REDitor (Current v. 1.1.2).

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

What do you consider to be the most important additions (choose from both released and planned)?

Editable Jerseys and Courts
24%
Editable Association, MyPlayer file types
37%
Editable Draft Classes, Exported Teams file types
21%
TURK scripting system
3%
Row filtering, dynamic linkage, Global Editor and other interface features
7%
Video and text tutorials
5%
Localizations of REDitor to other languages
3%

Total votes : 307

Re: REDitor Released! (Current v. 0.4.0.1)

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:14 am

cos im just have edited dunks for players,and after that roster was ruined.all player names are totaly distructed

Tell me exactly what U have done. And what is the roster version? Because I don't have any problem with this. And even more... dunks and names aren't introconnected at all...
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby m@rcus83 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:15 am

thanks for great editor but i cant change players team? is this possible?
m@rcus83

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 am

Not yet. They are stored in teams' records. I haven't coped with them yet.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby m@rcus83 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:24 am

ok thnks for answer (Y)
m@rcus83

Postby Toaster on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:26 am

Hi, there seems to be no corralation between the cf/portrait # displayed in the editor and the texture# in the portraits.iff file, is there something i am missing?
Toaster

Postby guigou on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 am

after edit some names in benk names of the editor and change the roster gave error, what have I done wrong?
guigou

Postby Look my voice to LP on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:47 am

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:
cos im just have edited dunks for players,and after that roster was ruined.all player names are totaly distructed

Tell me exactly what U have done. And what is the roster version? Because I don't have any problem with this. And even more... dunks and names aren't introconnected at all...

я просто нашел игроков,у которых нужно изменить номер данка (вначале ты зделал пост со списком данков,и номерами)
например нашел тима данкана,поставил ему номер данка t.dunсan и так еще 4м игрокам.после каждого раза нажимал сохранить)
и все
изменял я способом,нажал - вписал

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
теперь Шак - Иакуба Иавара ахахахаххахахахахах
ImageImage
I am godfather of the Paint
Look my voice to LP

Postby BrotherJRB on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am

Nice. I would love to be able to edit team and arena names (it doesn't look like we can assign the name ID yet correct? I would like to name the Utah Jazz the Utah Mountains and the New Orleans Hornets the New Orleans Jazz).

I am going to run some tests tonight.

Fellow NLSC members please donate to this good man.

As soon as I get paid next week I got some dough for you!
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby Kova19 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 am

Look my voice to LP wrote:
Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:

я просто нашел игроков,у которых нужно изменить номер данка (вначале ты зделал пост со списком данков,и номерами)
например нашел тима данкана,поставил ему номер данка t.dunсan и так еще 4м игрокам.после каждого раза нажимал сохранить)
и все

I have the same problem.. All I did was copied Rubio instead of Bobby Jackson and saved it..

After opening editor again and changing to 'bank of names' it says error: "list index out of bounds (-1)"

Help Vlad!
Last edited by Kova19 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kova19

Postby totemx on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:15 am

Search button doesn't work 4 me :(
totemx

Postby guigou on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:21 am

totemx wrote:Search button doesn't work 4 me :(

here also
guigou

Postby Kova19 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:22 am

guigou wrote:

here also

It works.. You have to write exact name you are looking for.. for example, search for: 'Rubio', not 'rubio'..
Kova19

Postby guigou on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:30 am

Kova19 wrote:
guigou wrote:

here also

It works.. You have to write exact name you are looking for.. for example, search for: 'Rubio', not 'rubio'..

ok man good thanks
guigou

Postby guigou on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:40 am

after changing the names of bank names and save the file when I try to load again the above error happens ... I'm using the latest roster .... can someone help?
guigou

Postby CHNxiaoju on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 am

thank u for your amazing tool,bro.
i really hope you could try on editing teams which may be ignored.if we could edit teams for example team colors,like creating teams in game,we can make the headband color be changed,we can see Oj mayo with yellow sleeve :D also we can change team socks white or black,change team jersey style(some jerseys are with round neck,some are with V neck)and so on.Hope u could consider about it. :D
CHNxiaoju

Postby guigou on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Important Note: If you wish to open roster, based on official, which was released before 22 of October (or if U just have "Access violation error" ))) - create file named "Config.txt" in the same folder with .exe file and put down "1261" inside this file.
To open new rosters - delete this file or put "1262" inside, unless U won't be able to see the last player on the roster.

I can not understand how someone who could understand leveling the 2 types of config file so we can download?
guigou

Postby *RAGE*StC on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 pm

*RAGE*StC, I'm not sure about the video tutorial. But I'll try to cope with the numbers. There might be 2 things: wait for the patch... or delete them somewhere else (from team's retired nums section) from the roster...

thanks man i appreciate that i am not sure how to do those things so if you could make it possible with the editor that would be great...oh and how do i donate? do have a pay pal or something...where are you from because i am from the United States and i hope that American money will be a bit more in your currency... let me know and thanks again for responding (Y)
*RAGE*StC

Postby NastyNacho1 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:Version has just been updated. Read the Important Note... More flexibility will be added "more days later" ))) as older version of roster is not modern enough ))

PS: NastyNacho1, thx, but I like Chuvashian language more, than Russian. ;)

sry they didnt have a Chuvashian to English translation :lol: :mrgreen:
NastyNacho1

Postby SkyLine03LT on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:46 pm

Can you make it work with .CMG please? (my player) I need to change D-Wade's number, because he wears 24 in the game for some reason :D
SkyLine03LT
Walrus

Postby guigou on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:16 pm

ask for help again ... I'm using the latest version of the roster and continue with the access violation error anyone know the solution?
guigou

Postby wonderBOi on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 pm

wow! this is just awesome! (Y) (Y)

however, can you add this in the future versions?
- teams category
- able to sort ascending or descending
- height values in "feet"
- more organized menu
- no hex values
- player's portrait inside the editor??? (i hope so)
- ability to do copy & paste
- ability to copy the whole values of one column (duplicate a player in short)
- right click menu (rename, copy, paste, etc)
- able to add new column???
- hopefully, a stunning menu design :D

for the first version...this is very very very good! :wink:
wonderBOi

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 am

Hi, there seems to be no corralation between the cf/portrait # displayed in the editor and the texture# in the portraits.iff file, is there something i am missing?

The game uses the same ID for both CF and Portrait (not 2 different IDs, as it was in 2K9)... If there is no portrait with this ID, but there is a CF, game uses default "no photo" portrait.

after edit some names in benk names of the editor and change the roster gave error, what have I done wrong?

THere can be some issues with Bank Of Names... the first thing is - don't change the length...

и все

Странно... я наугад менял несколким игрокам Дакнпаки, всё вроде бы было нормально. Скорее всего, у тебя версия ростер до 22 октября. Это так? Хотя и на ней вроде всё нормально было...

Nice. I would love to be able to edit team and arena names (it doesn't look like we can assign the name ID yet correct? I would like to name the Utah Jazz the Utah Mountains and the New Orleans Hornets the New Orleans Jazz).

Yes, I didn't coped with teams' records yet. THat is why this called "Undoced ability" :) Some features will be added in future...
As soon as I get paid next week I got some dough for you!

Thanks, man. :) I appreciate that U appreciated my work. :)

I have the same problem.. All I did was copied Rubio instead of Bobby Jackson and saved it..
After opening editor again and changing to 'bank of names' it says error: "list index out of bounds (-1)"
Help Vlad!

after changing the names of bank names and save the file when I try to load again the above error happens ... I'm using the latest roster .... can someone help?

I'll try to find what is wrong with this...
More likely, that Ur roster is based on that, released before the 22nd of October.
Anyway, I'll check this out. Don't change lengths... There is something wrong with the positions, as I tested it only by changing some of the first names...

Ok, I'll add non-case-sensetivness...

Hope u could consider about it. :D

Time will show :))) ;)

I can not understand how someone who could understand leveling the 2 types of config file so we can download?

Not 2 types. "Config" is the name. "txt" - is the extension. So the file is named "Config.txt". It's an ordinary text file, created, e. g., in Notepad.

thanks man i appreciate that i am not sure how to do those things so if you could make it possible with the editor that would be great...oh and how do i donate? do have a pay pal or something...where are you from because i am from the United States and i hope that American money will be a bit more in your currency... let me know and thanks again for responding (Y)

I live in Russian Federation. The way to sending money I know - is WebMoney (I have WMZ acoount there also). Maybe there is some other way (for sure, there is some ))) ). If U need my coordinates (address or whatever) - PM me. WebMoney accounts are inside the program, Help section.
PS: I also have Maestro card. But it belongs to some Russian bank, and I don't know how to use it )) I mean, the University pays me grant using it, and I only know how to get money from it using ATM. And it seems, that this one works only with roubles...

Can you make it work with .CMG please? (my player) I need to change D-Wade's number, because he wears 24 in the game for some reason :D

Ability to open MyPlayer and Association files will be added some days/weeks later, sry, bro. The problem is, I just don't have enough time due to the University.

however, can you add this in the future versions?
- teams category
- able to sort ascending or descending
- height values in "feet"
- more organized menu
- no hex values
- player's portrait inside the editor??? (i hope so)
- ability to do copy & paste
- ability to copy the whole values of one column (duplicate a player in short)
- right click menu (rename, copy, paste, etc)
- able to add new column???
- hopefully, a stunning menu design :D

1. Told already. I'll make teams editable later. Wanna finish with players at first.
2. I don't think so... But, maybe, after teams will be editable. Still, more filters are coming soon.
3. Yes, maybe even in the next update. :)
4. What do U exactly mean?
5. No, there will be HEX values... unless someone makes a list of all the animation - then I will be able to change HEXes to ordinary decimal numerals. But for colors there will be HEX-values, because it's some kind of standard :)
6. U mean, the viewer of portrait? I don't think so... but, maybe, we will cooperate with jor1980 later... still, there is much work for me to do with the editor right now.
7. It's able. :) Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V
8. It's also able. Read the first post attentively. It's written there, how to do this. Anyway, U can't make an absolute clone for now, as there are still some undiscovered values in Roster.
9. Yeah, I thought about Popup Menu...
10. It's not possible now. Maybe, later.
11. Hmmm... tell me exactly, what U mean. But me first objective is to create functional editor... Cool looking takes much time.

for the first version...this is very very very good! :wink:

Thx. And thank U for the feedback.
Last edited by Vl@d Zola Jr. on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 am

Update is coming on Wendsday, I think...
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guigou on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:52 am

vzola thanks for the warning but I do not have lengths changed only the names and still is causing the error access violation
the roster I'm using the most recent which was released last Friday after the October 22

=>Not 2 types. "Config" is the name. "txt" - is the extension. So the file is named "Config.txt". It's an ordinary text file, created, e. g., in Notepad.

because I was in Brazil to translation is not perfect at times on the config.txt and I understand that one type so you could create it and leveling it not only understand what to put in the file
Last edited by guigou on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
guigou

Postby Look my voice to LP on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:53 am

да у меня ростер стандартный
ну короче ждем версии едитора,чтобы можно было и команды регить
а так крутая програ,т.к очень полезная и необходимая всем,кто хочет настроить хороший ростер
ImageImage
I am godfather of the Paint
Look my voice to LP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding