.
Durant and Roy met on the court again and this time it was Durant’s turn to boast, “What the fuck was that shit? Now you get to see me hit this game winner.”
Roy was still hurting from his screw up, “Shut up and play.”
The two of them matched up on each other. The ref gave the ball to Lee. Durant pushed Roy out of the way and cut towards the ball. Lee passed him the rock and Durant caught it. He spun and jumped in the air. Durant took the turnaround jumper. There was little more than second left in the game. The ball left Durant’s fingertips.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 11: Game One

Postby |)e8* on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 pm

And it Misses haha
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Valor on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:56 pm

astonishing :applaud: game one nail-biter, this is going to be an epic series (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:02 am

I guess you missed it. :mrgreen:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby George7 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:33 am

wow!Hopefully it went in.Though if it misses you can beat them on the road easily and end this 4-1
George7

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:34 am

Blazers win... Don't let thus turn into Mavs vs Warriors 2007 please :lol:
Houndy

Postby Lamrock on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:47 am

Probably a miss, but either way sounds like a great game. Should be a fun series. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 am

Hopefully a buzzer-beater. Coming back from 20 points down in a playoff game is huge. (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby megarover on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 am

It would be ****** up if it missed. But then again that's exactly the kind of thing that would happen in one of your stories.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby dare on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 am

Prediction: the shot missed but Durant got fouled on the shot. Durant went on the freethrow but only nail one shot. The game goes to OT and the Stealth edge out the Blazers.

Just noticed you pick my sig over hova :D
dare
True kings have rings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame