A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - James v Chara

Postby Houndy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Kick Chara's ass :D
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 am

Justine. wrote:<3 Chara

He is the most hated player in the NBA. :P

Houndy66 wrote:Kick Chara's ass :D

Too bad I'm controlling the West All-Stars this season and not the East.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Lamrock on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I like Chara. As long as he doesn't take his talents to South Beach, I'm a fan. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 pm

Lamrock wrote:I like Chara. As long as he doesn't take his talents to South Beach, I'm a fan. (Y)

When did everyone start liking him? oh gosh... he's supposed to be less likable than the infamous Durant!
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Eh, Chara's kind of a dick (kinda what you want in a star - see Kobe), while Durant is actually a horrible person. Chara's the Kobe to Durant's LeBron.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Chara called Sasha a woman. Not even Kobe could bring himself to do that! :P
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:57 pm

That's it. Trade KD for Chara! :bowdown:
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:17 pm

Lamrock wrote:That's it. Trade KD for Chara! :bowdown:

You're forgetting that Ty and Chara were college rivals? :P
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:51 pm

I prefer Chara>KD
and Ty and Chara can forget the past... :D
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby hova- on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Haha, nice battle. Chara's da man of this Dynasty.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:40 pm

De8 wrote:I prefer Chara>KD
and Ty and Chara can forget the past... :D

No, doubt it. Too bad that Ty is pretty much irrelevant in this virtual NBA. He's not the star he was at the Tar Heels...

hova- wrote:Haha, nice battle. Chara's da man of this Dynasty.

Was a good battle! All-Star Game recap coming soon!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:41 am

Chara Loses Game For West, James Wins MVP
15 February, 2013
Preview | Box Score | Recap | Highlights

SACRAMENTO (AP) – Moses Chara scored 17 points by half time, then had 24 at the end of the third quarter. He would finish on 24 as he went scoreless in the final quarter of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and produced an embarrassing final quarter display in front of an adoring crowd in his home stadium. Chara’s 6 missed shots hurt the Western Conference chances to win the tussle with the East and it was 2 late three point attempts from Chara that really killed off any chance of a comeback win.

Cleveland Cavalier and reigning NBA MVP LeBron James made good on his promise to lead the East to victory. The King finished with 24 points to match Chara; the difference between the two was that James was a threat for the whole game.

“Did all of you see him (Chara) choke?” James proudly boasted after the game, “That’s not what a real king does. A real king brings his team a win. That’s what I did tonight.” Chara blamed his team mates for the loss, “I had no help from my team mates tonight. I had some lousy players on my team like those two guys from Seattle. Kobe is old, the forwards all sucked. At least that fool (James) has D Wade and Dwight Howard.”

Chara also defended his two late three pointers and the two baseline jumpers beforehand that were both blocked, “They were good looks. I make them all the time. The East got lucky. They know I’m the best player in the world.”

James did get a lot of help from Andre Iguodala and Dwayne Wade as each player finished with 22 points apiece. Dwight Howard nearly had a double double with 14 points and 9 rebounds while Rajon Rondo added 11 points (5-14 FG). The Western Conference saw seven players in double figures; Chara (24), Andrew Bogut (12), Kobe Bryant (12), Brandon Roy (11), Deron Williams (11), Kevin Love (10) and Kevin Durant (10).

James kicked off the festivities with a three pointer and then a dunk. The East would jump out to a 9-0 lead before Chara knocked down a three pointer to add the West’s first points of the game. The Eastern Conference were the stronger squad from the start as they took a 13 point lead. NBA leading scorer Durant came on to give Chara a rest and at the instruction of his Coach, Will Sit, Durant scored back to back buckets and keyed a 10-0 scoring run for the West. Uath Jazz PF Donnell Lawrence was strong defensively, altering plenty of shots, and as a result the West finished the quarter just 6 points behind.

The game was close at halftime with Chara continuing his fine form. Wade led the East with 15 with James (11) and Iguodala (10) not far behind. The Eastern Conference stayed ahead with the Western Conference forced to play catch up for the whole game. Deron Williams hit three triples to keep the West in the game during the third quarter and had it not been for his pull up long range bombs, the West would have faced a rather steep climb to get back into it.

The final quarter saw the East take another double digit lead before a fierce West comeback saw the game become a close one in the waning moments. Reshawn Tyson’s 2 free throws brought the West within 1 with 1:52 remaining but Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo and LeBron James all scored promptly to push the lead back up to 7. Kobe Bryant showed that he still had it in him to keep his team in it as he made a daring drive to the hoop and later sunk a fade away. However, Washington Wizards SG Gilbert Arenas scored 4 free throws to keep the team ahead by 7 with 20 seconds left and effectively sealing the win.

After being awarded the All-Star MVP award, James turned around and looked for Chara. The two had to be separated as they argued their way towards the tunnel leading to the team locker rooms. “It was pretty hostile out there,” Wade said, “I don’t think Chara likes to lose to LeBron. We all know that LeBron is better than Chara. I’ve played with both of them and I must say that LeBron and Kevin (Durant) are much better players than Chara.” Howard echoed the opinion of Wade, “I don’t want to get involved but I have got to say that Moses Chara is a nice guy and all that but he’s not really as good as he thinks he is.”

Notes: Memphis Grizzlies PF Martti Must was replaced by Phoenix Suns PF Kevin Love in the starting lineup… Seattle Stealth SG Reshawn Tyson made his All-Star debut and finished with 8 points… New Orleans Hornets PG Chris Paul led the game in assists with 8… Next season’s All-Star Game will be hosted in New Orleans…

NBA All-Star Game Photos
Preview | Box Score | Recap | Highlights

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - 2013 NBA All-Star Game

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:47 am

Nice recap. (Y) Chara scoreless in the 4th, wow.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:53 am

How'd you get the jerseys? :shock: Nice recap
Houndy

Postby Lamrock on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:27 am

Weird seeing those New Orleans all-star game jerseys. Nawlins used to have the most unique jerseys in the league (until they decided to make their's a Magic/Nuggets hybrid...)

Sad to see Chara blow it and the West lose. :(
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:32 am

So that's what they were. They look so cool D=
Were those the default? Or did you edit them?
Houndy

Postby Martti. on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:00 am

Chara, you can't do it without me.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 am

Thierry. wrote:Nice recap. (Y) Chara scoreless in the 4th, wow.

Yep, he's really hard to control... pretty slow... kept getting blocked. :lol:

ChrisO0 wrote:Nice recap and the jerseys are great!

Thanks man! Glad to see you post. Your rookie is in the next draft! :)

Lamrock wrote:Weird seeing those New Orleans all-star game jerseys. Nawlins used to have the most unique jerseys in the league (until they decided to make their's a Magic/Nuggets hybrid...)

Sad to see Chara blow it and the West lose. :(

West trailed all game. I should have used Durant, Ty, Roy more but since it was in Sacramento, thought I should give Chara more burn... too bad it didn't work out. :(

Houndy66 wrote:So that's what they were. They look so cool D=
Were those the default? Or did you edit them?

They're in the game man. I'm on Xbox so no editing! :P

Martti. wrote:Chara, you can't do it without me.

Chara doesn't like you cause you're a Tar Heel. He said 'fuck you!'
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 am

Al Jefferson Dealt To Sacramento

February 19, 2013

SACRAMENTO (AP) – The Sacramento Kings looks ready to contend for an NBA title this playoffs after trading second leading scorer Kevin Martin and power forward Nick Collison for All-Star calibre post player Al Jefferson.

There had been heavy resistance from the Kings for the past few weeks due to their reluctance to part with Martin who has become a fan favourite since being drafted by the Kings in 2004. The uncertainty behind whether Martin would return to the Kings after his contract expires this season and the opportunity to acquire a low-post player to bolster a very thin frontcourt were mitigating factors in finalising the trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Kings SF Moses Chara was delighted with the news, “It’s unfortunate to see Kevin leave but Al Jefferson is a heck of a player. He will fit in really well with our team.” Jefferson told reporters this morning, “I am very excited to join the Kings. They were in the NBA Finals last year and I hope that I can be the final piece to help win the championship.”

Read More…

- - -

Chris Bosh Staying Put Again

February 19, 2013

TORONTO (AP) – In another anti-climatic NBA draft deadline for the Toronto Raptors, PF Chris Bosh was unable to be dealt. This is the fourth straight season in which Bosh had been included in intense trade speculation. Bosh joked about his most recent failure to be traded out of town, “I guess no one wants me.”

Bosh’s potential suitors included the Seattle Stealth, Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors and Dallas Mavericks. The All-Star stated that he would not be surprised if he were traded during the upcoming Summer. However, he also said he would not be surprised if he wasn’t. “The team seems to be shopping me around but haven’t found any takers. I guess that’s business,” Bosh said. He also reflected on his form, “I’m playing harder than I did when I was younger so I’m not sure why the Raptors don’t want me anymore.”

It was reported that the Raptors considered a number of proposals but rejected all of them. They concluded that they were in no rush to deal Bosh and were not fussed that he is apparently lazy and cruising in games because ‘he puts bums in seats.’

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - BLOCKBUSTER TRADE!

Postby Houndy on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:55 am

Nice
Houndy

Postby hova- on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Good deal for the Kings and their "real" King. Bad to see him fucking it up in the ASG. But his teammates just sucked :D I really want to say how cool this thing still is, this is really a DYNASTY, because you are up to build a fictional 5-10 year stretch which could be seen as a real part of NBA history. Lovin it ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:52 pm

hova- wrote:Good deal for the Kings and their "real" King. Bad to see him fucking it up in the ASG. But his teammates just sucked :D I really want to say how cool this thing still is, this is really a DYNASTY, because you are up to build a fictional 5-10 year stretch which could be seen as a real part of NBA history. Lovin it ;)

Seconded. This is truly something special you've created. This is truly the epitome of a great dynasty, and is the dynasty bar.
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 pm

So the bad news to Durant and Ty was that the Kings got Big Al? Damn you, I thought maybe Durant was go e or smtg.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:22 pm

No idea what Durant's bad news is, but this is not Ty's
Lamrock

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Mr. Bogut will take care of Jeffe.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame