A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Hornets v Stealth

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Valor wrote:hum? how come we got negative scores? since...

Sit wrote:Guess the team records. (3 points for each correct record. You lose 3 points for each incorrect guess)

no one guessed the team records? :?

Sit wrote:
Playoff Positioning Tipping

Get your tips in guys for and earn points that you will be able to use on your virtual player in this Association! Please participate even if your player has not appeared in this Association because it will be worthwhile. All rewards are listed below!

Scoring and Bonus Questions

+ 5 points for every correct seed
- 5 points for every incorrect seed
+ 20 points if you have all the seeds guessed correctly
+ 50 points if you have all the seeds guess correctly in both conferences

Your points will be carried into the postseason for our annual playoff tipping!

This is why I'm gonna be a lawyer. :cheeky:

I do apologize. I sorta wanted to see every fail. :P Anyways, it means more points on offer in postseason

However, I am opening draft class to any new entrants. Some of you guys who predicted don't have NLSCers. Last chance to enter! If you have not appeared in any updates so far, it means I have not included you yet!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Playoff Position Tipping Results

Postby Valor on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 pm

:doh: gee, and i want to be a lawyer...how could i have missed that :giveup:

oh, but dont you have to write a statement somewhere on the document that advices people to read the fine print or something? (contract law stuff?) or did i remember wrong? (havent started legal studies revision yet...)
Last edited by Valor on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Valor wrote::doh: gee, and i want to be a lawyer...how could i have missed that :giveup:

Cause I'm awesome.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote::doh: gee, and i want to be a lawyer...how could i have missed that :giveup:

Cause I'm awesome.

:lol: nicely done :applaud:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:45 am

oy! that hurts. i cant remember if i saw that or not. so i aint complaining. and i am in the paralegal program as well. lol!
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Houndy on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 am

Helll yeah, I didn't lose anything
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am

Houndy wrote:Helll yeah, I didn't lose anything

But you didn't win anything either. :P

Valor wrote:oh, but dont you have to write a statement somewhere on the document that advices people to read the fine print or something? (contract law stuff?) or did i remember wrong? (havent started legal studies revision yet...)

Well, what I have here is not exactly in really small text or hidden away so therefore I don't think it needs any warning like you would like. Perhaps if it was in a deceptive nature, it would require a warning. Just because you don't read instructions properly also does not act as a remedy. :P

However, as I said, there will be easier method of earning points for playoff predictions.

Playoff previews will be up later tonight!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Calling NLSCers to join

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 am

Lliach Dreading Date With Kings

LOS ANGELES, Apr 15 (AP) – Ray Lliach was hoping for a matchup against the New Orleans Hornets but instead was let down when he saw that tiebreakers led to the Clippers’ first round opponent becoming the Sacramento Kings instead.

“I’m not scared,” Lliach claims, “I’m just disappointed. I think anyone else would share my sentiments. Who wants to play against the Kings? I can be honest and say not me. Not in the first round at least.” The Clippers star PG added, “Moses (Chara) is a freak of nature. I hate playing against the Kings. He is the king.”

Lliach also revealed his pleasure of the Lakers’ failure to make the playoffs, “It was great to see those guys fail.”

Read More…

Praise For Leo Lai

DALLAS, Apr 15 (AP) – Dallas Mavericks captain Dirk Nowitzki has praised Leo Lai for how he handled being relegated to the bench behind Chris Douglas-Roberts at the start of the season. “I like how professional he was,” Nowitzki said, “This is why we got Kenneth (Dela Cruz) and Leo. These Asian guys know how to take criticism and work on getting better.”

When asked by Chinee media asked Steve Nash whether Lai had improved, Nash was full of praise for the youngster, “By leaps and bounds. Leo has improved so much over the season and I know that the coaching staff has been pleased. Leo wasn’t ready to start and you could see that he was overwhelmed a few months ago but I think that he is ready to play more of a role now.”

The Mavs open the playoffs against the New Orleans Hornets in New Orleans in two days time.

Read More…

Chris Hova Wants Starting Role

TORONTO, Apr 15 (AP) – German PG Chris Hova is anxious to be promoted to a starting spot with the Toronto Raptors. Entering the fourth and final year of his rookie deal next season Hova has made an ultimatum to the club: play him or lose him. His agent told news sources that his client had returned to Germany for a holiday before he will join the national team for duty.

“Chris is disappointed that he cannot crack the starting five. He did not mind backing up Jose Calderon because he respects him but in all due respect, Calderon’s best days are behind him and next season would be a good time to let Chris start for Toronto,” Hova’s agent said. He also outlined that if Hova were not to start for Toronto, there would be a good chance that Hova would request a trade. “To be honest, I do not believe that the Raptors value Chris Hova so why not move him to a team that will,” the agent added.

Read More…

Europe Comes Calling For The X

HOUSTON, Apr 15 (AP) – Plenty of European ball clubs are now chasing four year pro Andrew Watson. The former Denver Nugget with a cult following and affectionately called ‘The X’ has shown much displeasure with being in Houston. With little interest from other NBA clubs, Watson believes the time may be right to move across the Atlantic to greener pastures.

“I don’t feel valued here in the NBA anymore,” X stated, “My time in Denver provided me with some of the happiest moments in my life. We had a shot at winning it all but we choked every year. We had a great team; such is life. I blame Earl Smith (JR Smith) and Melo (Carmelo Anthony) for leaving.” Watson’s desires to move overseas may seem drastic but he revealed, “When Chauncey (Billups) got traded to Memphis, I knew that my time was up. I really don’t have anyone that close in the NBA anymore and there’s no fun playing in Houston.”

Among the teams interested in Watson are CSKA Moscow, Barcelona and Maccabi Tel Aviv. Rockets C Yao Ming is hoping that his teammate will stay, “I’m going to call him and try and convince him to stay in Houston. We need some good players like him.”

Read More…

Moore Remains Optimistic

NEW ORLEANS, Apr 15 (AP) – New Zealand SG Mark Moore is glad that he is out of Charlotte. For the first time since he was traded away by the struggling franchise, Moore has singled out former great Michael Jordan for the franchise’s lowly performance.

“I’m absolutely gutted that it had to come down to this,” Moore reveals, “But I will tell you what. Michael Jordan is arrogant and doesn’t take advice well. He has to do everything his way and I don’t know why the Bobcats have kept him in his position for so long. It’s a shame and we should have made the playoffs for crying out loud. We just needed some more depth and MJ really held us back by making some stupid picks (in NBA drafts).”

Moore is happier in New Orleans and especially for the fact that he is working with fellow Kiwi Sean Marks. Marks is part of the coaching team and has helped his compatriot settle in. Moore also thanked PG Chris Paul for welcoming him to the team, “Chris has been very supportive of me. I am grateful that I finally get to play with a real leader.” Moore stated that he had high spirits and believed his side could make the NBA Finals, “We will probably need to beat the Kings and the Stealth but we can do that.”

Read More…

Young Wolves Look To Future

MINNESOTA, Apr 15 (AP) – Janis Kalnins and Manfred Nissley became good friends over the NBA season and the two young NBA players are looking forward to the future of Timberwolves basketball. The trading away of Al Jefferson ushered in a new era for Minnesota and the days of Kevin Garnett are now definitely far away in the past.

The Wolves’ brass remain optimistic that underdog talents and team players like Kalnins and Nissley can get the job done and help them return to postseason play. The pair is confident they can help with that cause. “I like Minnesota,” Kalnins said, “We play like a European team. I think that’s the right way to play basketball.” Nissley added, “We’re not the most talented group of players in the NBA but I think that we have an ethos that we stick to. We help each other help by carrying one another. It’s a beautiful thing we have in Minnesota; nearly as beautiful as the lakes.”

Nissley has become a fan favourite for his quirky nature whilst Kalnins has garnered comparisons to Dallas Mavericks F Dirk Nowitzki after a successful rookie seasons.

Read More…

Trying To Break The Slump

MILWAUKEE, Apr 15 (AP) – Six weeks ago, Liam Washburn was on par to beat Rudy Fernandez’s rookie three point shots made record of 159. Washburn was on 130 through 62 games. What happened next?

Washburn went on a stretch of ice-cold shooting and finished the season with just 135 three pointers made. His scoring numbers didn’t drop as he kept his production solid but his game changed as his dislocated finger posed more of a problem as time wore on. Wearing a brace for the games, Lakers veteran Kobe Bryant even called ‘L-Train’ up with some advice.

“I’ve hated Kobe since I was young but he really won me over by calling me and giving me some tips,” Washburn recalls, “He gave me tips on changing up my game and really putting more focus on playing more of a midrange game. The finger (injury) restricts my range and I had to adapt.” Washburn had some terrible shooting nights and entering the playoffs in what should be a tight series against the Miami Heat, he will have to be on top of his game. “I’m working hard to be ready,” Washburn said, “Jay (Gray) needs me to open up the floor for him with my shooting,” the rookie stated.

Read More…

Albano Hated By Rubio

INDIANA, Apr 15 (AP) – Indiana Pacers sixth man Albano Spagnoletti managed to achieve the impossible this season and that is to get on the bad side of Spanish maestro Ricky Rubio. The Argentine SG was told by Rubio to go away in colourful language in the team’s end-pf-season function and the two were later seen in a scuffle at the bar.

The fight started after Rubio made fun of Spagnoletti for playing games on his phone instead of engaging with other members of the team. Rubio also taunted his team mate for disappearing in important moments down the stretch in crucial games before blaming him for the team’s failure to make the playoffs. The pair had to be broken up after they were engaged in a fisticuff.

Rubio later wrote on his blog, ‘Showboat (Spagnoletti) is a quitter. I have no respect for him. He is dirty, weird, and I hate him. Everyone hates (Sasha) Vujacic (be)cause she's a woman but this (A)rgentina guy takes strange to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!!’ Rubio, Spagnoletti and the Pacers could not be contacted for comment.

Read More…

I did this update because NLSCers have not been featured much. Thanks for continuing to follow NLSC classes of 09, 10, 12!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSC FOCUS

Postby Houndy on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 am

Rubio is cold :lol:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:15 am

Sucks about the shooting slump. Raw stats are still good enough to be the ROY because of my ball-hoggery (thanks for the advice Kobe!) so its all good. FEAR THE DEER
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Houndy wrote:Rubio is cold :lol:

Don't you love the drama?

Lamrock wrote:Sucks about the shooting slump. Raw stats are still good enough to be the ROY because of my ball-hoggery (thanks for the advice Kobe!) so its all good. FEAR THE DEER

Kobe doesn't like to waste time on players with no talent. (Y) Let's see if you can help the Bucks get out of the first round!
Fresh8

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:55 pm

The Budget (A Mennonite and Amish newspaper (gossip paper) that comes out once a week)
by Jeff Harlow
I recently had a brief encounter with an NBA player in the Minneapolis airport. His name is Manfred Nissley. I have been following him since he made it to the NBA due to him being a Mennonite. We were able to have a sit down interview while he waited on his flight to go visit his mother and sister in Virginia.

JH: Hello Manfred how are you doing?

MN: While I am sad our team just missed the playoffs, I am glad to have some down time. I miss my mom and the folks in VA.

JH: Tell me about your family.

MN: Sorry that would need to be off the record if I told you. However there may be a book about my life sometime in the future.

JH: Fair enough. I know you are not married. Is there a lady in the picture?

MN: I am afraid there is no lady on the immediate horizon however there are a few young ladies in the menno circles that I am interested in. However I doubt they would be interested in me. So I will probably remain a bachelor until my dying day.

JH: Does being a bachelor concern you"

MN: When I was a young lad it did. Now I am almost glad I am not married.

JH: What is your opinion on the ladies that hang around guys like you.

MN: Ladies? What ladies? All I see are whores and sluts. I run away from them just like Joseph in the Bible. And believe me a few of them have tried to entrap me in order to bring lawsuits against me for things that never happened. Its funny watching their plans unravel before they ever get to court and they land in jail. Everyone knows I don't go to bars. My life is an open book and these whores that attempt anything suddenly find cameras trained on them.

JH: Mennos say you must forgive them. What happens after they lad in jail.

MN: I just decline to press charges. After that they just leave me alone and they warn other women to do the same.

JH: You and Kahlnis have a large following in Minny. Do you feel He is steeling your thunder?

MN: NO WAY! I am glad Kahlnis is here. Our teamwork will make us a formidable team once we get one more piece here.

JH: Who is your favorite player in the nba right now?

MN: Me! Just kidding! I like Ty. He reminds me of how I was affected by my past. I have had a few regrets from my past. Thankfully they have been washed by the blood of the Lamb.

JH: I am glad to know that you are still a christin.

MN: Don't worry, nothing can shake my faith. I am going to welcome the persecution that is to come in a few years.

JH: Oh? Care to explain what you mean?

MN: All I can say is, "Read Revelation."

JH: I love Revelation as well. What are you plans for when you eventually retire?

MN: I would like to buy the Wizards and move them to Alaska and rename them the Northern Lights.

JH: Um, ok. Well you are known for your eccentricity, what do you say to those who say you are too odd for the NBA?

MN: Dis es de vay I vant it! I be in de oppozete deetch of de road from Dennis Rodman.

JH: (insert laughter) OK. Well i think I heard your flight being called, I had better let you go.

MN: Eeets beeen great talkin wid ye. Up! Up! and avay!

And that is the oddity Manfred Nissley.

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
puttincomputers

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 pm

THANK YOU MANFRED!

For your efforts, I award you +50 points. That puts you on +20 and in good stead for the upcoming predictions. If anyone else would like to put up an article for this dynasty, you are welcome to.
Fresh8

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:04 pm

you are welcome! and thank you for the points. (Y) :cool:

puttincomputers

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 pm

puttincomputers wrote:you are welcome! and thank you for the points. (Y) :cool:

Don't lose them all in the next tipping comp. :P
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

puttincomputers wrote:MN: I am afraid there is no lady on the immediate horizon however there are a few young ladies in the menno circles that I am interested in. However I doubt they would be interested in me. So I will probably remain a bachelor until my dying day.

cough*cough*gay*cough*cough*
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Dirk and Nash knows what they're talking about (Y) Hopefully I can help my ballclub in beating the Hornets

I might post an article later if i have time, little practice for creative writing i guess :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Looking forward to an article from you Valor. I'd prefer that it's not about Leo Lai. More points for writing about something else. :P
Fresh8

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
puttincomputers wrote:MN: I am afraid there is no lady on the immediate horizon however there are a few young ladies in the menno circles that I am interested in. However I doubt they would be interested in me. So I will probably remain a bachelor until my dying day.

cough*cough*gay*cough*cough*

more like too weird. as in Autistic. And trust me if I would tell you my past life you would agree i am not gay.

puttincomputers

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 pm

cough*cough*gaylies*cough*cough
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 pm

That is like saying Phil Jackson is a Christian. And that kobe is virgin.

puttincomputers

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Sit wrote:Looking forward to an article from you Valor. I'd prefer that it's not about Leo Lai. More points for writing about something else. :P

Mavericks? :P I'm thinking of focusing on the upcoming playoff run, would that warrant a "something else" category?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Looking forward to an article from you Valor. I'd prefer that it's not about Leo Lai. More points for writing about something else. :P

Mavericks? :P I'm thinking of focusing on the upcoming playoff run, would that warrant a "something else" category?

You will get the designated 50 points. :P
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

lol fine fine, i'll write about something else
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

lol fine fine, i'll write about something else

You're desperate for extra points. :P Must be the itch to be a starter?
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame