Retro Mod 1997 Add-on V.II Released (new DH and Kobe prev)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Retro Mod 1997 Add-on V.II Released

Postby wody on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm

suirad wrote:
wody wrote:wow suriad :applaud: it will be great if you can share this! :D 95 96 and 96 97 are the best rosters ever for me

no doubt wody i will if i get the word. ive been tweaking it too with correct draft info as well and years pro for all players i even worked on a few cfs not seen in any mods. i would like these mods to continue even once we get 2k11. it would be a shame to let all this good work just stop because a new game comes out in the series. for those that play live they are still dropping new mods on older versions even when live was being made new for pc every year. i just hope us 2k guys develop the same way here (Y)

yes I hope that too,because 96 mod and 97 mod will be install on my pc forever!even I will play 2k11 for sure,but I hope too that this mods will be alive,Is a dream to play this mods I remenber when I was I kid playing nba live 97 I always hope that one day someone made something like this :D I be so gratefull to peaple like you,clark,ilyas,juan....all the people who work in it,thanks a lot!and I dont want to forget jam leik for this 2k3 mod I hope that someone could help him with the courts,I enjoy so much this year and I will enjoy this years to come :applaud: :applaud:
wody

Postby suirad on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:14 pm

wody wrote:
suirad wrote:
wody wrote:wow suriad :applaud: it will be great if you can share this! :D 95 96 and 96 97 are the best rosters ever for me

no doubt wody i will if i get the word. ive been tweaking it too with correct draft info as well and years pro for all players i even worked on a few cfs not seen in any mods. i would like these mods to continue even once we get 2k11. it would be a shame to let all this good work just stop because a new game comes out in the series. for those that play live they are still dropping new mods on older versions even when live was being made new for pc every year. i just hope us 2k guys develop the same way here (Y)

yes I hope that too,because 96 mod and 97 mod will be install on my pc forever!even I will play 2k11 for sure,but I hope too that this mods will be alive,Is a dream to play this mods I remenber when I was I kid playing nba live 97 I always hope that one day someone made something like this :D I be so gratefull to peaple like you,clark,ilyas,juan....all the people who work in it,thanks a lot!and I dont want to forget jam leik for this 2k3 mod I hope that someone could help him with the courts,I enjoy so much this year and I will enjoy this years to come :applaud: :applaud:

u and i both my friend. we have come along way from the nintendo genisis and playstation days. i went out and bought nba live 08 just for the huge retro mod dropped in those forums for retro. im playin the 85-86 season on it wit courts cybers and portraits 100 percent. its amazing. thats why i keep working everyday to get better at patching cause i want 2k to eventually come to that level of patching. im sure we will get there with the talent and love that exsists in these forums. and i want to thank u cause its guys like you and myself i think about when patching. the amount of passion for retro is unparalled just 2 years ago i was just a guy that new nothing about patching but with a little hard work and dedication id like to think i made some improvements over time but really its cause guys like you enjoy our work and thats what keeps me going
suirad

Postby BackB0ard on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 pm

forgive me if this has been asked before, I have backread but cant find the answer, but is there a version of this patch with the playstation contoller icons instead?
BackB0ard

Postby Angelo on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 pm

BackB0ard wrote:forgive me if this has been asked before, I have backread but cant find the answer, but is there a version of this patch with the playstation contoller icons instead?

You need to download a global.iff file with edited playstation icons

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=69467&hilit=playstation+icons
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby BackB0ard on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 pm

thanks kris, but does this 97 mod make changes to the global.iff? aside from the controller icons, I mean, like leg gear and accessories. If I use the global.iff of the link you posted, does that mean that the custom accessories included with this 97 mod will be overwritten too?
BackB0ard

Postby regret on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:52 am

suirad wrote:i went out and bought nba live 08 just for the huge retro mod dropped in those forums for retro. im playin the 85-86 season on it wit courts cybers and portraits 100 percent

I hope someone makes a late 80s mod for 2k11. -coughclarkmylovecough- :) I think that'd be amazing. I think if we get a late 80s mod, 91-92 mod and 97-98 mod, I'll be fully happy with 2K11 haha.

Right now I'm too busy enjoying this mod to really care, haha.
regret

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Kris wrote:
BackB0ard wrote:forgive me if this has been asked before, I have backread but cant find the answer, but is there a version of this patch with the playstation contoller icons instead?

You need to download a global.iff file with edited playstation icons

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=69467&hilit=playstation+icons

actually Kris its Gamedata.iff
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:37 pm

regret wrote:
suirad wrote:i went out and bought nba live 08 just for the huge retro mod dropped in those forums for retro. im playin the 85-86 season on it wit courts cybers and portraits 100 percent

I hope someone makes a late 80s mod for 2k11. -coughclarkmylovecough- :) I think that'd be amazing. I think if we get a late 80s mod, 91-92 mod and 97-98 mod, I'll be fully happy with 2K11 haha.

Right now I'm too busy enjoying this mod to really care, haha.

dude 2k11 will be out in 33 days i highly doubt that any roster like that will be worked on until the new one comes out
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby regret on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:46 pm

That's what I meant. When 2K11 comes out, I hope someone makes those at some point haha.
regret

Postby StompTheCourt on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:22 am

regret wrote:That's what I meant. When 2K11 comes out, I hope someone makes those at some point haha.

of course they will since there will be 80's teams already there they have something perfect to work off of so i wouldn't doubt it for
a second :mrgreen: :cheeky:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby PaCmAc on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:27 am

RAMONE!!// ur rodman is so nice. can u rlz it?
PaCmAc

Postby RAMONE!! on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:59 am

PaCmAc wrote:RAMONE!!// ur rodman is so nice. can u rlz it?

The Rodman that I use is made by R4zor, here is his thread (with different hair styles to choose :D ): http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=74411&p=1248494&hilit=RODMAN#p1248494
:headbang: :headbang:
RAMONE!!

Postby Mr.Xcitement96 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:36 am

@RAMONE!! Thanks a bunch for the startup...you nailed it... :applaud: (Y)
Mr.Xcitement96

Postby regret on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:50 pm

STOMPTHECOURT wrote:
regret wrote:That's what I meant. When 2K11 comes out, I hope someone makes those at some point haha.

of course they will since there will be 80's teams already there they have something perfect to work off of so i wouldn't doubt it for

Man I really hope so, haha! I actually went and bought a cheap copy of NBA Live 08, despite not being a fan of the Live series, just so I could play Paxson-for-3's huge retro mod.
Playing as the 85-86 Celtics is insanely fun.
regret

Postby PaCmAc on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:41 am

RAMONE!! wrote:
PaCmAc wrote:RAMONE!!// ur rodman is so nice. can u rlz it?

The Rodman that I use is made by R4zor, here is his thread (with different hair styles to choose :D ): http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=74411&p=1248494&hilit=RODMAN#p1248494
:headbang: :headbang:

Big thx bro :lol: :lol: very kind~ thanks :lol:
PaCmAc

Postby LittleMan on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:01 am

regret wrote:
STOMPTHECOURT wrote:

Man I really hope so, haha! I actually went and bought a cheap copy of NBA Live 08, despite not being a fan of the Live series, just so I could play Paxson-for-3's huge retro mod.

hey man in 2k11 they are only gonna have the celtics and the hawks if u want 80's fun ..so to do a whole era from scratch pretty much thats a lot of work for some corny 80's era at least the 90's will happen a lot faster because many teams will b there already
LittleMan

Postby INDEED on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 am

I concur, the 97 and 91 retro mods are basically all I play now. I love association mode, and never play a "quick" game. I'm all about stats and tracking, its kind of an OCD thing. At anyrate I find myself leaning towards 91 more as it has an included 92 draft class! So i can keep on going with association mode with real awesome retro rookies the following season.

What would be nice would be to have numerous draft rosters that follow the correct time table. I will find myself just restarting the association after the 92 season *shaqs rookie year, alonzo etc* simply because the rookies will be all muddled up.

Hopefully with 2k11 having "legend" teams that would add the amount of "changeable" players or iff's that can be used thus being able to create an ongoing correct retro draft sequence for us association guys.

I need to put aside some spare time and make an effort on learning how to use the available modding tools to be of some use.

Thanks again for everyones hard work across the forum, not only on this mod but for all the others. kenfly is the man, i still play the 2k9 mod that he put up for the bulls.

Nate
\m/ o(>_<)o \m/ Music is a companion in pleasure, a remedy in sorrow http://www.myspace.com/indeed317
INDEED

Re: Retro Mod 1997 Add-on V.II Released (new DH and Kobe pre

Postby nikonix04 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:08 pm

any draftclass realese??
nikonix04

Postby lorenz09 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 pm

amazing dwight and kobe :crazyeyes: :bowdown:
lorenz09

Postby wody on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:51 pm

nice kobe and howard! (Y) (Y)
wody

Postby regret on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:32 pm

LittleMan wrote:
regret wrote:
STOMPTHECOURT wrote:

hey man in 2k11 they are only gonna have the celtics and the hawks if u want 80's fun ..so to do a whole era from scratch pretty much thats a lot of work for some corny 80's era at least the 90's will happen a lot faster because many teams will b there already

I'm not sure I see what's corny about a lot of legendary players and soon-to-be legendary players like Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic J, Isiah Thomas, MJ, Julius Erving, McHale, Olajuwon, Moses Malone, and so on and so forth.

I'm a huge 90s fan, and I get where you're coming from about the work factor in making an entire era. But I know there's a lot of people here (I'm sure some in which that are patchers) that would love to see some 80s action in 2K11. I know I'd love to play as a lot of those players that weren't around for the 90s.

I don't mean any offense with this post, haha. Just saying. Like I said, I totally get it man. :D

Oh and to get back on track! :oops: clarkmylove, amazing work on DH12 and Kobe. As always, your cf's are amazing!
regret

Postby KobeZoom24 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:31 pm

sir Kobe look so funky :bowdown: , also D-Howard is awesome...maybe a bit too yellow but great!
bro could you trying too an actual version of Kobe please? :roll:
KobeZoom24

Postby Tha King on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:18 pm

kobe kills me :D really those bro !
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby MassDaGod on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:59 am

for the last time:

THESE ARE THE 1996-1997 NEW LOOK NEW YORK KNICKS JERSEYS!!

AND NOT THIS!!!

V
V
V

THESE ARE FROM 1996.^^^^^

THEY CHANGED THE JERSEYS FOR THE 1996-1997 SEASON AND ADDED A BIG BLACK STRIPE W/ LITTLE ORANGE STRIPES ON THE SIDE.

PLEASE SOMEBODY GET THIS RIGHT!
MassDaGod

Postby formx on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:32 am

MassDaGod wrote:for the last time:

THESE ARE THE 1996-1997 NEW LOOK NEW YORK KNICKS JERSEYS!!

AND NOT THIS!!!

V
V
V

THESE ARE FROM 1996.^^^^^

THEY CHANGED THE JERSEYS FOR THE 1996-1997 SEASON AND ADDED A BIG BLACK STRIPE W/ LITTLE ORANGE STRIPES ON THE SIDE.

PLEASE SOMEBODY GET THIS RIGHT!

Be patient they are probably working on it.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding